matt101harris
PC Team
PC Team

Re: mapMonkeys Help Test Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Beta

Post by matt101harris » September 15th, 2009, 8:17 pm

lol those map monkeys r a weird looking bunch of people :D
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: put your cock away, you sick man
Matty@CoDJumper.com: hahaha
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: (while i whip mine out)
Matty@CoDJumper.com: lol
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: just kidding
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: ... i don't have one :(

matt101harris
PC Team
PC Team

Post by matt101harris » September 15th, 2009, 8:21 pm

u want me to comment on their facebook and say something about codjumper? :D
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: put your cock away, you sick man
Matty@CoDJumper.com: hahaha
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: (while i whip mine out)
Matty@CoDJumper.com: lol
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: just kidding
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: ... i don't have one :(

aicaramba
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by aicaramba » September 15th, 2009, 8:26 pm

Thats lame.. But I wouldnt be too worried they find a lot of jumps... If they only have 3 days of jumping with 2 guys.. Then they probably wont even find 10% of whats possible. Even if the entire codjumper community would be searching for days, many jumps will be left untouched, it simply takes more time than that.
P.S.V. Kampioen!

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » September 15th, 2009, 8:39 pm

Gagarin wrote:http://modernwarfare247.com/news/infini ... tudio-tour

lucky mapmonkeys guys :( :(

one of the first things I read from there:
The mapMonkeys crew are pro-glitchers
:lol: Couldn't help myself from laughing irl.
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together."
"A still more glorious dawn awaits- not a sun rise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with four hundred billion suns: the rising of The Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: infinate
[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: u r smarter than me

aicaramba

Post by aicaramba » September 15th, 2009, 8:41 pm

Thats probably the main reason they got picked.. So IW can say they hired 'pro-jumpers' instead of us..
P.S.V. Kampioen!

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » September 15th, 2009, 8:50 pm

They haven't really looked at some of our videos have they :P
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

aicaramba

Post by aicaramba » September 15th, 2009, 8:58 pm

But we dont earn money doing them... They do, thats the difference.
Its stupid to let them test the game on console and not on pc, even IW should realise that.
P.S.V. Kampioen!

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » September 15th, 2009, 9:52 pm

KillerSam wrote:
matt101harris wrote:u want me to comment on their facebook and say something about codjumper? :D
It would be a terrible idea to do that in my opinion
Indeed, no need to shit on their parade just because we're jealous :P I'm pleased for them and would like to think that had it been the other way round they would be pleased for us and not bitching and posting about how they think they're better than us.
aicaramba wrote:But we dont earn money doing them... They do, thats the difference.
Its stupid to let them test the game on console and not on pc, even IW should realise that.
Oh right, I didn't know it console they tested it on. I look forward to seeing what jumps are available which they may have missed for not being able to jump so far.

The money thing isn't the difference at all. I don't think that would have made any difference in terms of them recruiting people to test. As Drofder suggested, the fact that they're based in the US was probably one of the main deciding factors (cheaper to send them to LA than some of our best jumpers from Europe). Also, they had experience from beta testing WaW for Treyarch, so I would imagine it was probably easier to get people who have previous testing experience.

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » September 15th, 2009, 10:17 pm

Pedsdude wrote:
KillerSam wrote:
matt101harris wrote:u want me to comment on their facebook and say something about codjumper? :D
It would be a terrible idea to do that in my opinion
Indeed, no need to shit on their parade just because we're jealous :P I'm pleased for them and would like to think that had it been the other way round they would be pleased for us and not bitching and posting about how they think they're better than us..
Personally, it's not that I think we're better... it's that I think they're worse. Charging money to watch a video of a game which they do not own is blasphemy. Not to mention that (somewhere in this thread?) I've heard that they steal videos and charge money for them. It's just an unspeakable crime to me, but that's just how I see it. It's good that IW actually brought in people that will help them to make MW2 a better game, but what I disagree with is their choice of whom to bring in (even if they've had past experience with beta testing, which is a +). I'm not specifically pointing out anybody in CJ that should've been chosen, but I would've liked to have seen a better group to have gone.
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together."
"A still more glorious dawn awaits- not a sun rise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with four hundred billion suns: the rising of The Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: infinate
[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: u r smarter than me

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » September 15th, 2009, 10:29 pm

Think of it like this...

When the game gets released and we find sick jumps, imagine what they would be thinking then ;)
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

aicaramba

Post by aicaramba » September 15th, 2009, 10:32 pm

I dont think its the sick jumps theyre worried about.. I think its the easy glitch jumps, that can easily be done in pub servers.
P.S.V. Kampioen!

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » September 15th, 2009, 10:33 pm

Infinite wrote:Personally, it's not that I think we're better... it's that I think they're worse. Charging money to watch a video of a game which they do not own is blasphemy. Not to mention that (somewhere in this thread?) I've heard that they steal videos and charge money for them. It's just an unspeakable crime to me, but that's just how I see it. It's good that IW actually brought in people that will help them to make MW2 a better game, but what I disagree with is their choice of whom to bring in (even if they've had past experience with beta testing, which is a +). I'm not specifically pointing out anybody in CJ that should've been chosen, but I would've liked to have seen a better group to have gone.
The fact is they are actually bigger, but there is a good reason for it.
You require a membership to watch videos (free for some videos, pay for others). they are also a console only site to my knowledge, at the very least their audience is console only.

Charging money for the videos is illegal, charging money to have access to watch the video is not. And you are right, it would be as bad as CoDJumper charging people to download the mod (or legally, charging money for the time/effort of developing the mod).

mM beta tested WaW, but if they call that experience, then ours is far passed it.
Treyarch mappers are renowned for their clipping, so finding spots is not going to happen.

I personally would've loved to go, but my 'jumping' days are far gone, I am as much as slightly above average, but if 402 (like he did for Modern Warfare), came to me and asked for who I would recommend for beta testing, I can point out several individuals that I think are worthy of it.

Sadly, I think it all fell through when I received emails about new state laws and reductions of working permits available at the time that they were 'working on sorting out', that was possibly the last emails I received.

Also, it is basically an opinion (which may as well be fact) that IW and Activision are pressing console games and ignoring us PC Gamers.

I think we need to start stamping our names and logos all over stuff and present IW with a package simply entitled "What they missed."
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » September 15th, 2009, 11:53 pm

Infinite wrote:Personally, it's not that I think we're better... it's that I think they're worse. Charging money to watch a video of a game which they do not own is blasphemy. Not to mention that (somewhere in this thread?) I've heard that they steal videos and charge money for them. It's just an unspeakable crime to me, but that's just how I see it. It's good that IW actually brought in people that will help them to make MW2 a better game, but what I disagree with is their choice of whom to bring in (even if they've had past experience with beta testing, which is a +).
Put yourself in IW's shoes, though - they're not going to care about the ethics of the group they choose. All they're care about is bottom-line profits, and in order to get higher profits they're gonna cut costs directly (get people from the US) and indirectly (get people who are more familiar with beta testing games).
Drofder2004 wrote:I think we need to start stamping our names and logos all over stuff and present IW with a package simply entitled "What they missed."
Indeed, we need to emphasise what we already know - we're the biggest CoD jumping community, and that they're probably better off chosing us in future if they want to remove exploitative jumps from the game before release.

I could be wrong though, it could turn out that mM have done a very good job at finding jumps to remove from the game, but then again we'll never know having not beta tested it ourselves.

Innkeeper
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Innkeeper » September 16th, 2009, 12:44 am

I'm sure that this community has US jumpers as well though... I hail directly from San Francisco and there are definitely others that are somewhere in the US.