New Project - CoD4 Jump Map Walkthroughs!

News will be posted here by the CoDJumper team

Moderator: Core Staff

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Re: New Project - CoD4 Jump Map Walkthroughs!

Post by Lancast » April 18th, 2010, 7:41 pm

I disabled the fog because on some rpg jumps, you can't really see what's going on or the jump technique, I thought it would be better like that, but if you want me to enable it I'll do in my next walkthroughs(that is if this video here goes on codjumper channel).
If you do agree to let me make the walkthroughs with you, we will have to decide who does which map.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » April 18th, 2010, 10:51 pm

Downloaded the file and will upload it overnight tonight.

Don't bother making one for propel, I've already given Zaitsev a demo and song for it :)

As for others, I don't mind you doing them - you'll have to confirm with Zait/Hoogie which ones to do.

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » April 19th, 2010, 11:22 am

Pedsdude wrote:Downloaded the file and will upload it overnight tonight.

Don't bother making one for propel, I've already given Zaitsev a demo and song for it :)

As for others, I don't mind you doing them - you'll have to confirm with Zait/Hoogie which ones to do.
Ask Zait which one to do. He does all the jumps and then i re-do/do the jumps if neccessary. I'n trying to let him do all the jumps and i just make the video but so far i think i did more of the jumps aswell :P

He told me he already had a lot of demos tough so not sure which you can do ;)
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » April 19th, 2010, 12:44 pm

I see this still hasn't been posted yet, i thought Zait would do it, anyway here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qmEFgOi1j4&fmt=22

Also, why is the video on a youtube channel called XBOXCoDJumper?
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » April 19th, 2010, 3:33 pm

Hoogie wrote:I see this still hasn't been posted yet, i thought Zait would do it, anyway here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qmEFgOi1j4&fmt=22

Also, why is the video on a youtube channel called XBOXCoDJumper?
People have a habit of stealing our videos from time to time. I've posted on it saying "Stolen from my account ;)", so will see how long it takes him to delete it (my post).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AbyWzAuABo&fmt=37

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » April 19th, 2010, 5:02 pm

I'll do a walkthrough on mp_jumperpro_125 if none of you have started that yet.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » April 19th, 2010, 5:12 pm

By the way, can you give me the tracklisting for the spacestation tutorial please?

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » April 19th, 2010, 5:54 pm

The first one is song is called Disturbed - Decadence and the second one Breaking Benjamin - The Diary of Jane

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » April 19th, 2010, 6:43 pm

Thank you, added it to the video description. We also need track listings for the other tutorial videos, I believe.

Revolution
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Revolution » April 20th, 2010, 12:20 am

Revolution wrote:Can I help out with the walkthroughs? :D

I can make a couple of good walk throughs with some kick ass quality :D

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » April 20th, 2010, 10:34 am

Revolution wrote:
Revolution wrote:Can I help out with the walkthroughs? :D

I can make a couple of good walk throughs with some kick ass quality :D
I think this will look really bad. If we let you help, we need to let Master help aswell since he asked me like 4 times on xfire..
Then we are having 4 sorts of videos:
Zaitsev and mine's
Lancast's
Master's
and yours

I'm already having my doubts on the 2 different sort of videos because i think it will be the best if all videos are the same. Like Lancast makes a intro with his name and all (he wants fame i guess :P), uses different fonts, etc.

Anyway like i said, i'm doing this to help Codjumper and therefore i let the call up to the team. But if it gets to crazy i'm out because then i'll won't get any satisfaction to make the videos at all and then you'll have enough people to make them anyway. Don't get this the wrong way, not meant as a threat of any sort. No hard feelings if you do, just letting you know ;)

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » April 20th, 2010, 12:18 pm

Erm not to be rude or anything, I don't know what Revolution's jumping skills are, but Master is not a good jumper and he should not be allowed to do any walkthroughs, only people who actually know how to jump and can finish all the custom maps should make walkthroughs as that proves that they know how to strafe, rpg and bounce properly.

2 different type of videos is enough.

Why do people always have to copy...seriously, it's not like on this topic you said you want people to help you, 8 days after this topic was started nobody but me actually said anything about making walkthroughs with you, and now other people are doing the same, just copying. 2 different type of videos is enough.
Last edited by Lancast on April 20th, 2010, 12:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » April 20th, 2010, 1:06 pm

Lancast wrote:Why do people always have to copy...seriously, it's not like on this topic you said you want people to help you, 8 days after this topic was started nobody but me actually said anything about making walkthroughs with you, and now other people are doing the same, just copying. 2 different type of videos is enough.
I can help make some walkthroughs as well :mrgreen:.
Hoogie wrote: Anyway like i said, i'm doing this to help Codjumper and therefore i let the call up to the team. But if it gets to crazy i'm out because then i'll won't get any satisfaction to make the videos at all and then you'll have enough people to make them anyway. Don't get this the wrong way, not meant as a threat of any sort. No hard feelings if you do, just letting you know ;)
Where's the fun in this if it doesn't get too crazy ?! :p
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together."
"A still more glorious dawn awaits- not a sun rise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with four hundred billion suns: the rising of The Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: infinate
[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: u r smarter than me

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » April 20th, 2010, 1:42 pm

Tbh, Master was the first one who came to me and asked me if he could help and i said no, simple for the reason i mentioned. Different sort of videos look bad.
Lancast wrote:it's not like on this topic you said you want people to help you
Exactly but i prefer if people ask me and Zait then just go ahead and make a video like you did. That's rude. People who ask like Master, Revolution and some other guy i can't remember the name from have atleast a little respect.

It's nothing personally that i reject their offers but it's just that in my eyes it doesn't look good. If you had come and asked me i would have said no aswell.
Infinite wrote:Where's the fun in this if it doesn't get too crazy ?! :p
You know what i mean ^^

Azabael
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Azabael » April 20th, 2010, 1:56 pm

Hoogie wrote:Tbh, Master was the first one who came to me and asked me if he could help and i said no, simple for the reason i mentioned. Different sort of videos look bad.
Lancast wrote:it's not like on this topic you said you want people to help you
Exactly but i prefer if people ask me and Zait then just go ahead and make a video like you did. That's rude. People who ask like Master, Revolution and some other guy i can't remember the name from have atleast a little respect.

It's nothing personally that i reject their offers but it's just that in my eyes it doesn't look good. If you had come and asked me i would have said no aswell.
Different sort of videos does indeed look bad, if they are all published under CJ's name. Apparently you got asigned to do this job. In this case, I find it up to the CJ-board to give Hoogie some clarity. He's probably excited to do the job and is willing to learn from critics. But it's not very neat from CJ's side to allow a few others like Lancast to do the same, to check which is going to be better. First asking Hoogie to spend so much time on it, but when someone else comes along who does it a little better, you're gonna give it a go with him too? That's not how it should work, in my opinion. I agree, the main goal is to have the walkthrough at its best at the end. Then appoint some people to 'assist' Hoogie or give him some advice. Don't let Lancast also make the videos. You don't need doubles, and as mentined before, you also don't want two versions.