Rotation Server #1 CoD4

Talk about anything related with the servers

Moderator: Core Staff

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: Rotation Server #1 CoD4

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » April 5th, 2010, 3:07 pm

I'm rating the jump maps on visual appearance, how natural the jumps are, diversity in jumps, difficulty of jumps, and simply is the map fun ?

MP skipper for example I rated very low. Because it's ugly as hell, and it wasn't all that challenging.

ib_glass on the other hand I rated myself 5 stars, simply because it's one of the hardest CoD4 maps so far, and the looks are unique.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » April 5th, 2010, 3:17 pm

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:I'm rating the jump maps on visual appearance, how natural the jumps are, diversity in jumps, difficulty of jumps, and simply is the map fun ?

MP skipper for example I rated very low. Because it's ugly as hell, and it wasn't all that challenging.

ib_glass on the other hand I rated myself 5 stars, simply because it's one of the hardest CoD4 maps so far, and the looks are unique.
I finished it yesterday btw ^^
You don't need a stack but the trick is at the last bounce you need to start from the first block stairs, don't go all the way up. When you all the way up the angle for the bounce isn't right anymore.
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » April 5th, 2010, 3:40 pm

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote: MP skipper for example I rated very low. Because it's ugly as hell, and it wasn't all that challenging.
The thing is, for most people skipper is fun, it does look ugly, but people enjoy it, especially because of the last most challenging jump out of all cod4 maps, the last rpg jump of skipper that is 368 units(it's the only cod4 map that has such a long rpg jump) which only 2 people I know can do within few tries but people like to keep trying, that's why it's fun.

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » April 5th, 2010, 3:48 pm

Lancast wrote:
[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote: MP skipper for example I rated very low. Because it's ugly as hell, and it wasn't all that challenging.
The thing is, for most people skipper is fun, it does look ugly, but people enjoy it, especially because of the last most challenging jump out of all cod4 maps, the last rpg jump of skipper that is 368 units(it's the only cod4 map that has such a long rpg jump) which only 2 people I know can do within few tries but people like to keep trying, that's why it's fun.
True. Maybe I appreciate it more if I play it a few more times though.

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » April 5th, 2010, 3:49 pm

KillerSam wrote:Secondly, am I the only person thinking he should just re-release the maps without the poorly tested 'cheats'? Seems silly to mod the cj mod for it.
Would be better yes.
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » April 5th, 2010, 3:53 pm

x
Last edited by Lancast on April 11th, 2010, 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » April 5th, 2010, 4:14 pm

It's not such a big deal, which of the codjumper servers actually use the codjumper redirect http://codjumper.com/servers/cod4/ ? Not many I bet, I only know codjumper#1, rest of the servers have their own redirects. So updating for codjumper#1's ftp and the redirect won't be such a big deal.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » April 5th, 2010, 4:20 pm

The map does not need to be reompiled. All that needs to be done is changing a gsc file.

I have modded your post as I do not know if Dan wants his stuff posted or not, the info I need is just the one line.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » April 5th, 2010, 4:21 pm

Lancast wrote:It's not such a big deal, which of the codjumper servers actually use the codjumper redirect http://codjumper.com/servers/cod4/ ? Not many I bet, I only know codjumper#1, rest of the servers have their own redirects. So updating for codjumper#1's ftp and the redirect won't be such a big deal.
As far as I was aware, the redirect was in use by most donated servers.
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » April 5th, 2010, 4:31 pm

Dunno, I can assume that servers that don't have custom maps uses the redirect, servers with custom uses their own mod and redirect.
The only server that does use codjumper redirect and has custom is cj#6 but they use
http://codjumper.com/servers/cod4/mods/codjumperbeta-/
where cj#1 uses
http://codjumper.com/servers/cod4/mods/codjumperbeta/

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » April 5th, 2010, 9:09 pm

Isn't it possible for you, drofder, to change the .gsc file?

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » April 6th, 2010, 12:29 am

Hoogie wrote:Isn't it possible for you, drofder, to change the .gsc file?
I havent looked yet, but that was pretty much my intention.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » April 6th, 2010, 12:06 pm

Lancast wrote:Dunno, I can assume that servers that don't have custom maps uses the redirect, servers with custom uses their own mod and redirect.
The only server that does use codjumper redirect and has custom is cj#6 but they use
http://codjumper.com/servers/cod4/mods/codjumperbeta-/
where cj#1 uses
http://codjumper.com/servers/cod4/mods/codjumperbeta/
#6 used to use that but they don't anymore (I've kept it up in case they change their mind because I don't want to reupload everything again!).

#1 is the only server that uses our HTTP redirect AFAIK.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » April 7th, 2010, 2:44 pm

set sv_mapRotation "gametype cj map mp_peds_propel gametype cj map mp_cleopatra gametype cj map mp_ib_glass gametype cj map mp_rocket gametype cj map mp_trial_2 gametype cj map mp_codjumper_training gametype cj map mp_dungeon gametype cj map mp_skipper gametype cj map mp_vs_gaps_v4 gametype cj map mp_jump_team_2 gametype cj map mp_trial gametype cj map mp_badboys gametype cj map mp_ib_hq gametype cj map mp_easy_jump gametype cj map mp_jump_camp"

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » April 7th, 2010, 4:36 pm

Nice selection of maps. I like most of them.