changing config help?

Have a question you need to ask? Need help? Ask here!

Moderator: Core Staff

cianw1
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper
Gamertag: cianw1

changing config help?

Post by cianw1 » July 29th, 2012, 1:43 pm

In my Activision/Cod4/proflies i have a folder named cianw1 (my cod4 proflie) and a file called active.txt

I downloaded a cod4 config which I want to use, but in my 'cianw1' folder i have 2 other folders, demos and mods. I have set explorer to see hidden files but cant find my mpconfig? Also, how can I create another profile to use the new cfg? I created a new profile in Cod4, but its not showing up in the profiles folder.

Me: Well, i think the ONLY way to resolve this problem is...KS reseign from site admin and me to take his place, and then commence my plan for world domination...
KS : Done.

Nekoneko
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Re: changing config help?

Post by Nekoneko » July 29th, 2012, 4:21 pm

you might have the homepath set up to a different directory.
go ingame and check the dvar fs_homepath
id set it to the same as fs_basepath

cianw1
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by cianw1 » July 29th, 2012, 4:29 pm

Nekoneko wrote:you might have the homepath set up to a different directory.
go ingame and check the dvar fs_homepath
id set it to the same as fs_basepath
How do i do this?

Me: Well, i think the ONLY way to resolve this problem is...KS reseign from site admin and me to take his place, and then commence my plan for world domination...

x0ozero0x
PS3 Team
PS3 Team
PSN ID: x0ozero0x

Post by x0ozero0x » July 29th, 2012, 5:06 pm

My path is here C:\Users\"Name"\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare not sure if this will help you at all but I ran it in compatibility mode once and it now does everything from here, so if you have ever run CoD4 in compatibility mode try looking there.

cianw1
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by cianw1 » July 29th, 2012, 7:27 pm

x0ozero0x wrote:My path is here C:\Users\"Name"\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare not sure if this will help you at all but I ran it in compatibility mode once and it now does everything from here, so if you have ever run CoD4 in compatibility mode try looking there.
Ah thanks i did find my folder there with my config in it, can i just switch a cfg i downloaded with my old one and swap them back and forth to change them?

x0ozero0x
PS3 Team
PS3 Team
PSN ID: x0ozero0x

Post by x0ozero0x » July 29th, 2012, 8:26 pm

I assume so; try it. The cfg only contains the key bindings and variables for each cmd doesn't it.

cianw1
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by cianw1 » July 29th, 2012, 8:49 pm

Ok I replaced my old CFG with a new one, then played some promod, but everything is exactly the same?

Goro92
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Goro92 » July 29th, 2012, 9:38 pm

cianw1 wrote:Ok I replaced my old CFG with a new one, then played some promod, but everything is exactly the same?
what do you mean with "exactly"? binds/graphic/filmtweaks ?

cianw1
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by cianw1 » July 30th, 2012, 3:33 pm

Goro92 wrote:
cianw1 wrote:Ok I replaced my old CFG with a new one, then played some promod, but everything is exactly the same?
what do you mean with "exactly"? binds/graphic/filmtweaks ?
Literally everything is the same