News will be posted here by the CoDJumper team

Moderator: Core Staff

Grom
Past/Inactive Team Member

Grom´s CoD1 Server Gone In A Few Days :(

Post by Grom » April 7th, 2006, 12:11 pm

Well, kinda sad news for you guys..
My CoD1 server will shut down 13th April. My CoD2 server will still be up :D This is because my renting time is over, and it´s a bit to expensive to pay for both servers.

I hope you all have enjoyed the server in the time it´s been up :D

Cya over at the CoD 2 server ! :D

leveller
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by leveller » April 7th, 2006, 3:07 pm

i'm sorry to see the server shutdown, it was(is) a fun server.

from here i would like to say thanks for sharing the server and letting us jump.

personaly i would rather see the cod 2 server go down, but thats just me.

maybe we could do a litle fund-raising to keep the server up, "Save Grom´s CoD1 Server"

aicaramba

Post by aicaramba » April 7th, 2006, 4:05 pm

Damn... thats where i was most of my time gaming...
I agree with leveller about rather seeing the cod2 server goin down.. but I guess the cod2 server is used more then cod1 (atleast its allmost allways full).

Well. thnx for sharing the server :cry:
P.S.V. Kampioen!

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » April 7th, 2006, 4:19 pm

Sad to see it go - thank you very much for providing it for us for such a long time Grom, it has always been the first-choice server for me when I want to jump! As leveller and aicaramba said, in my opinion I would rather see the CoD2 server go down and the CoD1 server remain online, however as aicaramba rightly said, the CoD2 server seems to be full most of the time, so it would be in our best interests to keep it running.

Dan2k3k4
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Dan2k3k4 » April 7th, 2006, 8:16 pm

:( :cry: :( I <3d that server, it always had better jump maps then the BF one, and Shep's one is still down :( Well hopefully CoD2Rad/Patch is out this weekend and hopefully it isn't too long for new jump maps to be made...

I think I'm gonna go jump on Grom's vCoD server one last time hehe 8)

Many Thanks Grom for providing the server ;) It's where I did 254 jump (bah I know I suck I can't get past 254 hehe) :P <3

Koekie

Post by Koekie » April 7th, 2006, 8:26 pm

aaaw :'(

Grom

Post by Grom » April 7th, 2006, 8:34 pm

Wow, thanks for all the replies. Didn't know you all loved the server so much :D
But, the good news is: I will probably take down one of the servers, but if you all want the CoD1 server to be up instead of the CoD2, I will keep it up.

But I thought, the patch+map tools for CoD2 will be out in a minute, and like Dan says, jumpmaps will be out very soon, so I thought the best choice was to keep the CoD2 server alive. But like I said, if you want the CoD1 server to be up instead, I will listen to the community.

Maybe make a poll or something?

Wicker
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Wicker » April 7th, 2006, 8:41 pm

I personally think the CoD2 server should stay. Theres 2 CoD1 codjumper servers at the moment and only one for CoD2. also, i rarely see the cod1 servers full up...

Luke

Post by Luke » April 7th, 2006, 8:43 pm

Well a poll is a good idea Grom, go ahead and start 1 :). I guess i'd be in favour of keeping the cod 1 server, coz thats where i jump the most. But as mentioned, the cod 2 sdk is apparently on its way, and we'll want at least 1 reliable cod 2 server which we have complete control over.

Wicker
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Wicker » April 7th, 2006, 8:44 pm

woops double post....

Grom

Post by Grom » April 7th, 2006, 8:55 pm

Yea, my opinion is to keep the CoD 2 server. But it's kinda sad if we lose good jumpers like peds, aicaramba, leveller etc (If they cant play cod2). But I'll make a poll about it :wink:

Dan2k3k4
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Dan2k3k4 » April 7th, 2006, 11:48 pm

Couldn't you keep the vCoD server up then switch it to CoD2 once SDK is out?

aicaramba

Post by aicaramba » April 8th, 2006, 12:01 am

Grom wrote:But it's kinda sad if we lose good jumpers like peds, aicaramba, leveller etc (If they cant play cod2).
You wont lose me :wink: I can play CoD2, it just gives me terrible fps and I prefer jumpin in cod1.
P.S.V. Kampioen!

leveller
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by leveller » April 8th, 2006, 1:36 pm

Wicker wrote:I personally think the CoD2 server should stay. Theres 2 CoD1 codjumper servers at the moment and only one for CoD2. also, i rarely see the cod1 servers full up...
Those 2 cod server i belief require you to have the jump map pak installed,
i'm not goint to dl a map i already have, just becouse its wrapped in a map pak.

Grom wrote: Yea, my opinion is to keep the CoD 2 server. But it's kinda sad if we lose good jumpers like peds, aicaramba, leveller etc (If they cant play cod2). But I'll make a poll about it
i can play cod 2, just dont like it, played the SP version only half way, and only a few times the MP version.
a bout the losing us part, i'm like "herpes simplex" once i'm there you never lose me again :D

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » April 8th, 2006, 1:37 pm

Dan2002300313 wrote:Couldn't you keep the vCoD server up then switch it to CoD2 once SDK is out?
I agree with Dan - at the moment the CoD2 server is a bit pointless as there's only a limited amount of jumping you can do on the stock maps, whereas there are loads of cod1 jump maps (and more being made every day). We should wait until CoD2 jump maps begin to be released and then switch the server to CoD2. Hopefully by that time I will have gotten a new computer which will be able to run CoD2 anyway (my parents are planning on getting one over the easter holidays).