Problem with demos and screenshots.

Please give us your feedback and suggestions. Spotted an error on our site? Let us know how we can improve here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Matt
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Problem with demos and screenshots.

Post by Matt » April 4th, 2005, 7:04 pm

I have a problem with demos and screenshots, as the title says. The problem is, i cant find them anywhere! it is a real problem when i try to watch codjumper demos, because i cant put them in any folder. Ive tried making a folder, but it doesnt work. I also have this problem with the maps. I try to put the maps i download off codjumper into call of duty, by putting them in callofduty/cod/maps/mp, but there are no other maps there! and it doesnt work when i try to go on your servers. Can someone please help me out? :?:

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » April 4th, 2005, 7:47 pm

When you download a map, it comes as a .zip file. You need to extract this, and then place the .pk3 file in your 'Call of Duty\main' directory. You then run Call of Duty and either find it in 'Start a New Server' or open the console and type '/map <mapname>' (<mapname> would be mp_jump, peds_puzzle, jm_crispy etc.)

When you download a demo, it may or may not come as a .zip file (the older ones are the ones which come in zips). If it is a .zip then you need to extract it to get the .dm_2 file (or possibly .dm_3 file if it is UO).

If the demo file is .dm_2 then it is a CoD demo, and it goes in 'Call of Duty\main\demos'. If there is no demos folder then create one in your 'main' folder.

If the demo file is .dm_3 then it is a UO demo (from the 1.51 patch), and it goes in 'Call of Duty\UO\demos'. As before, if there is no demos folder then create one.

Load CoD/UO, open the console, and then type "/demo <demoname". If the demo file is called "dawnville2.dm_2" then you would type "/demo dawnville2" (without the .dm_2 extension). If the demo is a .dm_3 file then do exactly the same, but do it in UO.

Any problems still just ask.