Killer Server or Jump Server?

Talk about anything related with the servers

Moderator: Core Staff

-{10th}-Cpl.Dweebo

Killer Server or Jump Server?

Post by -{10th}-Cpl.Dweebo » December 12th, 2005, 12:09 pm

Alright kiddies, I'm starting to get really fed up. Everytime I get tired of jumping, and want to kill, I go to the kill server. Well, I go in there, and PEOPLE ARE JUMPING. What is up with that? I came in there to kill, not jump. Well, low and behold, I kill one person and they start voting, I get kicked. Can you please take voting off that server? Or something?

Grom
Past/Inactive Team Member
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by Grom » December 12th, 2005, 2:24 pm

Hmm, thats bad tbh. But I guess many of the people coming into the server, is like "Hey, CoDJumper server! Cool, I wanna jump!" and doesnt notice [Kill] in the server name, so they think it's a jump server.

Maybe this problem could get solved by get a messagebot or something, which spams a message every fifth minute or something? Like "This is a kill server, NOT jumping!"

The problem could also get solved by getting more admins :D

SmokeYaSs
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

JUMP/KILL-servers

Post by SmokeYaSs » December 17th, 2005, 12:59 pm

I guess ppl were full (like me) of being killed on |JUMP| so they went to |KILL| and jumped there;) . I did a few times when the JUMP-server was too crowded and the KILL-server empty. I was thinking of writing a post bout maybe setting BOTH of the dedifrags to a jumpserver but im afraid I may be pretty lonesome with that wish!?!
(Would at least HELP 2 solve the problems like "10manUP1POLE"(CARE) and stuff like that). :?: Imma kick our leaders butt 2day so we finally get a cod2-jumpserver........

JammY
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by JammY » December 17th, 2005, 2:14 pm

Gromgutten wrote:Hmm, thats bad tbh. But I guess many of the people coming into the server, is like "Hey, CoDJumper server! Cool, I wanna jump!" and doesnt notice [Kill] in the server name, so they think it's a jump server.

Maybe this problem could get solved by get a messagebot or something, which spams a message every fifth minute or something? Like "This is a kill server, NOT jumping!"

The problem could also get solved by getting more admins :D
Maybe put [KILL] At the front rather than in the middle.
Add me on XFIRE : asross

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » December 17th, 2005, 9:57 pm

Use a message centre (e.g Rudedogs) to spam a message in the server simply sayin "This is not a jump server".
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » December 19th, 2005, 11:35 am

I already have a message centre running, although I didn't think to add a message saying whether it was a kill or jump server. I guessed that "[KILL]"/"[JUMP]" in the hostname, and "This server is for KILLING" in the motd would be good enough. I will remove the kick vote feature, so if they start complaining you can just tell them to look at the server name and read the "[KILL]" bit ;)

The servers will be down until wednesday btw.