How to watch demo's a detailed explanation

Have a question you need to ask? Need help? Ask here!

Moderator: Core Staff

jfrancx
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

How to watch demo's a detailed explanation

Post by jfrancx » March 16th, 2005, 8:58 am

Ive seen many posts about how to watch the demos it really isnt that difficult i had most of the mistakes you guys have so I will make another post on how to do it:

1.Download a demo from this site or another one
2.put the .dm_2 file in for ex.C:/Program Files/CallofDuty/Main/demos
3.Look at the name of the .dm_2 file for example if the file is called harbor1.dm_2 just remember the harbor1 which is the name of the demo
4.start up CODMP!!!!This was one of the reasons the demos didnt work with me it has to be the mp(multiplayer) and not sp(singleplayer)
5.In the main menu of codmp open console, normally its the ² key or esc key or ~ key but most of the time its the lil key on top left side of keyboard under esc which looks like a 3 and a 2 above each other
6.Type /demo [name of the demofile which you put in CallofDuty/Main/demos without the dm_2 behind it(ive used the harbor1.dm_2 file earlier so if i would want to start it up i woould have to type /demo harbor1]

I hope most of you will understand this now ive repeated myself lots of times in this post in the hope you would understand it so all i can do now is wish you all good luck :wink: :P :lol:
Last edited by jfrancx on March 16th, 2005, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Koekie
Past/Inactive Team Member
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by Koekie » March 16th, 2005, 6:01 pm

isn't this the same as: http://pedsdesign.com/codforums/viewtopic.php?t=318
thanx anyway ;)

jfrancx
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by jfrancx » March 16th, 2005, 6:33 pm

Yes but it seems there are still tons of people who still cant get it working so i decided to write one on my own