Compitisions?

Please give us your feedback and suggestions. Spotted an error on our site? Let us know how we can improve here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Lethal323

Compitisions?

Post by Lethal323 » August 5th, 2007, 4:29 am

i dont know why but it kinda seems like cod jumper is dieing to me, I dont see as much posting in here as i use to and i barely see codjumper online... nightmare was gone for whatever reason just saw him online today. I think it would be fun if cod jumper hosted events!

-Jumping Comps.
-Map Making Comps.
-Graphics Comps.
-Script Building Contest.

other things. and who ever wins get, something, I dont know, or they could just befor fun.

Some rewards could be

-webpage
-money
-free T-Shirt :)
-CoD Jumper Spot

Another Thing, If my clan doesnt use my 20 man Vent, If I donate it to CoD Jumper will you guys use it? cause im paying for it with my cod server im purchasing...

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » August 5th, 2007, 6:03 am

Nightmare is not gone, he is just busy.

We have done a few competitions but the fall down to the same few entering. Mapping competitions come along and we get very few participants.
"script building" competitions would be pointless, as there are few dedicated scripters who create scripts, most people create maps and add scripts to them.

Anything money based cannot and will not be offered. The server and hosting has to be paid for, webpages are not free, t-shirts cost money to print and send, and a CoDJumper spot is earned not given away.

As for a vent server, people may use it, but I am sure there is already vent/ts servers used between those who want to talk to each other. I certainly am not one to just jump on and talk to anyone.

CoDJumper is not "dying" it is currently in a low period, we have reopened the "Records" page with very little entry (even with the new 'easy' rules to follow). Some time in the future the "Nade" section will be opened, probably too late due to the oncoming release of CoD4.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Nightmare
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Nightmare » August 5th, 2007, 6:36 am

Yes I have been busy this past week but I am now back.

Hopefully when Cod4 is released (soon, I hope) then more people will come, as we can do more things. I have been thinking up of some ideas for mods and I am actually in the process of working on one.
Coding is Poetry. Mapping is Art.
"Cause im the sexiest mapper ever...except for nm, that sexy man" - Soviet

-=[CoDJumper.com Movies]=-
[Ambush] || [Backlot] || [Bloc] || [Bog] || [Broadcast] || [Chinatown] || [Countdown]
[Crash] || [Creek] || [Crossfire] || [District] || [Downpour] || [Killhouse] || [Overgrown]
[Pipeline] || [Shipment & Wetwork] || [Showdown] || [Strike] || [Vacant]

Lethal323

Post by Lethal323 » August 5th, 2007, 7:02 am

NM knows how to modd?!?!?!!

Also im trying to figure this one out, Since there is a new script out there for crashing cod servers im trying to build an ANTI Crash server, it would work by if a user excededs this amount of Characters then BAN!

waywaaaard
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by waywaaaard » August 5th, 2007, 9:48 am

nightmare is a script god -.-
THAT HANDS WERE NOT TRACED!
visit my blog: Link
Soviet wrote:Yeah, watch out, Peds will hit you with his +5 D-Battleaxe of homosexuality :roll:

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » August 5th, 2007, 3:00 pm

CoDJumper is far from dying. As long as there's are CoD games we will prevail 8)
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Neon
Too cool for CoDJumper
Too cool for CoDJumper

Post by Neon » August 5th, 2007, 4:05 pm

Alot of people look at the site but don't troll the forums, so they'll be more than you think. It doesn't help that CoD3 was never brought to PC but when COD4 does hit...BAM..
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...Checkmate."
"Seriously... .45k/sec it is a joke.. I could have just gone out and taken my own photos of children in this time."
"You have just become my fave youtuber!" - KillerSam in regards to myself. Win.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Compitisions?

Post by Pedsdude » August 5th, 2007, 7:08 pm

Lethal323 wrote:i dont know why but it kinda seems like cod jumper is dieing to me, I dont see as much posting in here as i use to and i barely see codjumper online... nightmare was gone for whatever reason just saw him online today. I think it would be fun if cod jumper hosted events!

-Jumping Comps.
-Map Making Comps.
-Graphics Comps.
-Script Building Contest.

other things. and who ever wins get, something, I dont know, or they could just befor fun.

