General chat area for anything whatsoever

Moderator: Core Staff

ultralala
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!
Steam: ultralala

Re: mapMonkeys Help Test Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Beta

Post by ultralala » September 17th, 2009, 7:47 pm

Math is kind of art which humans probably never can understand completly bec our braincapacity is limited .Math is also very impressive even u cant resolve arithmetical problems. At least everybody know that 1+1=2. We know that bec we are the product of this logical universe. We cant have another opinion.
Probably logic end with quantum physics but if u break the mental barrier u can see its also a beauty logic thing.
Cant describe my feeling better ^^
I've been watching you
A lalalala long
A lalalala long long lee long long long

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » September 17th, 2009, 8:04 pm

I find maths quite easy, and sure enough I'm not very good at english, tends to be that people that are good at marths arnt so good at english I guess.

But yeah I dunno what "high level" maths is, I got A* in Gcse A(cant get A*) in additional maths and finding A level maths pretty easy so :D

Also why are we talking about Maths now..?
-

matt101harris
PC Team
PC Team

Post by matt101harris » September 17th, 2009, 8:27 pm

madnesslink5 wrote:I find maths quite easy, and sure enough I'm not very good at english, tends to be that people that are good at marths arnt so good at english I guess.

But yeah I dunno what "high level" maths is, I got A* in Gcse A(cant get A*) in additional maths and finding A level maths pretty easy so :D

Also why are we talking about Maths now..?
lol try telling that to most of the cj members :D. I bet there pretty much just as good at 1 as he other :D
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: put your cock away, you sick man
Matty@CoDJumper.com: hahaha
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: (while i whip mine out)
Matty@CoDJumper.com: lol
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: just kidding
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: ... i don't have one :(

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » September 17th, 2009, 8:40 pm

Math is full of awesomeness, and I fill in the trend that's going on in this thread (I suck at English and am good at Math, Physics, and the such). In specific, I'm liking Physics so far. I decided to try out Physics by taking AP Physics B, which is a college course class (I'm only a junior in high school), and I find it very interesting and easy for me so far. So far, I have a 96 in it, without the 10 points added to my grade (By taking an AP class, you get an extra 10 points because they are the most vigorous courses in which you can take in high school), and I have the top score in my class, not to mention that I find it very fun and interesting. As for Math, I'm also very highly ranked in my school (of 3.5k people). Out of everyone in my class (juniors), I scored higher than 98% of them (meaning I was in the top 20 of about 875 people) on a PSAT which everyone was required to take. Math is another subject which I've found easy, but I've never pursued it because I am not interested in it. I also tried to take the highest level math class I was in, but it was too full for me to take, so I had to take a lower level :(. I know this is a British based community, and I cannot compare anything from the USA to your system, but I thought I'd mention it because math was brought up :S.

Ultralala wrote:Math is kind of art which humans probably never can understand completly bec our braincapacity is limited .Math is also very impressive even u cant resolve arithmetical problems. At least everybody know that 1+1=2. We know that bec we are the product of this logical universe. We cant have another opinion.
Probably logic end with quantum physics but if u break the mental barrier u can see its also a beauty logic thing.
Cant describe my feeling better ^^
That was fairly pointless to specifically state that humans will never understand math completely. If you want to limit our brain capacity, we can never understand ANYTHING completely. There are other flaws in your feelings, but that's just my feelings towards your feelings D:.
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together."
"A still more glorious dawn awaits- not a sun rise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with four hundred billion suns: the rising of The Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: infinate
[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: u r smarter than me

BlueDamselfly
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by BlueDamselfly » September 17th, 2009, 9:35 pm

I totaly disagree with most of you,

Being good in math is far away from involving being bad in your first language, whatever it is.

My first argument would go as, in Quebec, we do also have some higher math classes, which, also require you certain grades, to be authorised to participate in them, and yes, I am currently doing those. I'll admit I do however suck in my first language class, although, the best student of our higher math class, is also the best into her first language class.

This is easily explainable, considering being allowed to learn those math, and to easily succeed in them, will require you to work pretty hard, while most of people, will simply be very lazy, and do not do any homework, therefore, they'll both fail in their current lower graded math, and often in their first language class. While, the few students currently learning their higher graded math, will work hard, and succeed easily, pretty much everywhere, which include their first language class.
Codjumper.com's Youtube! - For all your CoDJumping needs!
[18:43] The President: plus i'm downloading a map called <will obviously not quote that>
[18:43] The President: how gay is that
[18:43] Damselflies<3MyDog: almost as much as matty
[18:43] The President: nah not that much
[18:44] Damselflies<3MyDog: rofl

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » September 17th, 2009, 9:42 pm

BlueDamselfly wrote:I totaly disagree with most of you,

Being good in math is far away from involving being bad in your first language, whatever it is.

My first argument would go as, in Quebec, we do also have some higher math classes, which, also require you certain grades, to be authorised to participate in them, and yes, I am currently doing those. I'll admit I do however suck in my first language class, although, the best student of our higher math class, is also the best into her first language class.

