"Why I stopped eating meat"

General chat area for anything whatsoever

Moderator: Core Staff

scott
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

"Why I stopped eating meat"

Post by scott » April 6th, 2013, 11:59 pm

A Video created by professional freerunner Tim Shieff explaining basically why he stopped eating meat and how it's changed his life for the better. I thought this video was very interesting, I learned a lot of things that I didn't previously know and the way that I look at meat has changed completely. I highly recommend that you all watch this video as I think it's necessary for you to know a bit extra information on meat considering you're eating it after all.

Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/CodGlitchesHD

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: "Why I stopped eating meat"

Post by Drofder2004 » April 7th, 2013, 12:18 am

Sorry, but I stopped at "addicted to meat". I can't take any one serious who says shit like that.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » April 7th, 2013, 1:00 am

I eat meat, pretty much daily. Not because I'm 'addicted' but because I find it to be pretty important, just as eating fruits and vegetables are.

I wouldn't want to kill animals though. I also wouldn't be able to live as a butcher. I just can't do it.

There's one thing regarding butchering I absolutely despise and that's the halal method. I seem to remember that there was a video of that on these forums somewhere. It's the only video online that I couldn't finish. I've seen a lot of sick stuff online, but that was too much (Yes, I've even finished 2 girls 1 cup, but I clicked that away halfway at first :P). I blame it on my love for animals.

Anyway, I didn't see that video. But I assume it's one of those videos to 'convert' you to become a vegetarian...
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

scott
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by scott » April 7th, 2013, 1:42 am

KillerSam wrote:The "Addicted to meat" thing as Drofder said, is silly.
I think it is to a point but he's kinda right about how a lot of things we do we're addicted to and we don't even realise it for e.g. just eating certain foods that you eat daily you find it normal because you do it so often you don't even think about other things when you eat it you just do it.

I understand what you're saying Sam and I agree, people take meat for granted (me being one) at least you're willing to put in effort for your food and appreciate that the animal is dying purely so you can have a meal.

I'm with you on this one Zaitsev, I love animals so if it came down to me killing animals for me being able to eat meat I just couldn't do it, I think it must be horrible not really having an option to live or die so I'd happily make do with things like fruit and veg. Also from what you saw of the video what is the "halal method"?

I also think it's disgusting thinking about what he said about how the animals are fed shit food and whatnot and then use the nutrients that it can squeeze out of that just to live then you're left with this meat which has been badly treated which you eat.

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » April 7th, 2013, 11:00 am

I reccomend not watching the video. It's the tradition way for Muslims to kill animals in a way that they bleed out until they're dry. Cut their throat without any painkillers. They're fully aware. Even going so far to kill animals while other animals are watching them. The animals can see what's coming.

There's a video on the forums here. I'm not going to search for it.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

scott
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by scott » April 7th, 2013, 12:07 pm

Oh don't worry I don't intend to find the video I was just curious about how the method was actually done, thanks for the information.

x0ozero0x
PS3 Team
PS3 Team
PSN ID: x0ozero0x

Post by x0ozero0x » April 7th, 2013, 3:13 pm

It's funny how you've suddenly found a conscience for animals after watching this video but you talk about dead babies and wishing harm on everyone's grandmothers all the time :mrgreen: *banter* *banter*

x0ozero0x
PS3 Team
PS3 Team
PSN ID: x0ozero0x

Post by x0ozero0x » April 7th, 2013, 3:19 pm

KillerSam wrote:who?
Skooter over here. The guy who posted the video, and has a thing for free-runners.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » April 7th, 2013, 5:50 pm

Bunch of pussies, just eat your f**king steak!

He makes some good points regarding protein in diets etc., and some people having too great a conscience to eat an animal that has been killed, but he for me he loses a LOT of credibility with comments like this:

"Not to mention all the fear and adrenaline pumping through the animal as it's killed and on its last legs, just about to be murdered, all the negative energy running through it gets transferred across to you as you eat it."