Some rewards could be

-webpage
-money
-free T-Shirt :)
-CoD Jumper Spot

Another Thing, If my clan doesnt use my 20 man Vent, If I donate it to CoD Jumper will you guys use it? cause im paying for it with my cod server im purchasing...
Drofder's pretty much covered most of this post. The idea of giving out a webpage probably isn't a good idea - people could exploit it and could give CoDJumper a bad name. The security risk would be too great, also.

We've used @codjumper.com email forwarders as a prize for the past monthly competitions, but as Drofder says, most of the same people enter these competitions and so they've already won the prize.

The records page has been re-added recently. I would give it a reasonable amount of time for people to realise it's back online - this is good for the site because it creates a competition where no prize is needed because people get the respect/popularity of being top. We also have the gap records page, so I think 'Jumping comps' is covered.

Mapping competitions are slightly flawed, because most of the good mappers are usually already working on a map, and won't have enough time to make a reasonable map before the deadline closes.

As for a vent server, it would be nice, but in all honesty I doubt it would be used much. I'm in a clan and so I'm usually on their TS and won't have time to go on vent. Also it's hard to pretend you're AFK on a vent server if you want to talk to someone there - we have that freedom on xfire.

Coontang
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Coontang » August 5th, 2007, 7:53 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:Nightmare is not gone, he is just busy.

We have done a few competitions but the fall down to the same few entering. Mapping competitions come along and we get very few participants.
"script building" competitions would be pointless, as there are few dedicated scripters who create scripts, most people create maps and add scripts to them.

Anything money based cannot and will not be offered. The server and hosting has to be paid for, webpages are not free, t-shirts cost money to print and send, and a CoDJumper spot is earned not given away.

As for a vent server, people may use it, but I am sure there is already vent/ts servers used between those who want to talk to each other. I certainly am not one to just jump on and talk to anyone.

CoDJumper is not "dying" it is currently in a low period, we have reopened the "Records" page with very little entry (even with the new 'easy' rules to follow). Some time in the future the "Nade" section will be opened, probably too late due to the oncoming release of CoD4.
Is there an official like codjumper teamspeak server or any chance of one? id very much like one, for the dedicated people (the team, me, neon other people who are active)
JDogg: 'I have a video of me pissing, wanna see?'

aicaramba
Past/Inactive Team Member
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by aicaramba » August 5th, 2007, 9:05 pm

we (used to) have a ts server, i never used it tbh.
P.S.V. Kampioen!

waywaaaard
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by waywaaaard » August 5th, 2007, 10:01 pm

if u need a TS-Server I've got one
THAT HANDS WERE NOT TRACED!
visit my blog: Link
Soviet wrote:Yeah, watch out, Peds will hit you with his +5 D-Battleaxe of homosexuality :roll:

Neon
Too cool for CoDJumper
Too cool for CoDJumper

Post by Neon » August 5th, 2007, 10:25 pm

There's no point in a TS, because it would have to be public and they get hacked constantly ;| If I come accross a TS that isn't passworded i'll use a flooder for the sake of it. The IP would be on the site so even more people would know....not worth it
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...Checkmate."
"Seriously... .45k/sec it is a joke.. I could have just gone out and taken my own photos of children in this time."
"You have just become my fave youtuber!" - KillerSam in regards to myself. Win.

Nightmare
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Nightmare » August 6th, 2007, 4:13 am

Lev!athan wrote:nightmare is a script god -.-
True that :D

I have also made a few programs, real executable files as you can see in the thread below.

http://codjumper.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... t=programs

Yes, I know, the programs are not amazing in graphics, but they are pretty fun for when you are bored.
Coding is Poetry. Mapping is Art.
"Cause im the sexiest mapper ever...except for nm, that sexy man" - Soviet

-=[CoDJumper.com Movies]=-
[Ambush] || [Backlot] || [Bloc] || [Bog] || [Broadcast] || [Chinatown] || [Countdown]
[Crash] || [Creek] || [Crossfire] || [District] || [Downpour] || [Killhouse] || [Overgrown]
[Pipeline] || [Shipment & Wetwork] || [Showdown] || [Strike] || [Vacant]

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » August 6th, 2007, 6:41 pm

Neon wrote:Alot of people look at the site but don't troll the forums, so they'll be more than you think. It doesn't help that CoD3 was never brought to PC but when COD4 does hit...BAM..
So true. We already have most of the stuff covered.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol