Fallout New Vegas

Discussion for other PC and console games

Moderator: Core Staff

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: Fallout New Vegas

Post by Soviet » November 2nd, 2010, 4:56 am

Replaying in hardcore mode on very hard. Fucking dehydration.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

ConnoR
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper
Gamertag: conz0rz

Post by ConnoR » November 2nd, 2010, 8:43 am

Won't be getting this till Christmas time... :'(

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » November 2nd, 2010, 4:58 pm

Soviet wrote:Replaying in hardcore mode on very hard. Fucking dehydration.
How often do you need to sleep/get water? I'm thinking of doing this when I finish up my current game.
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together."
"A still more glorious dawn awaits- not a sun rise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with four hundred billion suns: the rising of The Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: infinate
[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: u r smarter than me

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » November 2nd, 2010, 5:13 pm

Infinite wrote:
How often do you need to sleep/get water? I'm thinking of doing this when I finish up my current game.
Soviet doesn't sleep and does urine counts at water? If it does not, he doesn't drink water.
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » November 2nd, 2010, 5:23 pm

Hoogie wrote:
Infinite wrote:
Soviet doesn't sleep and does urine counts at water? If it does not, he doesn't drink water.
I saw that one coming tbh :S.
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together."
"A still more glorious dawn awaits- not a sun rise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with four hundred billion suns: the rising of The Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » November 2nd, 2010, 10:23 pm

Water every 20 minutes or so, sleep is pretty rare. Food every 40 minutes or so.
ImageImageImage

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » November 2nd, 2010, 10:46 pm

Soviet wrote:Water every 20 minutes or so, sleep is pretty rare. Food every 40 minutes or so.
not too bad I guess. Sounds more like a chore than a "hardcore" playing style.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » November 3rd, 2010, 12:50 am

Quick question for Soviet...

Do your stats/challenges continue into a new game or do they reset.
i.e 10,000hp from Stimpaks for the challenges etc.

As there is no way I will be doing that in one play through :P
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » November 3rd, 2010, 12:52 am

Some of them don't, I think ones like the stimpaks do though.
ImageImageImage

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » November 3rd, 2010, 5:08 pm

You can glitch a quest (The doctor in that building with all the solar panels) and gain infinite XP + Doctor Bags and Stimpacks :D My brother just levelled to lvl 30 from like 14 with that, lol.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » November 3rd, 2010, 7:45 pm

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:You can glitch a quest (The doctor in that building with all the solar panels) and gain infinite XP + Doctor Bags and Stimpacks :D My brother just levelled to lvl 30 from like 14 with that, lol.
If I wanted to do that, I would just use the console ingame >.>

(Infact, I did once use the console because the Brotherhood Quest line bugs outs. You get two quests, but you should only be able to complete one. Doing both puts the elders in an error state and the mission does not complete. Do not try and change the leadership within the Brotherhood is my advice.]
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » November 3rd, 2010, 7:51 pm

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:You can glitch a quest (The doctor in that building with all the solar panels) and gain infinite XP + Doctor Bags and Stimpacks :D My brother just levelled to lvl 30 from like 14 with that, lol.
There are quite a few glitches like that. When you go to the computer at the end of Vault 11 and press the last option, you gain 500xp for finishing a quest. If you don't exit the computer, you can continually press it and get 500 xp per click :S.
Do not try and change the leadership within the Brotherhood is my advice.
I made Hardin the leader, but he was a total ass to Veronica for her questline. I don't think the leader matters for this quest, but ether way he was still a prick. I should've kept the leader as McNamara D:

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » November 3rd, 2010, 8:00 pm

Infinite wrote:
Do not try and change the leadership within the Brotherhood is my advice.
I made Hardin the leader, but he was a total ass to Veronica for her questline. I don't think the leader matters for this quest, but ether way he was still a prick. I should've kept the leader as McNamara D:
It completely bugged out for me, I think it was to do with the order I completed the quests. Luckily there is a quest reset code which basically cancels out the effects of trying to elect a new leader.

Also, for "Rose" companinon, you can get both her "good" and "bad" perk.
You are given both options, completing the good option first allows you to then complete the bad option. :)

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » November 3rd, 2010, 9:14 pm

I haven't done any Brotherhood of Steel quests yet but I can give you some advice on a quest I tried to do and it bugged for me until I found out why it bugged. Contains spoilers though. It's one of the 3 cassino quests, the one I'm talking about is the cassino furthest away (The one where everybody wears masks).

Spoilers:

It's the quest where certain members are into canibalism and you need to rescue the son of someone who's missing. Just be sure you're above neutral with The Strip so you can effectively finish this quest.

You can do 2 options, drug the wine and just cook one meal for Mortimer. But before you do that you need to get information that the guy's son is still alive.

The buggy happens when you don't talk to his father before you cook the meal. You get one exra dialogue saying that his son is in the cassino. Click on that one and then get the meal cooked and calling the waiter. Free the son after the waiter is gone and then do the optional quest for extra rewards, Wait for him to end the speach and then confront Mortimer. (If you're Neutral everybody will attack you which is a pain in the ass).

If you don't talk to the father before cooking the meal his son won't follow you into the main hall where his father is.

Took me a while to figure out and a lot of time doing it over and over again till I found out his father had a new dialogue. Just want to spare you guys the headaches :) Awesome quests though.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » November 6th, 2010, 1:18 am

ScreenShot14.jpg

It felt so badass to kill this guy :).

He literally one shot killed me on my first attempt.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT. I just left the cavern and there were Deathclaws waiting outside for me. Scared the living SHIT out of me D:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.