Lagg When Spectating

Have a question you need to ask? Need help? Ask here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Jape
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe
Gamertag: xMorgaan

Lagg When Spectating

Post by Jape » September 3rd, 2012, 11:13 am

Hi all, I have a problem that started occurring recently. When a player goes into spec it lags the server for about 1 second, at first I thought it was the server, so as our contract was coming to an end i moved to a new host. This did not fix the problem, then I thought maybe it is our mod seen as we are running custom scripts. Still not the problem.

I reinstalled the server so it was blank, uploaded the default CJ mod no scripts in sight. Still this problem when a player chooses spectator the server lags. Something to note would be this does not occur on mp_rbliamv3 or mp_crazy_jump. So I thought maybe it is only maps with .IWD's which is not the case.

Any help on how to fix this or notifying me of the cause of this would be greatley appreciated.

Regards,
Jack.

Sonic
PC Team
PC Team

Re: Lagg When Spectating

Post by Sonic » September 4th, 2012, 12:49 pm

That's odd.

Is it just lagging for you when someone goes to spectator or does it also lagg for other players?
I'd say if it laggs for everyone it'd be some kind of server latency?

Maybe try contacting your server host if you didn't already.

Jape
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Jape » September 4th, 2012, 1:34 pm

Hi Sonic, it laggs for everyone, I thought it was a server side problem and as our contract was about to run out i switched hosts, it happens with this host also, It only happens on certain maps which i find weird i currently have a rotation with non lagging maps, and unfortunately it seems the "better" ones are the ones that have this lag problem.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » September 4th, 2012, 2:32 pm

Are you using any custom additions to the CJ mod?
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Jape
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Jape » September 8th, 2012, 10:48 am

We were, but i tried it with a completely blank download of codjumper and reinstalled the server so that was blank and the problem was still occurring.