Just me? Or does Deathrun suck...

General chat area for anything whatsoever

Moderator: Core Staff

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Just me? Or does Deathrun suck...

Post by Chucky. » July 23rd, 2012, 1:18 pm

Hi all, I'm a little board so hey, I thought cj.com :)

Is it just me or does Deathrun suck? I mean, it might just be me but in my opinion it ruined CJ, it's too easy & theres too many immature people playing it. And the worse thing is, too many blockers.

Just thought I'd trough it out there, wanted to know how many CJers hate DR xD

Goro92
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Re: Just me? Or does Deathrun suck...

Post by Goro92 » July 23rd, 2012, 1:58 pm

the idea of the mod is pretty fun but i don't understand 90% of people that play it... if you use traps you are a noob...WHY?!?
the mod is based on traps. If I want to play only knife or only sniper i can play on a different mod/server.

the average gap size on a deathrun map is 150-200 :roll:

i would see a deathrun map with bounces (easy bounces) and maybe harder jumps

ekat
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by ekat » July 23rd, 2012, 2:52 pm

sry for my bad english! :P
I'm creating exactly this atm!
I'm tired of waiting because of blocker and traps so i will create a map with many bounces to just pass this situations.
I dont think that my gaps will be like 280-310 but i will make it a little bit harder then the most dr_maps...
I will take u a look at my map if i finished working on it! :)

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » July 23rd, 2012, 6:09 pm

pjchucky wrote:in my opinion it ruined CJ
In what way? It's completely unrelated to us! The vast majority of the 'jumps' on it are simple forward jumps onto semi-stable platforms, I don't consider it to be in any way related to CoDJumping. Sure, you could have some deathrun maps which involve strafes that require a certain amount of jumping skill...

Personally, I'm not a fan of it. It was fun to play for maybe a few hours at first, but I soon became bored of it - the blocking, the whining (Jesus, the whining, it's worse than all those people screaming "SCOPE PLS" in public Promod servers!), the massive element of luck involved in a substantial proportion of it. The list of reasons is really endless!

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » July 23rd, 2012, 7:36 pm

What is this gamemode? First time I heard of it.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Goro92
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Goro92 » July 23rd, 2012, 8:20 pm

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:What is this gamemode? First time I heard of it.

couldn't find better videos :I

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » July 23rd, 2012, 9:35 pm

Looks boring and easy.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

waywaaaard
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by waywaaaard » July 23rd, 2012, 9:46 pm

bitch
jm_milestone_pro
THAT HANDS WERE NOT TRACED!
visit my blog: Link
Soviet wrote:Yeah, watch out, Peds will hit you with his +5 D-Battleaxe of homosexuality :roll:

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Chucky. » July 24th, 2012, 12:34 pm

Pedsdude wrote:
pjchucky wrote:in my opinion it ruined CJ
In what way? It's completely unrelated to us! The vast majority of the 'jumps' on it are simple forward jumps onto semi-stable platforms, I don't consider it to be in any way related to CoDJumping. Sure, you could have some deathrun maps which involve strafes that require a certain amount of jumping skill...

Personally, I'm not a fan of it. It was fun to play for maybe a few hours at first, but I soon became bored of it - the blocking, the whining (Jesus, the whining, it's worse than all those people screaming "SCOPE PLS" in public Promod servers!), the massive element of luck involved in a substantial proportion of it. The list of reasons is really endless!
Yeah, I 100% agree. I personally think it ruined CJ because the vast majority of people who used to CJ now Deathrun instead. They think it's more than just CoDJumping which I agree, theres traps and a dude to kill at the end. But, it's too easy.

x0ozero0x
PS3 Team
PS3 Team
PSN ID: x0ozero0x

Post by x0ozero0x » July 24th, 2012, 2:09 pm

Played it for like 10 minutes and didn't enjoy it at all. If you're in a server with a lot of people then you just end up jumping into each other most of the time and dieing, I don't find it enjoyable waiting like 2 minutes every round when you die watching 2 idiots try and knife/shoot each other whilst hiding behind a wall.

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » July 27th, 2012, 9:59 am

I think it's a quite cool concept, but the actual mods out there at the moment need alot of improvements for it to be decent. Personally if I ever go to play deathrun, I just find random servers and try to glitch my way around jumpa and such to make it more fun (for me anyway). In alot of the `pit style traps` where there is usually a moving object you have to jump on in the middle etc, these pits are often <300 units big, meaning that good jumpers can just strafe across them (especially as the majority of people on deathrun can barely strafe, similar to a stock pub cod4 server).
-

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Chucky. » July 27th, 2012, 2:21 pm

F |Madness| U wrote:I think it's a quite cool concept, but the actual mods out there at the moment need alot of improvements for it to be decent. Personally if I ever go to play deathrun, I just find random servers and try to glitch my way around jumpa and such to make it more fun (for me anyway). In alot of the `pit style traps` where there is usually a moving object you have to jump on in the middle etc, these pits are often <300 units big, meaning that good jumpers can just strafe across them (especially as the majority of people on deathrun can barely strafe, similar to a stock pub cod4 server).
I just think personally the whole concept is bad, not really my thing. You're right on the 300 units part where people who play CoDJumper Mod can just strafe over it, my point exactly it's too easy. Though you still manage to fail all the time because of blockers. Even when you wait behind, theirs others waiting with you and then they call you a blocker when you've done nothing. Death runners should try CJ, see how good they are then :)

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » July 27th, 2012, 6:15 pm

If they made people non-solid against each other (obviously excluding whoever the trap setter is, or the first person to reach end), it would be better.

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Chucky. » July 27th, 2012, 7:25 pm

Pedsdude wrote:If they made people non-solid against each other (obviously excluding whoever the trap setter is, or the first person to reach end), it would be better.
^