Discussion for other PC and console games

Moderator: Core Staff

Coontang
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Post by Coontang » November 2nd, 2009, 6:01 pm

Doesn't look like this is going to be much to do with codjumper :mrgreen:

anyone looking forward to it? Someone i know used a bootdisc to play it online and he says its awesome.
JDogg: 'I have a video of me pissing, wanna see?'

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Post by Drofder2004 » November 2nd, 2009, 10:44 pm

I look forward to downloading it and playing the singleplayer... that is all.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

helium
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by helium » November 2nd, 2009, 11:23 pm

Hey guys :)

Well, MW2 is getting closer and I'm wondering if you guys will play this and what if CJ will be active in that game. I haven't been around for a while but I'm pretty certain you know the concequences of the no dedicated servers etc and I personally think it's a damn shame, BUT I have hope that there will be some kind of work-around for this. I mean, we are PC!

I pre-ordered it but will probably download it any day now before the release to test it etc. There are some juicy videos on the Internet about elevator glitch so it definately has not been removed (not surprised).

Peace

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » November 2nd, 2009, 11:53 pm

I signed the petition, but I am itching to do buy it. Just to look for jumps and to keep the site updated. If I cba. Time will tell.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

$uicide!
CJ Donator
CJ Donator

Post by $uicide! » November 3rd, 2009, 12:54 am

Why cant they just keep the damn game normal :x

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » November 3rd, 2009, 12:58 am

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:I signed the petition, but I am itching to do buy it. Just to look for jumps and to keep the site updated. If I cba. Time will tell.
I will almost guarantee a work-around will be made to allow access to the MP maps without going online.

Maybe a slight tweak to redirect all traffic out of the game and bounced back, making the game think you are connected, but are not...
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » November 3rd, 2009, 1:45 am

KillerSam wrote:
[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:I signed the petition, but I am itching to do buy it. Just to look for jumps and to keep the site updated. If I cba. Time will tell.
I'd rather CJ died than you purchased that game.
I feel that way 100%. I remember when the no dedicated servers no mods thing was announced, everyone was saying they weren't going to buy it and I was happy. Now, I'm seeing just the opposite. Everyone is stepping forward saying that there is a good chance they'll buy it.

I can't even begin to express how much this pisses me off. It's obvious where this is going. First one piece of shit company like IW doesn't include dedicated servers, next a few more console ports decide not to. Before you know it the market will be swarmed with unmoddable, no dedicated server games. Eventually, just about every game company will be following the same standards. I would much rather see CJ die than anyone buy this as well. I love codjumper.com, but I love gaming more. Please, for the sake of gaming, modding, indie games, individuality, and anything else you hold dear in gaming do not buy this game. It is a tribute to everything that is wrong with gaming currently, made 1000 times worse.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » November 4th, 2009, 1:29 am

KillerSam wrote:I'd go as far as sabotaging the site to ensure that MW2 files aren't hosted here on PC, as that would only encourage people to buy the game.
Over my dead body!

I'm not buying the game unless I hear positive feedback from it, and/or the dedi server issues are resolved in some way, but I still think CJ should expand to MW2 as we planned to before the news.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » November 4th, 2009, 3:42 am

Pedsdude wrote:I'm not buying the game unless I hear positive feedback from it, and/or the dedi server issues are resolved in some way, but I still think CJ should expand to MW2 as we planned to before the news.
1. 'or' is not a fucking option
2. I do not support this move.

ultralala
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!
Steam: ultralala

Post by ultralala » November 4th, 2009, 6:09 am

I've been watching you
A lalalala long
A lalalala long long lee long long long

JDogg
Too cool for CoDJumper
Too cool for CoDJumper

Post by JDogg » November 4th, 2009, 6:29 am

SP is awesome, split screen MP is ok, few good maps.

helium
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by helium » November 4th, 2009, 7:34 am

Apparently there was a live chat with the IW staff last night, and the text below is taken from a thread on IW forum by someone summarizing the chat.

- We will NOT have a game-console (where you type commands to change detailed gfx, serverbased commands, etc)
- They are unsure whether there will be Custom maps and Mod tools for us
- They are unsure whether there will be dedicated servers in the future
- They would _love_ to support the competitive leagues and want to work something out with them once the game is launched
- They stated that the purposed of IWnet had nothing to do with money-profit. In fact, they said they would lose money on it (it costs A LOT to hold up a huge server like IWnet so it's pretty logical I guess... This makes IW to just simple bastards instead of moneygreedy pieces of sh*ts.)

matt101harris
PC Team
PC Team

Post by matt101harris » November 4th, 2009, 5:03 pm

I couldnt wait for mw2 i kept thinking of going to the shops ad midnight and buying it when it is fist out, i am now thinking ofnot buying it lolI may download it (which btw if any1 gets a ba/pirate download pleasesend me :D) But may not buy :S
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: put your cock away, you sick man
Matty@CoDJumper.com: hahaha
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: (while i whip mine out)
Matty@CoDJumper.com: lol
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: just kidding
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: ... i don't have one :(

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » November 4th, 2009, 5:10 pm

KillerSam wrote:If a mw2 file goes on this site, I will be distancing myself from this site and publically flaming it / bringing it down.
Why don't you just leave now then ?

MW2 will have jumps, there will be videos. Unlike CoD5 the maps are apparently not as clipped. We can't record demos, but we can fraps it and make jump movies.

I don't like all this shit either, but what's the point in staying without making movies for Call of Duty ? Since that is what this is all about, finding jumps, and show them to the public.

I'm just waiting till the release date and waiting for reports, see how the game is. SP will be good without a doubt, but who really cares about that ? It's just cool for one playthrough or for fanatics like me to finish it on hardest difficulty and find all collectibles. But yes, I want to change my settings the way I like. If I wanted to play this game on the console I would've bought a PS/xbox instead of a Wii.

Will see if making movies is possible with a cracked version although I doubt it. How could anyone play MP with a cracked version ?
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

ultralala
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!
Steam: ultralala

Post by ultralala » November 4th, 2009, 5:55 pm

Without console u cant change fps. Hope +exec *.cfg will work but doubt that
Last edited by ultralala on November 4th, 2009, 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've been watching you
A lalalala long
A lalalala long long lee long long long