Talk about anything related with the servers

Moderator: Core Staff

BullDozer
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Re: Admins wake up!!!

Post by BullDozer » November 14th, 2011, 11:17 pm

Pedsdude wrote:
joeyoh9292 wrote:I don't mind people being available, in fact, I think that it's brilliant that there is. However, I believe that it's necessary to have at least one impartial moderator/administrator in the server at most times (especially during periods with a rather large amount of people on the server).
I still don't get why someone is needed to be on the server with RCON at all times. I might consider allowing a very few select people to have RCON access, but this won't be in the immediate future.
Someone with RCON at all times definitely isn't necessary, which is why earlier i said about perm-vip. It's great, and i think if there was at least a few of them (e.g., 4) it would help stabilize the server, that and one or two more admins whom are active.

Goro92
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Goro92 » November 14th, 2011, 11:21 pm

BullDozer wrote:
Pedsdude wrote:
joeyoh9292 wrote:I don't mind people being available, in fact, I think that it's brilliant that there is. However, I believe that it's necessary to have at least one impartial moderator/administrator in the server at most times (especially during periods with a rather large amount of people on the server).
I still don't get why someone is needed to be on the server with RCON at all times. I might consider allowing a very few select people to have RCON access, but this won't be in the immediate future.
Someone with RCON at all times definitely isn't necessary, which is why earlier i said about perm-vip. It's great, and i think if there was at least a few of them (e.g., 4) it would help stabilize the server, that and one or two more admins whom are active.
and so are you a candidate for that? lol....u want more power! :P

joeyoh9292
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe
Gamertag: CCCLX LeGEnD
PSN ID: Joe_2k8_FTW

Post by joeyoh9292 » November 14th, 2011, 11:23 pm

Exactly. We don't want people with RCON (at least I don't) because I KNOW it'll get abused. I just want to see selected moderators with easy access to admins in servers, who are impartial and can keep track of offenders or recurring bugs so that a true admin (i.e. you and Sam) can act quickly without having to hear huge, long-winded stories from both sides. It's just easier if you put a little trust in people sometimes, you know?

Qauntumz
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie
Gamertag: QuaNnTuM HD

Post by Qauntumz » November 14th, 2011, 11:24 pm

How does rcon get abused unless your 12? not much you can do with it. makin a big deal

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » November 14th, 2011, 11:24 pm

#1 is now back online with mp_to_the_moon running. I believe it was mp_skypia_v1 that was causing the issues, and so it has been removed.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » November 14th, 2011, 11:26 pm

joeyoh9292 wrote:Exactly. We don't want people with RCON (at least I don't) because I KNOW it'll get abused. I just want to see selected moderators with easy access to admins in servers, who are impartial and can keep track of offenders or recurring bugs so that a true admin (i.e. you and Sam) can act quickly without having to hear huge, long-winded stories from both sides. It's just easier if you put a little trust in people sometimes, you know?
That can and does happen. Over the past month or so I've been repeatedly making changes to map rotations as a result of feedback from Sonic. People don't need RCON to make suggestions such as that.

BullDozer
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by BullDozer » November 14th, 2011, 11:33 pm

[/quote]

and so are you a candidate for that? lol....u want more power! :P[/quote]

Are you mentally ill? I never said that. Maybe you should learn how to read (oh, and write) properly.

BullDozer
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by BullDozer » November 14th, 2011, 11:34 pm

Pedsdude wrote:
joeyoh9292 wrote:Exactly. We don't want people with RCON (at least I don't) because I KNOW it'll get abused. I just want to see selected moderators with easy access to admins in servers, who are impartial and can keep track of offenders or recurring bugs so that a true admin (i.e. you and Sam) can act quickly without having to hear huge, long-winded stories from both sides. It's just easier if you put a little trust in people sometimes, you know?
That can and does happen. Over the past month or so I've been repeatedly making changes to map rotations as a result of feedback from Sonic. People don't need RCON to make suggestions such as that.
Hence why my previous suggestion of perm-vip makes sense.

BullDozer
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by BullDozer » November 14th, 2011, 11:50 pm

HAHA. that is a joke? yes. sorry, but how on earth do you come up with this crap, if the RCON gets abused, peds can simply BAN the person abusing it, or take his admin privileges away.

oh, and how many times do i have to say perm-VIP?

