CoDMP.exe error Please help!

Have a question you need to ask? Need help? Ask here!

Moderator: Core Staff

R4Z
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

CoDMP.exe error Please help!

Post by R4Z » February 13th, 2005, 7:19 pm

Please Please Please Help Me! iv had this problem for ages i dont have a clue whats caused it. Its making me go insane it happens every ten minutes during gameplay which i thinks just taking the piss to be honest. It only happens on multiplayer and comes up with this messgae that iv attatched. Iv got a radeon 9800 pro and i think this could be possibly overheating it and causeing it to crash could this be it? I just dont see why single player doesn't crash but multiplayer does . Any help would be very much appreciated as iv had this problem for whats coming u to about 4 month and its making me go mental as i can t play my favorite game. PLEASE HELP! my specs are
Radeon 9800 pro 128mb
Athlon XP 2600+
2.08ghz
512mb of ram

http://forums.filefront.com/attachment. ... ntid=27088

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » February 13th, 2005, 7:56 pm

If there is anyone who can help you it's Peds and/or wocoom... I can't help you :(
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » February 13th, 2005, 10:29 pm

Absolutely no idea whatsoever. Try contacting Infinity Ward / Activision and asking them as they should know what the problem is.

X-Ray
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

No more prob.!

Post by X-Ray » May 1st, 2005, 6:18 pm

i dont know if u have got it fixed yet or not but i used to get that prob and i promise u if u get a new mother board it wont happen no more :wink: i got a SY-KT6000 Dragon Plus SoYo MotherBoard <---bad ass mother board

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » May 1st, 2005, 7:59 pm

Or you were using the newest version of the ATI drivers which never worked with CoD... ;)
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

woCooM
Past/Inactive Team Member
PSN ID: Sanctifico

Post by woCooM » May 1st, 2005, 8:17 pm

the newest version of the ATI drivers might help.. since they were released about a week ago (just updated my 9250 256mb)

another cause could be process overloading... (the SP game doesnt require as much processing because you dont need to track other players etc....)

try closing some programs you dont need... like NAV or Roxio Drag to disk

if in doubt of whats running use hijackthis to scan your pc whilst playing CoD. it could show where your problem is and how to fix it

just so you know what to look for heres my hijack this log from when i run CoD.

Code: Select all

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 20:47:39, on 30/04/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
H:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
H:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
H:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
H:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
H:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
H:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
H:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
H:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exe
H:\WINDOWS\services.exe
H:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
H:\Acidmax\mirc.exe
H:\Program Files\Call of Duty\Main\coduo_minimizer.exe
H:\Program Files\Xfire\Xfire.exe
H:\Program Files\Call of Duty\CoDMP.exe
H:\Documents and Settings\Maz\Desktop\Tools\HijackThis.exe

F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe H:\WINDOWS\system32\fservice.exe
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - H:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - h:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - h:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] H:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Shortcut to coduo_minimizer.exe.lnk = H:\Program Files\Call of Duty\Main\coduo_minimizer.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://h:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://h:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://h:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://H:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://h:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://h:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmtrans.html
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - H:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - H:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SPTISRV.exe

theres nothing malicious in the program and it can be downloaded from ... http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html

the log above is about as Clean as they come so compair the amount of stuff running on your PC to whats shown on mine.. you'll probbably find yours is atleast three times as long.

pretty much so long as you have whats there on mine running your PC will work and sucessfully run CoD
Some People Look Back on WWII, I LIVE IT!
Для Матb россия!

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » May 1st, 2005, 10:46 pm

woCooM wrote:the log above is about as Clean as they come so compair the amount of stuff running on your PC to whats shown on mine.. you'll probbably find yours is atleast three times as long.
pretty much so long as you have whats there on mine running your PC will work and sucessfully run CoD
Damn, I have about 40-50 running processes (none being spyware). Have you recently formatted or smething :shock:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."

woCooM

Post by woCooM » May 2nd, 2005, 4:12 pm

nope i did a full system optimization using my 1337 skills (i.e. i used google to check it was safe to turn shitty winxp systems off)
Для Матb россия!

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » May 2nd, 2005, 6:03 pm

woCooM wrote:nope i did a full system optimization using my 1337 skills (i.e. i used google to check it was safe to turn shitty winxp systems off)
My computer can handle that many processes so tbh, I really cant be arsed. ;)

woCooM

Post by woCooM » May 2nd, 2005, 10:32 pm

mine can but it slows shit down when i dont want it to
Для Матb россия!