Admins wake up!!!

Talk about anything related with the servers

Moderator: Core Staff

iCYsoldier
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Re: Admins wake up!!!

Post by iCYsoldier » November 15th, 2011, 1:36 am

I have never even seen half you people, and the first time you show your face is to make stupid requests and insult members and admins? No-one needs you here.

I don't even get the point of wanting VIP status, besides just giving yourself a false sense of authority and skill. Moving and killing people is fun for about 5 minutes, and it then gets very annoying when 10 people ask you to move them at once, and then ask for guns when they've done a map.

None of you deserve the title of "Very Important Person". Pedsdude, don't give authority to any of these undeserving clowns.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » November 15th, 2011, 1:37 pm

I skipped reading the forums for ONE DAY this year and this gets posted.
FFS, can you people at least give me a 24 hour warning for potential epic threads.

1. I see no post in the forum saying "Server #x is continously stuck on map". You clearly know where the forum is yet you choose to ignore it.

2. There are (as said) 14 servers. If a server is broken and there is no admin that can solve the problem immediately, post a topic and go to another server.

3. Just because an admin is online, does not mean they are ready, able or willing to help you, no matter how quick the fix is. Everyone has a life here (arguable, I know). Being logged in to xfire is not a sign of readiness.

In regards to Perm VIP or RCON access, those who know the people who frequent the servers more often will be considered by an admin. If we feel someone is trustworthy enough to have a little extra server power, they will be told. Naming potential people will only serve to give us false positives, people who pretend to be helpful for the sake of a little power.

<-- Retired from server duties.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Xpayne
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Xpayne » November 15th, 2011, 3:30 pm

uh oh ah...mmm "Admins wake up!!!" - we're never sleep.

My opinion.

1.Xfire , messanger , skype - if you have any problems , error , server , problems with players just contact with us.
I'am or other else (admin) will help you out...No1 is offline - We always do our best job to help you!

2.When the time will come - someone might get admin status , to solve , the greatest Pedsdude and KillerSam will tell to us "When"

--Close Topic--

Xpayne with love<3
I'll take care of checking whether the music is royalty-free or not

Let's save this post.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Goro92
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Goro92 » November 15th, 2011, 4:43 pm

iCYsoldier wrote:I have never even seen half you people, and the first time you show your face is to make stupid requests and insult members and admins? No-one needs you here.

I don't even get the point of wanting VIP status, besides just giving yourself a false sense of authority and skill. Moving and killing people is fun for about 5 minutes, and it then gets very annoying when 10 people ask you to move them at once, and then ask for guns when they've done a map.

None of you deserve the title of "Very Important Person". Pedsdude, don't give authority to any of these undeserving clowns.

joeyoh9292
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe
Gamertag: CCCLX LeGEnD
PSN ID: Joe_2k8_FTW

Post by joeyoh9292 » November 15th, 2011, 5:55 pm

All of the "VIP"'s in this section are missing my point. I don't care about VIP and I think it's a stupid idea. I don't know why it was suggested.
Secondly, ignore the fact that the server was down. After kicking up a fuss it seems to have been resolved (apparantly, I haven't checked).
Thirdly, i've been here for over 2 years (on and off) but my computer broke down last year and i've been saving for a new one, so don't dare call me new.

Now that that rubbish is out of the way, I shall continue my argument, but before I do...
DON'T CLOSE THE THREAD!
It's a good thread that admins seem to be checking where everyone can have a good argument about their idea's.

Now where to begin...
I know that CoDJumper is incredibly successful. It created hundreds of other jumping servers and clans and brought jumping to the attention of the crowds but sadly that crowd is dwindling. You need to know this fact, because you're all acting as if the community is huge, when it's not. Not at all. There hasn't been a long-term full #1 for a while and there is never a full server on any of the others, so don't pretend that you are all high and mighty. I have the upmost respect for you all, creating the best thing that has ever happened to CoD (imo), but it's past it's prime and you should realise that if you want to keep it strong it needs variety, equality and rights for every person.

Now onto my actual statement that I am trying to get across:
We need one or two active moderators who are on the server at peak times to revise any issues that arise and who can resolve issues with some maturity. If this cannot be achieved, then the issue should be moved directly to an admin and left with them. This would resolve many issues you seem to be having with time management. By moderator I mean someone with no more privileges than the rest of the people on the server except for a direct, respected and authorised access to admins.
We also seem to need active jump map creators (as in dedicated map creators, not just who create the odd poor map). This would give the server more variety and exclusivity compared to other servers out there. Please look into this and perhaps hold competitions for creators that include prizes or something.
Finally I believe that CoDJumper should now focus on the community. I may or may not make another thread on this, but this is just my belief. I think that CoDJumper has always been accepting of the community, but never for it. More for its own self-respect. That needs to change if we want it to be more active and interesting.