Oh well, it doesn't affect me that much, i guess il have to permanently switch to styx server, which is more active than cj1 because of the active admins AND perm-VIP's anyway.

It's funny, its almost like peds wants people to leave his server and have less bandwidth, or at least, not make his server as stable and enjoyable as possible.

EDIT: You're post is also very ironic, as you say "put trust in people", yet you think these "trustworthy" people would abuse the system?

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » November 14th, 2011, 11:54 pm

I will have a think about it and decide if/who to give GUID admin access to. Giving out RCON is currently unlikely.

BullDozer
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by BullDozer » November 15th, 2011, 12:03 am

Pedsdude wrote:I will have a think about it and decide if/who to give GUID admin access to. Giving out RCON is currently unlikely.
I agree, RCON isn't necessarily needed all the time, but somebody active who can shoot, teleport, kick, etc is. Also, please consider my suggestion of perm-vip, it really does work well and will make the server more enjoyable for anybody.

I think making one or two people with GUID access and adding a permanent VIP script to the server will make it way better, and also highly skilled jumpers can become P-VIP's by completing a challenge, e.g., completing a map in a certain amount of time, then if that person does something wrong and isn't trustworthy to have vip powers you can always demote them. P-VIP's will be a good idea because they can show other players a jump by TP'ing there, etc.

Also, i don't think anyone wanted RCON, or expected you to give anybody it, xD.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » November 15th, 2011, 12:07 am

BullDozer wrote:adding a permanent VIP script to the server will make it way better, and also highly skilled jumpers can become P-VIP's by completing a challenge, e.g., completing a map in a certain amount of time, then if that person does something wrong and isn't trustworthy to have vip powers you can always demote them. P-VIP's will be a good idea because they can show other players a jump by TP'ing there, etc.
VIP = able to kill people. To give that out to people who have simply completed a map in a certain amount of time is an absurd suggestion.

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » November 15th, 2011, 12:16 am

there isn't much you can abuse with rcon
You can ban innocent people and quit the server, that's enough abuse.
blah blah add VIP scripts
Why would somebody deserve VIP for completing a map in a certain time? Just because they can jump doesn't make them suitable to have the power to cause havoc on the server (yes, being able to fly around and kill people DOES cause havoc- I can't see the reason for anyone to be able to do this, even the most trusted admins don't need it).

More active permanent admins would be useful, however I can see from Ped's/KS' point view they wouldn't want to make somebody admin who they potentially don't trust- most of the admins have been in the community a very long time and are trusted, you can't easily find extra admins.

On this subject, I'd like to say kudos to Pedsdude, KillerSam and all of the figures in this community for managing the forums, servers, youtube and everything in a professional enjoyable manner. I havn't been in the CJ community particularly long, but I have throughly enjoyed my time here and don't think it could have been run much better than it has been. People bashing really don't understand the effort involved in something like this, especially whilst having jobs and other dependancies. <3 CJ
-

Sonic
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Sonic » November 15th, 2011, 12:29 am

F |Madness| U wrote:On this subject, I'd like to say kudos to Pedsdude, KillerSam and all of the figures in this community for managing the forums, servers, youtube and everything in a professional enjoyable manner. I havn't been in the CJ community particularly long, but I have throughly enjoyed my time here and don't think it could have been run much better than it has been. People bashing really don't understand the effort involved in something like this, especially whilst having jobs and other dependancies. <3 CJ
^ This.

BullDozer
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by BullDozer » November 15th, 2011, 12:31 am

Pedsdude wrote:
BullDozer wrote:adding a permanent VIP script to the server will make it way better, and also highly skilled jumpers can become P-VIP's by completing a challenge, e.g., completing a map in a certain amount of time, then if that person does something wrong and isn't trustworthy to have vip powers you can always demote them. P-VIP's will be a good idea because they can show other players a jump by TP'ing there, etc.
VIP = able to kill people. To give that out to people who have simply completed a map in a certain amount of time is an absurd suggestion.
OK, let me rephrase. ONLY give it out to trustworthy + skilled people. if the person fails to be trustworthy, ban/take thier VIP away. SIMPLE. I find it astounding how you didn't figure that out for yourself, oh well.

Also, this works VERY well on the styx server, and people behave better there than on CJ1, and theres a lot less blockers/spammers etc.

So, my suggestion is quite the opposite of "absurd" , as theres proof it works.