Walls and elevators

Have questions about CoD2 mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Inetpub
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Walls and elevators

Post by Inetpub » August 15th, 2006, 4:37 pm

Marshall or luke, can you guys post your map files somewhere so we can look at them? I'd really like to see how you guys did afew tricks. Im still learning afew tricks but I'd like to learn how to make the elevators and walls you can walk through.

Inetpub

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » August 15th, 2006, 5:01 pm

Very rarely will someone post their map files...

Explain what you want your elevator to do and how it should work and I can help with that.

As for the walls being "non solid" simply make the wall, right-click on the 2D part of Radiant and select "non-coliding")
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

creator
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by creator » August 15th, 2006, 5:42 pm

and the elevator make a brush and make it a brushmodel give it a targetname and make a trigger with trigger texture and trigger_multiple, and give it ofcourse targetname trig_targetname then make a script with the targetnames and u be done. dont use the elevator script on http://www.modsonline.com cause its bugged:
the "" are '' and bad synax and those stuff. best way to make 1 and u learn more about that (thats how i did it)
Cod 1 Mapper&Modder&Moddeler