These are just my thoughts and opinions and I hope that admins/staff read and respect them.

Thanks.

joeyoh9292
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by joeyoh9292 » November 15th, 2011, 6:38 pm

I haven't seen many people in any other servers, but that's most likely due to time differences I assume, if what you say is correct (this isn't denial btw :P).

Thanks for aknowledging everything Sam and i'm glad you think some minor changes should be made.

My main concern is more to do with community. I just think CJ needs more active consumers than it possesses at the moment. By that I mean I think that maps could be created more often and exclusively (see previous posts) and also the forums could have user managed sections like shops and competitions and the sort (by this I mean grant more active players/forum readers/writers access to thread creation in a board where only these people are authorised to do so. However have another section where the community as a whole can put forward suggestions to be held in this area. It's complicated but I hope I made sense :P)

Again, thanks for taking everything into consideration and acting upon it all :D

This is why I love CoDJumper, the community is still at the centre, albeit at a slight tangent :)

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » November 15th, 2011, 6:59 pm

The community is small, but the concept of jumping is still massive.

'The demise of CoDJumper' is something that has been wrongly guessed at for a long time [many times by myself].
There are 2 Call of Duty games we have lived through without jumping [for long anyway], (MW2/BO) and we are entering our third era of 'no content' (MW3). Yet our Youtube channel is busy, we have multiple servers, we have new maps coming out slowly (with some quality)... the only thing definitely on the decrease is the forum, but that is due to new social mediums (or the use of them).

During the CoD, CoD2, UO days, we used demos and jump videos were rare.
Now, we rarely see demos, but we get a lot of videos. People don't comment on the videos in the forum, they use Youtube.

CoDJumper is dying, but it is a lot slower than first thought. To go through 4 years of playing Modern Warfare and still today getting new content is beyond expectation. If you have only been here during CoD4s era, then you haven't seen CJs 'prime' to compare to it.

My final point regarding your first paragraph would be that we are open to ideas, comments, criticisms but those who play on the servers are not bothered about posting in the forum. For example, it took over a year to point out a bug in the CoDJumper mod. It takes two minutes to register and post, but it is the admins that get called lazy for not using their own two minutes to fix things.

---

In regards to your second point (or your actual point), every single member of the CoDJumper XFire clan has access to the admins that are online. There is no special club you need to be part of, there are no special exclusive access areas, and being Xfire, you dont even need to leave the game to talk...

And your final point, relating to mapping. Mapping is a long process for good maps (and for new mappers with bad maps). It is a hard thing to encourage, and an even harder thing for people to stick at. It is time consuming and most people give up on it quickly.

With CoD4, there is a lot more to think about that with CoD1/2, there are bounces, RPGs, mantles, FPS switching, etc, unlike with previous games where you could simply measure distance and map around it. CoD4 mappers are being asked for more, we want good looking maps, with some scripting, some visual FX, a secret room, some new jump ideas... It does not suprise me that fewer maps get released.

---

Ideas. Ideas. Ideas.
We have tried many, we have tried basic competitions, we have brought in PS3 and XBox jumpers, we have had tried 'Top 5 Jumps', sadly most have failed.
Open to practical ideas as always.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » November 15th, 2011, 8:08 pm

Joey, I read your post and started to worry about the length of the reply I would have to make to respond to all the questions raised, but fortunately it seems Sam and Drofder have done it for me ;)

joeyoh9292
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by joeyoh9292 » November 15th, 2011, 8:15 pm

I'm glad that the first 2/3 of this thread have been completely ignored and I just thought i'd share my thanks for disregarding it :)

I'm quite tired, hopefully i'll wake up soon. I think I should just get this post over and done with, before getting to in-depth as I shall gladly create another thread and link to it from here.

All I want to say on my moderator idea is this: It will allow ease of access for CoDJumper members directly to admins without being disregarded (as is assumed by a lot of members of other websites, but as I have never regularly followed this site, I won't know) and this will fix that issue. Also, it will stop most of the spam that would come through otherwise. It's just a simple idea that CoDJumpers could make a goal and that admins would benefit from.

Onto the topic of mapping. I realise that it takes time and effort, but we can't just stop promoting mapping. My dream is to have a team of mappers all working for CJ that share mapping when discusssing content (maps would be of higher quality, less maps would be abandoned and they would be released more frequently). As I have said, my brain seems to be dying at the moment, so I can't really form coherent passages but I hope you understand what I meant.

Penultimately, I'll try to come up with ideas over the next few weeks and post them to the forums. If they get a thumbs up from admins, I will work on them personally.

Lastly, I needn't have been here at the birth of CoDJumper, nor the prime. I know that over the years CoDJumper has dwindled. I dont know if jumping in general is slowing down or if it's just CoDJumper, but I do know that there are small differences between CJ and other jumping sights, and we need to have a revolution. I don't know what in or how, but I'm working on it. If you understand what surfing is in CSS, you'll see that jumping can be revolutionised, just as surfing was, and I hope that it will be in the near future. If anyone has any ideas, post below. I will gladly work alongside anyone who wants to do anything in the aid of CJ.