This is easily explainable, considering being allowed to learn those math, and to easily succeed in them, will require you to work pretty hard, while most of people, will simply be very lazy, and do not do any homework, therefore, they'll both fail in their current lower graded math, and often in their first language class. While, the few students currently learning their higher graded math, will work hard, and succeed easily, pretty much everywhere, which include their first language class.
So, you just said that if you are lazy and don't do good in math, then you will not do good in your 1st language class, and if you are good and hardworking in math, then you will do good in your 1st language class. That still does not explain how people can be good in math, and suck at their first language (like me). I'm extremely lazy and rarely do homework or study (I plan on changing that his year, being that I'm becoming more mature and coming to a realization), yet I do extremely well in Math and Physics, and horrible in in my first language class.
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together."
"A still more glorious dawn awaits- not a sun rise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with four hundred billion suns: the rising of The Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

waywaaaard
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by waywaaaard » September 17th, 2009, 10:20 pm

matt101harris wrote:
KillerSam wrote:lol ohms law + trig is year 9-10 stuff? (14-15year olds?)
well ok slightly more advance ohms law and what not. Have u ever done proper electrics? like at college? Like level 2 and level 3? Then tbh I don't think you would no what its all about. Tbh is pretty hard :P
Electrics? Like Fourier Transformations? Analog-digital converters?

Ah I see there a problem between the school system when we are talking about that and university stuff is here a lot different than school classes. It's more theoretical and a lot more proofs and theorems.

Ever discussed the RSA in maths and it's mathematical elements? (I have a little problem to describe those things in English 'cause they aren't so easy translatable)
THAT HANDS WERE NOT TRACED!
visit my blog: Link
Soviet wrote:Yeah, watch out, Peds will hit you with his +5 D-Battleaxe of homosexuality :roll:

matt101harris
PC Team
PC Team

Post by matt101harris » September 18th, 2009, 6:59 am

electrics as in becoming an electrition... Doing a job with your hands, no sitting in a office all day doing shit all.Thats the kind of electrics i mean. College stuff.

matt101harris
PC Team
PC Team

Post by matt101harris » September 18th, 2009, 6:38 pm

KillerSam wrote:
matt101harris wrote:electrics as in becoming an electrition... Doing a job with your hands, no sitting in a office all day doing shit all.Thats the kind of electrics i mean. College stuff.
See we were all thinking of the physics side there, the theory behind electronics e.t.c
yer the first year was 50 % theory and 50% practical. That was pretty gay, this year is 100% theory :S

TheOnlineAddict
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by TheOnlineAddict » September 18th, 2009, 8:21 pm

Dont sparky's get decent pay matty? Someone always needs an electrician, and from what I've heard, the pay is quite good. Plumber's get paid more though. :mrgreen: Be one of them instead, less chance of being fried.

matt101harris
PC Team
PC Team

Post by matt101harris » September 18th, 2009, 8:26 pm

TheOnlineAddict wrote:Dont sparky's get decent pay matty? Someone always needs an electrician, and from what I've heard, the pay is quite good. Plumber's get paid more though. :mrgreen: Be one of them instead, less chance of being fried.
no man other way round :D. The average earning r lower in plumbing than in elecrtics :P. And there is just as much work aswell. But its prety hard to find aprenterships atm :<

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » September 18th, 2009, 9:18 pm

matt101harris wrote:
TheOnlineAddict wrote:Dont sparky's get decent pay matty? Someone always needs an electrician, and from what I've heard, the pay is quite good. Plumber's get paid more though. :mrgreen: Be one of them instead, less chance of being fried.
no man other way round :D. The average earning r lower in plumbing than in electrics :P. And there is just as much work as well. But its pretty hard to find apprenticeship atm :<
You know, there is an auto-correct function on this website (or maybe it's just firefox :S) and you can right click on words which are underlined in red to fix the spelling. (fixed everything in the quote)

waywaaaard
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by waywaaaard » September 18th, 2009, 9:36 pm

it's FireFox and you can even install multiple dictionaries
THAT HANDS WERE NOT TRACED!
visit my blog: Link
Soviet wrote:Yeah, watch out, Peds will hit you with his +5 D-Battleaxe of homosexuality :roll:

BlueDamselfly
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by BlueDamselfly » September 18th, 2009, 10:01 pm

Infinite wrote:
matt101harris wrote:
no man other way round :D. The average earning r lower in plumbing than in electrics :P. And there is just as much work as well. But its pretty hard to find apprenticeship atm :<
You know, there is an auto-correct function on this website (or maybe it's just firefox :S) and you can right click on words which are underlined in red to fix the spelling. (fixed everything in the quote)
What does "r" mean? :P
Codjumper.com's Youtube! - For all your CoDJumping needs!
[18:43] The President: plus i'm downloading a map called <will obviously not quote that>
[18:43] The President: how gay is that
[18:43] Damselflies<3MyDog: almost as much as matty
[18:43] The President: nah not that much
[18:44] Damselflies<3MyDog: rofl

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » September 18th, 2009, 10:27 pm

BlueDamselfly wrote: What does "r" mean? :P
r = are. Guess I didn't fix everything in that quote D: . I only looked at it for a second tho xD.