New Project - CoD4 Jump Map Walkthroughs!

News will be posted here by the CoDJumper team

Moderator: Core Staff

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Re: New Project - CoD4 Jump Map Walkthroughs!

Post by Lancast » April 20th, 2010, 2:14 pm

Hoogie wrote: Exactly but i prefer if people ask me and Zait then just go ahead and make a video like you did. That's rude.
Not really, if you read back >>
[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:If you make a walkthrough for Spacestation, why not simply give the demos to me ?
Lancast wrote:I like doing things by myself, would appreciate if you could tell how to hide hud and how you record demos so it seems like you're doing everything first try.
[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:Well feel free to do it yourself. But then I have to do it myself aswell.
So I did do it myself, and then I said:
Lancast wrote:Here walkthrough on mp_spacestation, the way this map is supposed to be done.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxBuEMgzydk
At the end of video I put the logo of codjumper and that text you use, so I see no reason why this couldnt go on codjumper channel.
I didn't write that I order you to put it on CJ channel, I only said that there is no reason why not to put this, whenever you will put this will be up to you, and then you said:
Hoogie wrote:
Pedsdude wrote:Looks good, I'm happy to use it unless Hoogie/Zaitsev want to do their own version.
I'm just doing this to help you guys with it. So i'll let the call up to the Codjumper team itself. Didn't watch the whole video but if you upload it i'm sure it's good.
Where Peds decided that the video did indeed fit to be on CJ's youtube.

It's not like I made it and ordered you to put it, so, no, I wasn't rude about that.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » April 20th, 2010, 2:21 pm

Simple put, my opinion is simple.

Feel free to do the jumping, the recording and the video, but please leave the extra added detail out. Do not add an intro or an outro, music can be added if you wish, do not add FPS in a corner, do not add your name in another, do not add any extra decals, etc. Just make the video.

You WILL be given credit, but we would like the videos to be uniform, this is a lot simpler to do when only one person is doing it.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » April 20th, 2010, 2:39 pm

Drofder everything you said sounds fair enough besides 1 thing, what you mean do not add fps in corner? FPS is the most important thing when making a walkthough, I guess you could only make the fps appear when you do the jump itself, but in my case on spacestation I did everything with 125 fps so I just left it there.

Azabael
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Azabael » April 20th, 2010, 2:54 pm

I think that is because every added detail must be the same in every video. So when you add the FPS in a slightly different style than Hoogie and Zaitsev, it's already different.

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » April 20th, 2010, 3:03 pm

Yes I know that's fair enough, if you look at the walkthoughs made by zaist/hoogie they do put fps in a corner, I put mine in a corner too but used some effects and different font but what drofder was saying is not to put fps detail at all where if we didn't do that, a walkthough would be as good as useless.

Azabael
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Azabael » April 20th, 2010, 3:20 pm

No, I think he was talking to you, when he asked not to put the FPS in a corner. I think he still wants FPS to be added, of course. Just not by you, as you only provide the basic for the video, which will be finished by Hoogie/Zaitsev.

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » April 20th, 2010, 3:58 pm

The idea to make all videos the same is great, indeed, however, the idea drofder proposed is terrible imo.(drofder said record and do the video as in record the demos in cod4 and then record the demos using fraps). Just re-encoding the video itself all the time will hurt it a lot.
I myself after recording, edited and rendered my video on sony vegas in wmv format and everything maxed out, so it would be 100% its original quality like from fraps, but then my outcome was about 4gb, so I converted it to mkv x264 and the final outcome was 150mb with about same quality. You wouldn't be able to edit the x264 codec unless you reconverted it again and after edit converted again. The quality will fuck itself up alot. You could convert it to some edit-able codec but the size will still be big, quality wont be as good, uploading will take time, waste of time messing around like that. If one person records, that same person should edit as it's just finishing off after putting the demos together. Maybe not many people really care about the quality or size when uploading, but recording the demos and then putting them together does take a lot of time, adding details is just finishing off which takes couple of minutes.

We could just send demos to zaist/hoogie and they would record them and then edit, but still, I don't think maybe people would like someone to edit your demos, I didn't, thats why I did everything myself.
If zaist/hoogie is happy with me making the walkthoughs with them I will continue recording and editing everything msyelf as I already have, if not just say so and I'll back down from the job, either way is fine with me.
Last edited by Lancast on April 20th, 2010, 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » April 20th, 2010, 4:04 pm

Lancast wrote:Yes I know that's fair enough, if you look at the walkthoughs made by zaist/hoogie they do put fps in a corner, I put mine in a corner too but used some effects and different font but what drofder was saying is not to put fps detail at all where if we didn't do that, a walkthough would be as good as useless.
The reason I say dont put it in, is so the person who is creating the 'uniform' will add it themself. Obviously that detail is important, I would not say remove it all together.