I'm done arguing I think, but we all need to work together to form a new community with goals.

Thanks again
Joe.

P.s. If you think what i've posted is complete drivvle, notify me and I will re-post, thanks.

P.p.s Haha Peds, i'm glad that it's no longer needed. Hope to get properly talking to you soon, along with the rest of the community. Sorry for any disagreements.

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » November 16th, 2011, 12:44 am

joeyoh9292 wrote:Onto the topic of mapping. I realise that it takes time and effort, but we can't just stop promoting mapping. My dream is to have a team of mappers all working for CJ that share mapping when discusssing content (maps would be of higher quality, less maps would be abandoned and they would be released more frequently). As I have said, my brain seems to be dying at the moment, so I can't really form coherent passages but I hope you understand what I meant.
Sadly our mapping staff is lacking at the moment. I can't say for certain but I'm pretty sure none of the CJ staff have a map in the making, which is a shame. I'd love to promote mapping/scripting but unfortunately 90% of the people in the mapping help forums are looking for a 'quick fix' to their problem, they don't want to spend time learning how to do it properly. Most new CoD4 jump maps are made by inexperienced mappers but active jumpers. Consequently they focus more on the jumps rather than aesthetics which leads to ugly maps with huge bounces. If jumpers would take the time to learn how to create maps correctly and some simple coding, you would see some really creative maps(look at DanTheMan and his last few jump maps, they are an example that should be strived for).

As for myself, I have 2 upcoming projects but they're going to be implemented in CoD2, not CoD4.
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

Vartazian
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Vartazian » November 16th, 2011, 3:12 am

Rezil wrote:
joeyoh9292 wrote:Onto the topic of mapping. I realise that it takes time and effort, but we can't just stop promoting mapping. My dream is to have a team of mappers all working for CJ that share mapping when discusssing content (maps would be of higher quality, less maps would be abandoned and they would be released more frequently). As I have said, my brain seems to be dying at the moment, so I can't really form coherent passages but I hope you understand what I meant.
Consequently they focus more on the jumps rather than aesthetics which leads to ugly maps with huge bounces. If jumpers would take the time to learn how to create maps correctly and some simple coding, you would see some really creative maps(look at DanTheMan and his last few jump maps, they are an example that should be strived for).

As for myself, I have 2 upcoming projects but they're going to be implemented in CoD2, not CoD4.
This is true in a sense, but some people, such as myself favor skillful jumps and huge bounces over aesthetics.

Mirko
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Mirko » November 16th, 2011, 8:38 am

vartazian has made some brilliant maps. although they are just floating platforms the actual bounces arent just straight forward.
im also amazed at how cod4 has been so active even after BO and MW2 have come out. i reckon mw3 is just hopeless for pc gamers. its also amazing how we can find new bounces still.

just a random comment. there hasnt been any free for all codjumper maps recently. by this i mean mp_mega and mp_ultimate.
if someone could make a decent map like those it would be great.
overall im glad the codjumper community is still alive. ive only known it for like 4 months but i really enjoy the friendlyness. even though im aussie i go on the american server cj 10 and that still has admins on it all the time despite what time it is there.

iCYsoldier
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by iCYsoldier » November 16th, 2011, 9:14 am

Vartazian wrote:This is true in a sense, but some people, such as myself favor skillful jumps and huge bounces over aesthetics.
Just because you favor one over the other, doesn't mean you can't have both. Floating platforms are ok, but you could still make them more creative or themed.

Mirko
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Mirko » November 16th, 2011, 9:19 am

making them more creative and with scripts takes longer time and some people dont have the time for that. another thing is that creative maps lower your fps. i cant get 333 fps in mp_cheops out side on the pyramid and inside in some places. this defeats my change of completing the map. keeping it simple gets you more fps. imagine mp_wireframe being a map with lots of creative things in it. almost no-one would be able to do the 1000fps track.

iCYsoldier
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by iCYsoldier » November 16th, 2011, 9:45 am

Zombie wrote:making them more creative and with scripts takes longer time and some people dont have the time for that. another thing is that creative maps lower your fps. i cant get 333 fps in mp_cheops out side on the pyramid and inside in some places. this defeats my change of completing the map. keeping it simple gets you more fps. imagine mp_wireframe being a map with lots of creative things in it. almost no-one would be able to do the 1000fps track.
It doesn't need scripts, and giving it a better theme won't lower your fps. Vertigo, for example, would look alot better if brushes were lined up to look neat and tidy, the walls had better textures etc.

Also, one major influence in FPS is the amount of collision in the map. Don't use unnecessary or excess clips and brushes because the CPU takes more time to process it.