Discussion for other PC and console games

Moderator: Core Staff

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Crysis 2 (PC Demo)

Post by F |Madness| U » March 1st, 2011, 9:33 pm

http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/99830/

Never played the first Crysis, but I will check this demo out anyway.
-

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: Crysis 2 (PC Demo)

Post by Drofder2004 » March 1st, 2011, 9:39 pm

Pass.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » March 1st, 2011, 9:40 pm

It's worth checking out. The gameplay might actually be decent this time.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » March 1st, 2011, 9:41 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:Pass.
Is it not a very good game? My friend told me Crysis was good and recommended me to download the demo, other than that I don't know much about it!
-

Shinryu
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Shinryu » March 1st, 2011, 11:36 pm

xSnipeZx wrote:
Drofder2004 wrote:Pass.
Is it not a very good game? My friend told me Crysis was good and recommended me to download the demo, other than that I don't know much about it!
The old was was good. Its so called "Sequel" is a shameless desecration of the original that shoved the negative aspects of CoD into it.

From what I've seen, Crysis 2 is just trying its hardest to look like Halo at the core with CoD elements to it. The original was completely different.

I played the beta, and I was even more disappointed than I thought i'd be; it was buggy as hell. :shock: I couldn't even get past the loading screens. They just froze.

BeZZo
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by BeZZo » March 1st, 2011, 11:42 pm

Graphics and gameplay are both amazing

One annoying things I noticed:
When shooting from Stealth, the first shot breaks it, but that shot doesn't actually counts as a "shot", so no Ninja moves 8)

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » March 1st, 2011, 11:57 pm

Soviet wrote:It's worth checking out. The gameplay might actually be decent this time.
I'm glad I am not the only person who thought the original gameplay was awful, but while you can be optimistic, I shall be the pessimist.
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."

Shinryu
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Shinryu » March 2nd, 2011, 12:06 am

I frankly don't see what people see in this game if they didn't even like the first one. It just takes the first one, ruins it and throws a layer of CoD cloning on top. I can't stand killstreaks and perks. :evil: It's overdone, and only kills the multiplayer potential. And putting it in an urban environment pretty much means it's going to lose the fun of the campaign; and the only part anyone liked about the first ones in SP is when you were kicking korean ass; after that it was just BS; looks like it starts from that point here.

I played the original games (Multiplayer) for the past 2 or 3 years, and it really grew on me after a few weeks (although I was utterly disgusted at first). It hurts to see this mainstream garbage. :(

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » March 2nd, 2011, 2:16 am

Killstreaks and perks are sadly the way of the future.
Get used to it.

Shinryu
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Shinryu » March 2nd, 2011, 3:29 am

On its own, it's not bad actually. As a sequel.... :evil:

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » March 2nd, 2011, 7:50 am

Having played the demo for about an hour, the multiplayer gameplay is approximately 378 times better than the original. Of course, it is worth noting that Crysis 1 MP was absolutely abysmal, but I'd call the MP at least decent in Crysis 2. It makes much better use of the nano-suit to add an interesting twist to the multiplayer and manages to add in a lot of CoD elements without making it feel like a derivative piece of shit. That being said, I probably just like it because stealth kills kick ass.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » March 2nd, 2011, 11:06 am

Drofder2004 wrote:Killstreaks and perks are sadly the way of the future.
Get used to it.
Promod is the way of the future.
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » March 2nd, 2011, 6:52 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:Killstreaks and perks are sadly the way of the future.
Get used to it.
BC2 did it right!

I've said it before, the perfect FPS would be the gameplay of Battlefield and the movement (And shooting) of the CoD series. WTB :(
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Shinryu
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Shinryu » March 2nd, 2011, 10:11 pm

Soviet wrote:Having played the demo for about an hour, the multiplayer gameplay is approximately 378 times better than the original. Of course, it is worth noting that Crysis 1 MP was absolutely abysmal, but I'd call the MP at least decent in Crysis 2. It makes much better use of the nano-suit to add an interesting twist to the multiplayer and manages to add in a lot of CoD elements without making it feel like a derivative piece of shit. That being said, I probably just like it because stealth kills kick ass.
Try Warhead's multiplayer. It made a number of changes (Stealth wasn't useless, they actually decided to add Team Instant Action, etc)

I played the demo for several hours, but, I'm going to have to still take the original/wars, having played it for a good 2 and a half years.

And by comparison, Crysis 2 is a derivative piece of shit. :) The old ones had Strafe Jumping :(

But, as long we get to mess around with LUA files like we could in the first ones, I'm fine with it. :D That stuff was the shit.

I'm also going to love to see how creative the hacks are on the day it's released. :roll: The first game had fly hacks and freeze pistols.

But, really. this is no sequel to crysis. The maps are tiny, there's no original game modes (Crash Site = Headquarters? :roll: )

Would love to see Power Struggle re-added. :(
Last edited by Shinryu on March 2nd, 2011, 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BeZZo
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by BeZZo » March 2nd, 2011, 10:53 pm

Why so negative Shinryu ? The game isn't that bad :)