Discussion for other PC and console games

Moderator: Core Staff

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Aliens vs Predator 3

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » February 19th, 2010, 4:50 pm

Anyone else getting this ?

I pre-ordered this on Steam mainly to play the SP campaign (I love everything Alien and Predator related :P) and I hope that the MP is fun. I personally enjoyed the demo. Think I just like the feeling of something creeping up to me as a Marine and then shooting the crap out of the Aliens :)

SP wise the previous 2 games were really awesome. I only played MP on AvP2 and that was really great aswell although I have no clue how balanced it was.

Just to prepare for this game I've watched both Predator movies, all Aliens movies and the AvP movies again (Although those are kinda meh). New Predator movie coming out in 2010 aswell:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predators_%28film%29

Can't wait till tomorrow!
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: Aliens vs Predator 3

Post by Hoogie » February 19th, 2010, 5:08 pm

Didn't even know this was comming :P
But not my type of game.
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

Azabael
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Azabael » February 19th, 2010, 6:01 pm

Not my type either. I'm not so keen on Science Fiction.

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » February 19th, 2010, 6:02 pm

It's more Horror. I like games like Doom and FEAR aswell.

But it's not really horror if you play as an Alien or a Predator. As a Marine you really have the feeling that someone is after you.

Azabael
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Azabael » February 19th, 2010, 6:09 pm

From your link:

Predators is an upcoming 2010 science fiction, action and horror film directed by Nimród Antal

And uhm.. Aliens? Predators? That's more than enough SF for me.

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » February 19th, 2010, 6:41 pm

Judging by the current reviews and scores I won't be getting it.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » February 19th, 2010, 7:12 pm

Soviet wrote:Judging by the current reviews and scores I won't be getting it.

I read them all and you make it sound as if they are really terrible. But far from it.

From what I can gather the graphics aren't as good as they can be (But the demo looked good). The SP is short (This kinda sucks, but doesn't mean the SP experience itself is crap) and that the AI isn't the smartest.

Now I read some things that the Nightmare difficulty (The hardest one) is a bitch to complete so I guess I'll start on the hardest difficulty :roll:

They did add some really interesting gamemodes and I quote:
Survival Mode Infestation is a new take to the classic zombie mode. Instead of facing off with one shambling zombie that slowly overwhelms your team as more and more players drop there's one fast moving and lethal alien. 17 marine players face off against a Xenomorph and if that Xenomorph scores a kill, more players join it's rank. What makes this, in my opinion, interesting than most games "Zombie" modes is that the Xenomorphs are extremely fast, aggressive, and can pop out of anywhere. This makes the fight for survival and to be the last man standing increasingly more difficult as more of your friends join their rank. Predator Hunt is another interesting take on the classic known as Juggernaut. If a marine scores a kill on the Predator he becomes the next Predator. What makes it different is that the Predator can cloak, has highly advanced weapons, and a good well placed mind can take out most of the marine team. Even more, he has a plasma shoulder canon that can score multiple kills at one, the classic combi stick that many players simply don't see coming and much more.

Predator vs Alien vs Marine MP in itself is unique. Name a game with 3 different factions. Now I hope that it's actually balanced. In the demo I could top the scores if I tried with a Marine and an Alien (Alien was really hard to control in MP due to wall climbing) but I heared that they made some changes to the Alien, including dropping from a ceiling back on your feet, something I missed the first few minutes I started playing as an Alien. Predator doesn't really appeal much to me, but it's without a doubt the most awesome class and you would be a beast if you master a Predator. I just believe the Predator gameplay is too slow and reminds me too much of a rogue/spy kind of class like in TF2, something I don't like. Marines have some kind of motion tracker as seen in Aliens, Aliens themselves can see through walls and spot their enemies and Predators can equip different visions.

matt101harris
PC Team
PC Team

Post by matt101harris » February 19th, 2010, 7:33 pm

Saw this on a advert yesterday, looks so good, (but i don't think is wil be a good pc game imo).
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: put your cock away, you sick man
Matty@CoDJumper.com: hahaha
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: (while i whip mine out)
Matty@CoDJumper.com: lol
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: just kidding
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: ... i don't have one :(

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » February 19th, 2010, 8:33 pm

Actually console versions are getting lower scores than the PC because the controllers can't handle the Alien and Predator's moves.

Zait, I understand the reviews may have positive aspects and that scores don't mean everything, however I'm not about to go blow $50 on a game that is getting 70's and below. It may be different for you since you appreciate the Alien vs Predator universe so much, but for me it just isn't practical.
ImageImageImage

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » February 19th, 2010, 10:18 pm

haha, I can sooo understand controllers are crazy hard to use an an Alien :P

It's hard enough with a mouse and keyboard already. Fuck consoles!

And yes, I love the series :P

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » February 23rd, 2010, 4:33 pm

Just finished the SP campaigns.

I dunno where some people are getting it from but the graphics are amazing. I'm playing on medium settings (If I play on high graphics I lag in open areas) and extra is too much, even indoors.

And already on medium graphics settings it looks absolutely amazing.

The SP campaigns aren't that short either. The Marine missions are a bit like Doom. Very dark, and every time you hear the little beep on your heartbeat monitor you're looking all around you. Playing ot on Nightmare now which has no continues (So if you die, you gotta completely restart the mission you're on) and it's a true bitch. If you aim to finish it on the highest difficulty setting just compare it to CoD veteran difficulty (Which is actually easy compared to Nightmare, lol).

Predator and alien missions are all about stealth, picking your enemies off 1 by 1. Doesn't work with Aliens though, they can see through stealth and attack in waves.

Alien missions are more about finding your way through shafts and whatnot else, and is also about stealth.

The AI is indeed not that clever.

The finishing moves and stealth moves are absolutely brutal. The first time I've seen some I was like holy shit! There are only movies from MP on youtube as far as I can see, but it looks a lot better in SP.

Predator for example picks someone from behind and slits his throat with his blade. Another one is that he thrusts his blade through the back and you see the blades coming out of the chest.

Aliens do the same but with their tail, piercing right through them. They can also chop off heads with their tails and ofcourse the populair headbite :D

The MP is still lacking though. Waiting for dedicated servers atm since the match making sucks. But the gamemodes in itself are ok.

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » February 23rd, 2010, 8:27 pm

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:Predator for example picks someone from behind and slits his throat with his blade. Another one is that he thrusts his blade through the back and you see the blades coming out of the chest.
Sounds bit like Assassin Creed, hated that, just pushing some random buttons and he does a awesome combo.
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » February 23rd, 2010, 11:21 pm

It's a stealth kill or a 'trophy kill' for a Predator. It's when you sneak behind someone and press a button. It's really difficult because all Marines are equipped with a heartbeat monitor.

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » February 23rd, 2010, 11:36 pm

Really? In the demo 95% of my kills were stealth kills on Marines as an Alien.
ImageImageImage

matt101harris
PC Team
PC Team

Post by matt101harris » February 24th, 2010, 12:41 am

So worth getting? Maybe there is a download somewhere :P If not, ill buy it tomorrow.
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: put your cock away, you sick man
Matty@CoDJumper.com: hahaha
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: (while i whip mine out)
Matty@CoDJumper.com: lol
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: just kidding
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: ... i don't have one :(