Steam > Pre-order > hat > waiting!

:D
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: Skyrim

Post by Soviet » August 4th, 2011, 11:20 pm

I'm waiting to see if they offer a cooler deal before I preorder. Hat doesn't mean much to me.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » August 5th, 2011, 12:26 am

Hat is a bonus to me. I only needed 1 second to get this game!

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » October 25th, 2011, 3:32 pm

Awesome live action trailer!
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » October 25th, 2011, 4:49 pm

Now that's something completely different. Job well done!

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » November 9th, 2011, 7:14 pm

Pre-loading started! Thankfully I'm home at 12 this Friday so I can play all fucking day, haha :P

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » November 12th, 2011, 4:00 pm

Skyrim delivers.

Meta Score well earned so far :D

<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by <LT>YosemiteSam[NL] » November 13th, 2011, 12:49 am

I got it today :mrgreen:
Played for an hour or so (always play RPG's realy slow :) ).
Looks awesome on ultra setting !

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » November 13th, 2011, 6:55 am

The interface is beyond shit, everything else is amazing.
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » November 13th, 2011, 3:14 pm

Rezil wrote:The interface is beyond shit, everything else is amazing.
This.
Antoher game that has clearly focused the HUD on console usage. Luckily though, the game does not feel like a console port anywhere else.
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » November 13th, 2011, 3:56 pm

Was going to buy it as a spur of the moment purchase last night, but decided not to. Quite a few of the PC user reviews moaned consistently at it looking/feeling like a console port, as well as other inexcusable bugs with the game.

This review on metacritic stood out for me - not very well written, but raises some important points (I highlighted the rather amusing/key parts):
OK so Skyrim... I will keep it simple. Good stuff: spellcasting immersion (streams carry you if you try to swim, beetles in forests that you can catch, night sky) atmosphere looks (not graphics LOOKS as in it aesthetically it looks great but it's still a DX9 game in **** 2011) character models (much better than in Oblivion) character faces (again much better than Oblivion) dungeons traps soundtrack Bad stuff: User Interface is pure consolitis designed for controller not M+K melee and combat in general (melee sucks the most it's like they didn't improve one bit from oblivion hell they made it even worse now you cant even backpedal and thus cant evade **** the melee is nothing but a button masher at best controls - I mean ...there are some things that are just puzzling. For example you cant jump from sprinting. Why? It makes no sense what so ever. inconsistency (something looks great and then you notice the wall behind it with 420x200 textures or some **** like that) Bugs A lot of them. And some really REALLY annoying ones like chickens and horses report you for stealing/murdering. Yep. You heard it right. **** chickens and horses are witnesses. That all said it's a good game IMO. Can and will be improved with mods. Pity if you're a console users you wont experience them. So yeah not a perfect game but it's good stuff. Oh yeah and a big **** YOU to Todd Bull**** Howard for lying to us PC users that we are getting a User Interface made FOR m+k and not just a port from consoles. I am really disappoint. That and I am also very disappointed when they in a recent interview said that "it's hard to program for PC and there is a lot of piracy" Console version was leaked 2 weeks before the launch and nobody said anything. And to think that a company that owes it's existence to PC market says something like that.... just disgusting.
That said, there are a large number of positive reviews for the game, but I would expect the majority of them to be the type of people who lap up these style games anyway (just like MW2 and Black Ops getting good ratings from many people). For the neutral like me, who was considering buying the game for some entertainment, it seems a bit pricey giving the criticisms I've repeatedly seen in some reviews.

<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by <LT>YosemiteSam[NL] » November 13th, 2011, 4:08 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:
Rezil wrote:The interface is beyond shit, everything else is amazing.
This.
Antoher game that has clearly focused the HUD on console usage. Luckily though, the game does not feel like a console port anywhere else.
Totaly agree.
Haven't played it for long yet....tonight I will play for 3 to 4 hours, I'll post my opinion after that session.

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » November 13th, 2011, 6:58 pm

I got used to the HUD quite a while back, it's not really that bad. My only complaint at this point is there is no preview for how equipped items will look. Otherwise the game is fantastic, basically a much improved Oblivion.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » November 13th, 2011, 8:40 pm

Soviet wrote:I got used to the HUD quite a while back, it's not really that bad. My only complaint at this point is there is no preview for how equipped items will look. Otherwise the game is fantastic, basically a much improved Oblivion.
And also a nice "weapon/armor comparison" feature would be good. Compare two items beyond just their damage capability.

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » November 13th, 2011, 9:49 pm

Yeah the weapon comparing needs a bit of tuning. Often it compares my bow with my swords/axes etc.

Regarding the HUD, really? I prefer the one in Oblivion (A bit more detail) but this is np.

What could also a bit more redefining is the perks system, it's a bit annoying to look at them through. Would prefer a list instead of how it is now. I actually wrote the perks down I really want.

And there was also mentioning the low pixels crap. That only happens at slow loading sometimes (Oblivion had the same, I believe even Morrowind had it). It'll go to full graphics quickly.

The only part I really dislike is the world map, can't see roads and bridges and shit. It's annoying.

Also love how some perks changed (Love smithing, alchemy and enchanting are really interesting too). The game could've used a Cooking skill though.

Console port? I don't feel it at all, looks fucking gorgeous.