You are creating the pizza base and we are adding the topping. Following?

---

My idea was only a compromise. From what I understand the only objection to your video is the editing itself. So, the compromise was to still give you full credit but to edit it in the same way all the other were edited. If this is easier for to simply send the demos, then so be it, but if you want to be part of the video production then create the canvas and we will provide the paint...

There, two awesome comparisons, paint and pizza...
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » April 20th, 2010, 4:09 pm

Drofder recoding the demos using fraps and putting them together to make a video itself takes 99% of the whole job, adding the details about fps and other stuff takes minutes. It will be too complicated, even sending demo files to zaist/hoogie will be complicated as you would have to tell them what fps you used on each jump. The one who records the demos should do everything.

Azabael
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Azabael » April 20th, 2010, 4:10 pm

Lancast wrote:
We could just send demos to zaist/hoogie and they would record them and then edit, but still, I don't think maybe people would like someone to edit your demos, I didn't, thats why I did everything myself.
If zaist/hoogie is happy with me making the walkthoughs with them I will continue recording and editing everything msyelf as I already have, if not just say so and I'll back down from the job, either way is fine with me.
I'm under the impression you don't just want to help CJ by sending in your demo, but you also want to help yourself by getting game from it. You will get credit for it, whether your name is up the video or not, or you edit it yourself or not. It's not like your demo has a risk of being raped when you send it to CJ.

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » April 20th, 2010, 4:15 pm

Azabael wrote:
Lancast wrote:
I'm under the impression you don't just want to help CJ by sending in your demo, but you also want to help yourself by getting game from it. You will get credit for it, whether your name is up the video or not, or you edit it yourself or not. It's not like your demo has a risk of being raped when you send it to CJ.
The way i see it is that Lancast gives us 2 options, let him record, edit, etc himself or do it all yourself.
Forgive if i get it the wrong way but in this case i'd say Zait and i will manage.

I would like to discuss this with Zait first before i say something concrete about this tough.
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » April 20th, 2010, 4:18 pm

@Azabael
Not really, it's not about that, if I wanted to gain something from things like this I would record myself doing jumps all the time, but I never do.
Recoding demos and then rending them then sending to them will just be a waste of time, you'd have to note what fps on each jump you used, but thats not the only reason why I don't want anyone to edit my demos. No offense to zaist/hoogie, but I like videos to be done professionally, everything tidy, everything made look like 1 run, nice fonts and all, and the way they edit is not really professional. Even the demos, like at this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qmEFgOi1j4
Look at 0:41, the gloves change, but I guess they didn't want to make it look like 1 run anyway because they put the fade effect before most of the jumps. That's just their way of making a walkthough and I don't have anything against that, it's just that I have different idea of making videos, that's why I did everything myself.

______
Edit: Fair enough Hoogie, I won't be doing any further walkthoughs if you don't want me to, it's your project afterall.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » April 20th, 2010, 8:56 pm

Your lack of willingness to compromise for the reasons you stated, in my honest opinion is stupid. You get given an oppurtunity to have your video uplaoded and then you simply state our videos are 'unprofessional' because they are not seamless... in a walkthrough...

Nobody is watching these videos thinking "lol, they can't even do this in one complete run", and the minor change in gloves can be hardly considered unprofessional, its an error that almost nobody will pick up and its also an error than when picked up is shrugged off, because we are watching the jumps, not the gloves >.>

Its simple, if you want your video uplaoded follow the simple requests, if you do not want it uploaded then don't.

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » April 20th, 2010, 11:02 pm

I couldn't care less if others think that it is first try or it isn't, I couldn't care less if other say that a video looks unprofessional, shitty effects, shitty movie cfg or whatever else others might say, by now you should know that I don't give a shit about what others think. What I care about is me making my video look professional for myself.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » April 20th, 2010, 11:33 pm

Lancast wrote:I couldn't care less if others think that it is first try or it isn't, I couldn't care less if other say that a video looks unprofessional, shitty effects, shitty movie cfg or whatever else others might say, by now you should know that I don't give a shit about what others think. What I care about is me making my video look professional for myself.
But in what way is being seamless unprofessional?

I do like attention to detail, but I also do allow for a minor things such as glvoes and seamless videos for a walkthrough. If this were a jump movie then seamless is a must, but it is not...