In the end, it's a personal choice and opinion. I eat meat, I enjoy eating it. I appreciate that an animal has died for me to eat it, but as Sam says, if I had to kill an animal to feed myself, I probably would. I don't enjoy cleaning toilets, but some people do it for a living, and we pay them to do so.

scott
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by scott » April 7th, 2013, 6:03 pm

x0ozero0x wrote:It's funny how you've suddenly found a conscience for animals after watching this video but you talk about dead babies and wishing harm on everyone's grandmothers all the time :mrgreen: *banter* *banter*
lmfao zero haha that's completely different, when I say that I generally don't mean it I just say it because I enjoy abusing random people.

And yeah I agree peds but about the "with comments like that" part I guess that's just what he believes there isn't really a way to prove that it happens or doesn't so we can't really say it's not possible, he's just very open minded.

Hardcore
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Hardcore » April 7th, 2013, 8:11 pm

Hum.

I eat meat a lot too, as a good French lol. But I'm kinda sceptic about some arguments.

I was studying medecine last year, and I learned that humans can live without meat, but there is some important part you'll miss in your nutrition, as some kind of proteins for exemple.

Those proteins are good for getting fit faster for exemple, if you do sports that require real physical stuff, then you can't just eat vegetables.

I must agree by the way to the fact that we eat too much meat. We don't need that much. And if we were eating only vegetables, there will be less hunger in the world.

But the whole point, in fact, is psychological. Like chocolate (and, funfacts, sperm), it has been proven that meat has antidepressant qualitys.

In our society, where everyone can eat anything he wants, it's all about psychology and social factor.
Why do you watch what you're eating? Taking care of your health is the first point, I agree.

But peoples try to lose weight also for being good looking, to please someone and first of all to please themself about their physic.

It's like saying it's MY corpse and I control it totally. Don't forget that 2 centurys ago, the fashion was big womens :)

I respect everyone's choice, but to be honest, the argument of "Oh no I wont eat meat becuzzz it's dead animals" is, in my opinion, not a good argument.

It's easy to say that for us today, we are rich and we can eat and drink anything we want. But what would you do if you're lost somewhere, nothing to eat, nothing to drink?
Won't you kill an animal because he's too cute?

We are animals, and we need to eat too. It's not because I eat meat that I don't respect animals. That's why you, we, have to keep looking on how the animal is dead, because the animal must feel the less pain possible and we must be the most respectful possible toward him.

And to be honest, look at what meat do we eat and how the animal has been killed, you'll see we're not that far from the muslim. Only a few are killing animals like how they deserve. I don't think McDonald's priority is animal's care.

Last thing, I may be wrong, but if we wouldn't have been there, do you think there would still be cows, goat, porks etc...?
Well I'm not sure :)

Sorry for my bad english, maybe :p It's still hard for me to argue like this :)
. Image

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » April 7th, 2013, 9:29 pm

Just came to post that I just finished eating a steak 5 minutes ago (the first time I've had a steak in months) and it was F***ing delicious.
-

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » April 7th, 2013, 9:43 pm

KillerSam wrote:
F |Madness| U wrote:Just came to post that I just finished eating a steak 5 minutes ago (the first time I've had a steak in months) and it was F***ing delicious.
I placed a Ribeye steak into my tesco online basket a couple of hours ago :P
Couple of fillets is my preference.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by <LT>YosemiteSam[NL] » April 8th, 2013, 8:47 am

My mouth starts to water over here !! I prefer a good old 500gr steak....mmmm

Sonic
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Sonic » April 8th, 2013, 10:16 am

x0ozero0x wrote:It's funny how you've suddenly found a conscience for animals after watching this video but you talk about dead babies and wishing harm on everyone's grandmothers all the time :mrgreen: *banter* *banter*
Hah, that's so true. Also the main reason why I didn't even pay attention to the whole topic as Scott started it.