where am i going wrong, help setting up

Have a question you need to ask? Need help? Ask here!

Moderator: Core Staff

jonboy79
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

where am i going wrong, help setting up

Post by jonboy79 » February 14th, 2013, 1:26 am

Hi all, i've been reading the how to set up the codjumper mod by Pedsdude. All i want to do is to practise my bounces like i see in the you tube videos like the ones jumping from concrete to concrete with safety edging tape .......

Ok so i've downloaded and installed codjumper v3_12 and pasted all three files into a new file named as mentioned in c:blablabla mods. I had this working on backlot only, i need to tweek some g-gametypes i think, been playing around but i haven't had luck but backlot is ok so i'm happy.

Now, i want to do the bounce training map, i've downloaded it, installed it in the c:blablabla mod file right next to the v3_12 one, is this right or do i have to empty it in that file?

If anyone has got a good link to a how to get started thread that would be great. P.S just want to jump :(

j_head
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Re: where am i going wrong, help setting up

Post by j_head » February 14th, 2013, 9:59 pm

codjumper v3_12 --> "mods" folder
bounce training map --> "usermaps" folder
then open cod4 and run codjumper mod and write "/g_Gametype cj" into console
and then write "/map mp_MAPNAME" into console too and it should load the bounce map with codjumper mod.
Happy jumping! ;D

jonboy79
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by jonboy79 » February 16th, 2013, 1:50 pm

j_head wrote:codjumper v3_12 --> "mods" folder
bounce training map --> "usermaps" folder
then open cod4 and run codjumper mod and write "/g_Gametype cj" into console
and then write "/map mp_MAPNAME" into console too and it should load the bounce map with codjumper mod.
Happy jumping! ;D
Cheers dude, didnt think i would get a reply, as most posts seem really old, lol.

jonboy79
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by jonboy79 » February 16th, 2013, 4:37 pm

got a message came up now saying loadimage_mp_bouncer_training

What now??

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » February 16th, 2013, 10:00 pm

jonboy79 wrote:Hi all, i've been reading the how to set up the codjumper mod by Pedsdude
Just to clarify, I wrote the guide, I didn't make the mod :P

Regarding your problems...

- Re-download the map just to be sure it wasn't an incomplete download.
- Confirm exactly what files you've placed where (screenshots would be best to be absolutely sure).
- If still not working, post a screenshot of your error, rather than an incomplete written version - what you posted above isn't clear to me.

jonboy79
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by jonboy79 » February 17th, 2013, 3:40 pm

Hi, i got as far as the chequered screen yesterday, i made another profile. But then i've took your advise and re-downloaded the file, i placed all three files into zone-english where all the other mp_'s are, i.e i took them all out of the downloaded file, is this right? please see attached file of screenshot
Anyway now the whole thing crashes, just freezes, nothing else to screenshot, and i have to hold my power button on to restart my pc, xp if that helps.

Im not looking to blame dude, i think it's fantastic what you guys do :D

jonboy79
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by jonboy79 » February 17th, 2013, 3:42 pm

dont think i can up[load the screen shot, can you guys see it?

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » February 17th, 2013, 3:48 pm

jonboy79 wrote:i placed all three files into zone-english where all the other mp_'s are, i.e i took them all out of the downloaded file, is this right?
Nope. You want to download the zip file, extract it, so that you've got one folder called "mp_codjumper_training", which contains 3 files (ff, load ff and iwd). Move this folder into CoD4\usermaps. So In CoD4\usermaps\mp_codjumper_training, you have the 3 files.

If the usermaps folder doesn't exist, create one.

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » February 17th, 2013, 4:36 pm

jonboy79 wrote: Anyway now the whole thing crashes, just freezes, nothing else to screenshot, and i have to hold my power button on to restart my pc, xp if that helps.
You shouldn't have to manually restart your computer when that happens, a simple ctrl alt delete task manager to end the iw3mp.exe would suffice.
-

jonboy79
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by jonboy79 » February 17th, 2013, 4:57 pm

F |Madness| U wrote:
jonboy79 wrote: Anyway now the whole thing crashes, just freezes, nothing else to screenshot, and i have to hold my power button on to restart my pc, xp if that helps.
You shouldn't have to manually restart your computer when that happens, a simple ctrl alt delete task manager to end the iw3mp.exe would suffice.
No came up with two icons in the toolbat one was a error and couldnt see what it was. ctrl alt del wouldnt work, windows key did but left the screen how it crashed and the only way i can close is too right mouse on the toolbar icon and to close it. DOH

jonboy79
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by jonboy79 » February 17th, 2013, 5:01 pm

Pedsdude wrote:
jonboy79 wrote:i placed all three files into zone-english where all the other mp_'s are, i.e i took them all out of the downloaded file, is this right?
Nope. You want to download the zip file, extract it, so that you've got one folder called "mp_codjumper_training", which contains 3 files (ff, load ff and iwd). Move this folder into CoD4\usermaps. So In CoD4\usermaps\mp_codjumper_training, you have the 3 files.

If the usermaps folder doesn't exist, create one.
Ok made a new file called usermaps, then in their there is a file called mp_codjumper_training, then in there there is the three files. I've tried my commands in the console /map mp_codjumper_training and tried mp_bouncer_training with no joy, i set the console to g_gametype cj before switching over to the codjumpermods.

Thanks jon

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » February 17th, 2013, 5:10 pm

Do you have Teamviewer and Xfire? If so, add me on Xfire (pedsdude) and I'll check you've got things set up correctly... easier than typing it all.