Medal of Honor 2010

Discussion for other PC and console games

Moderator: Core Staff

TechPB
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Re: Medal of Honor 2010

Post by TechPB » July 6th, 2010, 7:02 pm

Saw a review, Basically it's a crappier version of BFBC2, a lot of the animations are exactly the same as BFBC2. But i'm not making a decision until i play it, if i play it....

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » July 6th, 2010, 10:37 pm

Got key finally, will play in a mo and review.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » July 6th, 2010, 11:54 pm

I think we need to restart this FPS era, reset it and simply use the standard Quake engine with some updated graphics.

FPs games no longer flow as freely as they used to, lets hope "Respawn" have something up their sleeve because this is another failure and CoD:BO is not looking promising either.

Crock of shit, preorder cancelled :/
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » July 7th, 2010, 2:22 am

Aye, it feels so slow paced and nothing like the free-flowing nature of CoD4. I wouldn't pay much more than £15/20 for this, if at all.

It also looked crap for jumping :(

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » July 9th, 2010, 4:58 am

Drofder2004 wrote:I think we need to restart this FPS era, reset it and simply use the standard Quake engine with some updated graphics.

FPs games no longer flow as freely as they used to, lets hope "Respawn" have something up their sleeve because this is another failure and CoD:BO is not looking promising either.

Crock of shit, preorder cancelled :/
Pedsdude wrote:Aye, it feels so slow paced and nothing like the free-flowing nature of CoD4. I wouldn't pay much more than £15/20 for this, if at all.

It also looked crap for jumping :(
I agree on both of these :P . Due to boredom, I actually redownloaded TF2 after hearing about the new Engineering update, and played it and actually enjoyed it. On most of the newer games, if I play them, I just rage half of the time due to BS glitches/lag/unbalanced <insert game mechanic here>.

We could use either a ground-breaking game which would change the way that people look at games for the better, or a return to the old style FPS games with updated graphics (Q3, some of the earlier CoDs, and a few others which I can't think of atm).
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together."
"A still more glorious dawn awaits- not a sun rise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with four hundred billion suns: the rising of The Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: infinate
[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: u r smarter than me

Azabael
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Azabael » July 9th, 2010, 9:41 am

Infinite wrote: On most of the newer games, if I play them, I just rage half of the time due to BS glitches/lag/unbalanced <insert game mechanic here>.
I recognize your problem. It's what most WoW-players experience. Before you've ever played WoW, other mmorpgs cán be good. Though, once you've decently played WoW and know its value, all other mmos will not be satisfying and rather boring.

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » July 9th, 2010, 10:18 am

UT99 > Instagib

The only real game where skill is the factor to winning or losing. One hit one kill weapons, everybody is exactly the same. You've gotta combine perfect movement to great aim otherwise you're getting shot. The maps are simple in lay-out, but camping is impossible. Stand still for one second and you get killed by a good player.

Man I miss the awesomeness of that game.

Games like CoD are still awesome, but there's lately so many hiding places it's no longer about skill, it's about who sees you first. In UT it's almost impossible not to see eachother, unless you manage to come behind one.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

ultralala
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!
Steam: ultralala

Post by ultralala » July 9th, 2010, 10:56 am

i loved the instagib mode in quake live when the beta comes out. I pwnt everybody and thought i have some skill, but after a couple of days the pros/hackers joined it and i sucked :D Like Zaity said camping is impossiblew but i also got killed when i bunnyhop^^
I've been watching you
A lalalala long
A lalalala long long lee long long long

Brody
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Brody » July 16th, 2010, 1:47 pm

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote: Games like CoD are still awesome, but there's lately so many hiding places it's no longer about skill, it's about who sees you first.
Maps like Dawnville, Carentan and Harbor (and few others probably which don't pop to mind at the moment.) are simple and still fun to play. Just 3 ways to go (Left -, middle - and right path.) with just a few simple hiding places.
They should go back to somewhat that formation. :)
Not all because then all maps would be monotonous.

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » July 17th, 2010, 12:00 am

Exactly, that's what I always say aswell. Now compare that to Outskirts :D

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » October 30th, 2010, 1:55 pm

I also finished the SP, it was pretty awesome but not as good as the MW2 SP.

I also completed it on Hard and it was surprisingly easy :P The only part which was tricky was with the 4 Rangers and I really liked the Apache mission.