Map records!?!?!

Please give us your feedback and suggestions. Spotted an error on our site? Let us know how we can improve here!

Moderator: Core Staff

smarnca
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Map records!?!?!

Post by smarnca » July 5th, 2007, 9:56 pm

I think it would be nice if you would fix that site again :D First of all it would be nice for us to have a goal in wich time map could be done so we coul practise and inprove that time...
I see about 3 problems with that.
1: Demos are quite big so where to put them...i have about 400GB net place available for that so this isn't a problem
2: FPS used for map....dont realy know how to contol that....i mean if someone is jumping with 125 fps and move it to lets say 250 or 333 (only for jump or 2 in the hole map) i dont have an idea how to control that
3: nades or no nades.....i think this is irelavat, cause if you re a god jumper you wont need them aniway and it's faster to jump without (3 secs of waiting for nade to blow up you could do 2-3 jumps)

Save position mod....able to load in the air or not? I think yes....

Well thats the problems i see in this chapter of jump records, but i thint that they can be solved, i only dont know about fps....
wanabe pro jumper xd

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Map records!?!?!

Post by Pedsdude » July 6th, 2007, 12:39 am

smarnca wrote:1: Demos are quite big so where to put them...i have about 400GB net place available for that so this isn't a problem
2: FPS used for map....dont realy know how to contol that....i mean if someone is jumping with 125 fps and move it to lets say 250 or 333 (only for jump or 2 in the hole map) i dont have an idea how to control that
3: nades or no nades.....i think this is irelavat, cause if you re a god jumper you wont need them aniway and it's faster to jump without (3 secs of waiting for nade to blow up you could do 2-3 jumps)

Save position mod....able to load in the air or not? I think yes....
1. As KillerSam said, demos are not that large, and with our current host we have plenty of bandwidth and space so it's not a problem.

2. FPS should probably not be included in the rules, most of the best jumpers have reasonable computers and even so it would be a hassle to keep track of what FPS people are using.

3. As you say, this is irrelevant. Nade jumping takes longer, so if you're not good enough to make a jump and need to use a grenade then someone who is able to make the jump normally will have a better time than you anyway.

As for the save position mod, I think this shouldn't be allowed, unless it is a particularly tough map (in terms of being easy to die in - Soviet_Stronghold!). I could include on the map records page whether or not the save mod is allowed.

As for actually putting the section back online, I plan to do that over these holidays. I haven't had time to do it in the past because of school, exams and being away on holiday, but now I'm back and have the time. You may or may not have noticed changes to the site over the past few days - these will continue throughout the Summer as I add to and improve the site.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » July 6th, 2007, 3:06 pm

just make it so use of the save mod equals a +5 second penalty per load.
That way people can still complete the harder maps.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Neon
Too cool for CoDJumper
Too cool for CoDJumper

Post by Neon » July 6th, 2007, 4:08 pm

I miss the old days where there wasnt a savemod ;/ People are too lazy to bother jumping properly.

Drofders 5 second penalty sounds good.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...Checkmate."
"Seriously... .45k/sec it is a joke.. I could have just gone out and taken my own photos of children in this time."
"You have just become my fave youtuber!" - KillerSam in regards to myself. Win.

smarnca
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by smarnca » July 6th, 2007, 4:16 pm

So if i understand this corectly...

1.FPS are unlimited...
2.Frags are alloved
3.Each use of save position mode (nod saving but loading) gives u 5 sec penalty?

If so i understand the rules and i agre with them
wanabe pro jumper xd

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » July 6th, 2007, 7:05 pm

smarnca wrote:So if i understand this corectly...

1.FPS are unlimited...
2.Frags are alloved
3.Each use of save position mode (nod saving but loading) gives u 5 sec penalty?

If so i understand the rules and i agre with them
All rules atm are not official.

1. We cannot control the FPS of players, so its unlimited. Those with better PC's should not be forced to lower themselves.
2. Grenades Jumps take a longer amount of time as normal, anyone who can normal jump the gap has an advantage of speed.
3. The save-mod can be used, but loading a save will cost 5 seconds (This is map dependant, some maps will require no save mod).
4. (New rule) No deaths during the map. A death is usually the signal for the timer to end. You cannot use the save mod to load a position after death.

Potential new rule to stop cheats...
5. All (exploitable) cvars must be shown in console before the jump. For example, g_gravity.
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » July 6th, 2007, 11:00 pm

The Records page isn't the only page which needs to get sorted. Nade Throwing too!

I do agree with Drofder though. But on some maps you just die so at these times the Save Mod comes in handy.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Neon
Too cool for CoDJumper
Too cool for CoDJumper

Post by Neon » July 6th, 2007, 11:24 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:4. (New rule) No deaths during the map. A death is usually the signal for the timer to end. You cannot use the save mod to load a position after death.
what about on Soviet Stronghold when you can't really press the load position button fast enough before you touch a kill trigger?
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...Checkmate."
"Seriously... .45k/sec it is a joke.. I could have just gone out and taken my own photos of children in this time."

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » July 7th, 2007, 1:38 am

Neon wrote:
Drofder2004 wrote:4. (New rule) No deaths during the map. A death is usually the signal for the timer to end. You cannot use the save mod to load a position after death.
what about on Soviet Stronghold when you can't really press the load position button fast enough before you touch a kill trigger?
and? :P

Neon
Too cool for CoDJumper
Too cool for CoDJumper

Post by Neon » July 7th, 2007, 2:04 am

Defeats the point of being allowed to use save position on certain maps (stronghold) if it's not possible to use because of another rule ;/

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » July 7th, 2007, 1:33 pm

Neon wrote:Defeats the point of being allowed to use save position on certain maps (stronghold) if it's not possible to use because of another rule ;/
Untrue.

It is perfectly possible to use save jump with the death rule in place, just one section of a map requires a perfect run.

How about we make all of stronghold no save mod allowed?

Coontang
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Coontang » July 7th, 2007, 2:25 pm

insane...if i even got a run trhough it id be happy.
JDogg: 'I have a video of me pissing, wanna see?'

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » July 7th, 2007, 6:45 pm

Might be possible for me if I could get my FPS to stick at 125 all the time :roll:
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » July 7th, 2007, 7:42 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:just make it so use of the save mod equals a +5 second penalty per load.
That way people can still complete the harder maps.
Good idea.

Coontang
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Coontang » July 7th, 2007, 8:19 pm

can we get the records up again, then?
JDogg: 'I have a video of me pissing, wanna see?'