Tribes Ascend

Discussion for other PC and console games

Moderator: Core Staff

crazypanzer
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Tribes Ascend

Post by crazypanzer » April 17th, 2012, 11:33 pm

Hey Codjumpers, don't know how much ya'll know about the Tribes game series. I'm still pretty sure we have some old school gamers in here though. Tribes Ascend is the newest game in the Tribes series, kinda like a cross betweem Unreal Tournament, Quake, and Halo if you need a description and you've never played Tribes before. It's a very fast paced first person shooter.

The game is free to play and I figured some of you would at least try it out. It need more players :D.

I'm putting two download links below here, it's only 2.6 GB. The first link is a direct link to the game site and download, the 2nd one is a referral link. I don't like to seem like I'm forcing you to be my referral so your choice of link.

Link: https://account.hirezstudios.com/tribesascend/

Referral Link: https://account.hirezstudios.com/tribes ... aign=email

It's an awesome old school style game, you should really check it out. I feel like a spambot for making this post like this lawl :/.
[22:33] CP/vigil-Priapus/ps||cp: found a forum with people having similar problems
[22:33] CP/vigil-Priapus/ps||cp: still in task manager?
[22:33] CP/vigil-Priapus/ps||cp: processes tab?
[22:33] CP/vigil-Priapus/ps||cp: damn you cod.....i'm prefiring questions

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: Tribes Ascend

Post by Drofder2004 » April 18th, 2012, 12:39 am

Played it, was ok but nothing special. Sniping was terrible. Levelling process promoted pay2win and not play2unlock.

After several hours of playtime, I only managed to unlock 1 class and a couple of weapon upgrades.
There is only so much of the same maps you can play as the same class over and over...
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010