[CoD4] CoDJumper Mod Update [v0.15] (Unsupported)

News will be posted here by the CoDJumper team

Moderator: Core Staff

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » November 25th, 2007, 6:47 pm

'Start' button in the web admin, I don't get to click on specific exe files etc.

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » November 25th, 2007, 6:50 pm

Pedsdude wrote:You want me to start a dedicated server that is hosted in an entirely different location to me as a non-dedicated server? :roll:

I presume it auto starts from iw3mp.exe, and I can't see any .bat files. The only .bat file in the entire server is in the ModWarfare directory, entitled 'makeMod.bat'
ermm ok what i did was i clicked the exe modded cod4 file in the mod folder that starts ya game yea, then just start server with it being a non-dedicated server.? might work, worked kinda for me, just had no-one around to try and connect to test if they can connect to it. and to see if the mod worked or not.

Other than that try and find another way to get the mod to work on dedicated servers.??

Steve

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » November 25th, 2007, 7:13 pm

Ok here it is, open MOD folder double clikc codjumper icont.. this opens up your EXE game file..YES.???

Click Start New Sever selection.

Set Dedicated server to NO ( Set back to default when you play on other servers), do rest of ya setting time, game type ect. then go back to main screnn and select Start Server.

map should load then

Select Weapon

Start playing game with Save Mod & Nades..

Others will need to run there modded CodJumper exe in there mod file Folder and join server as normal./ dont select NO to dedicated server if you joining a server, set it as Internet, open console and enter ip with server that runs the MOD.

This option may help in running a modded server..Can only but try.?? Cant promise it will work 100% and cant say if people who try and connect to a modded server will have tehre mods avalible, untill someone tries it out.

Steve

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » November 25th, 2007, 8:29 pm

KillerSam wrote:Steve its a dedicated server box - you cant simply open it up like that.
well that how mine opens up lol click NO for dedicated and server runs.lol

Maybe im wrong , but still a thought.?

Steve

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » November 25th, 2007, 10:33 pm

Steve, have you ever bought a game server from a hosting company? You can't simply use it as if it's your computer, you're just given FTP to the game directory and an admin panel which allows you to "Start" and "Stop" the server. I'm not able to physically open the .exe file and choose specific options in the menu.

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » November 25th, 2007, 10:48 pm

Pedsdude wrote:Steve, have you ever bought a game server from a hosting company? You can't simply use it as if it's your computer, you're just given FTP to the game directory and an admin panel which allows you to "Start" and "Stop" the server. I'm not able to physically open the .exe file and choose specific options in the menu.
Ahh ok didnt know that...opps...lol

dontknow then, best i shut up for now..lol

Steve

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » November 25th, 2007, 10:53 pm

Hehe, no problem :)

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » November 25th, 2007, 11:05 pm

If you use web to start server, you have to ask the server owners to add the command line to the "start server".
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » November 26th, 2007, 12:10 am

OK, I shall have a word with them.

St.Anger
Past/Inactive Team Member
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by St.Anger » November 26th, 2007, 12:10 am

Cant u start u up use self trough putty or something?
St.Anger [TW]

-Mag-DooM
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by -Mag-DooM » November 26th, 2007, 5:15 am

Heres another simple stupid thought, not sure if it'll work... I'm still getting a feel for the FTP for the -Mag- server, it's proving to be a pain xD.

In your server cfg, you could add a line that executes a separate .cfg. But possibly find a way to make this line only execute in the first loading of the config (I've just noticed with our server, it reloads the default config once every map or two.). Then in the separate .cfg put all the separate commands that you need to setup your server, including loading the mod.

Not sure if this explanation is any help, but it made a bit of sense in my eyes ;)
////////---////---//////
//-//-//--//--//--//----
//-//-//-////////-//-///
//-//-//-//----//-//--//
//-//-//-//----//-//////

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » November 26th, 2007, 3:53 pm

#could we PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE have the mod updated with the RGP unlocked PLEASE, i want tray some jumps with the RGP, with Save mod, as it's difficult to do most jumps without out it, i think i may have found some good jumps that may be possible but i need the RGP with SavePosition...RGP Unlimited,or 99

PLEASE make a quick updayte of this mod..

Thanks i be in ya debt.

Steve

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » November 26th, 2007, 4:35 pm

-Mag-DooM wrote:Heres another simple stupid thought, not sure if it'll work... I'm still getting a feel for the FTP for the -Mag- server, it's proving to be a pain xD.

In your server cfg, you could add a line that executes a separate .cfg. But possibly find a way to make this line only execute in the first loading of the config (I've just noticed with our server, it reloads the default config once every map or two.). Then in the separate .cfg put all the separate commands that you need to setup your server, including loading the mod.

Not sure if this explanation is any help, but it made a bit of sense in my eyes ;)
The problem is that the mod isn't a config, you have to load the game for the particular mod, and the server automatically loads in normal mode.
steveuk wrote:#could we PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE have the mod updated with the RGP unlocked PLEASE, i want tray some jumps with the RGP, with Save mod, as it's difficult to do most jumps without out it, i think i may have found some good jumps that may be possible but i need the RGP with SavePosition...RGP Unlimited,or 99

Thanks i be in ya debt.

Steve
Because it's modded, it's not a ranked server, so everyone's rank becomes 1 and therefore they aren't able to use any unlocks. I'm sure this will be fixable in future though.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » November 26th, 2007, 6:37 pm

Peds, send me (or upload) the server config please.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » November 26th, 2007, 6:54 pm

Pedsdude wrote:
-Mag-DooM wrote:Heres another simple stupid thought, not sure if it'll work... I'm still getting a feel for the FTP for the -Mag- server, it's proving to be a pain xD.

The problem is that the mod isn't a config, you have to load the game for the particular mod, and the server automatically loads in normal mode.
steveuk wrote:#could we PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE have the mod updated with the RGP unlocked PLEASE, i want tray some jumps with the RGP, with Save mod, as it's difficult to do most jumps without out it, i think i may have found some good jumps that may be possible but i need the RGP with SavePosition...RGP Unlimited,or 99

Thanks i be in ya debt.

Steve
Because it's modded, it's not a ranked server, so everyone's rank becomes 1 and therefore they aren't able to use any unlocks. I'm sure this will be fixable in future though.
can or will it progress our ranks if we gain points on this modded version to open /unlock perks and ranks again.?
Steve