Admins wake up!!!

Talk about anything related with the servers

Moderator: Core Staff

Mirko
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Re: Admins wake up!!!

Post by Mirko » November 16th, 2011, 11:26 am

im not a map maker so i dont know what your talking about really but i hope this helps otehrs who makes maps in the future

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » November 16th, 2011, 2:17 pm

I'd like to thank joeyoh9292 (Couldn't have picked an easier name? :P) for not being a complete idiot unlike the OP. It's hard to find constructive posts in hot topics like this. And I'm sure Peds/KS and other 'lazy admins' ( :lol: ) appreciate such posts.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Goro92
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Goro92 » November 16th, 2011, 2:58 pm

Rezil wrote: Sadly our mapping staff is lacking at the moment. I can't say for certain but I'm pretty sure none of the CJ staff have a map in the making, which is a shame. I'd love to promote mapping/scripting but unfortunately 90% of the people in the mapping help forums are looking for a 'quick fix' to their problem, they don't want to spend time learning how to do it properly. Most new CoD4 jump maps are made by inexperienced mappers but active jumpers. Consequently they focus more on the jumps rather than aesthetics which leads to ugly maps with huge bounces. If jumpers would take the time to learn how to create maps correctly and some simple coding, you would see some really creative maps(look at DanTheMan and his last few jump maps, they are an example that should be strived for).
As for myself, I have 2 upcoming projects but they're going to be implemented in CoD2, not CoD4.
Rezil i want to see your maps (jm_kuwehr,jm_museum) in CoD4 like jm_cruise :D

you can?

c'mon CoD4 :wink:! plsssssss

joeyoh9292
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe
Gamertag: CCCLX LeGEnD
PSN ID: Joe_2k8_FTW

Post by joeyoh9292 » November 16th, 2011, 7:11 pm

Hmm, maybe I should invest in CoD2 if it really does have these brilliant maps :D
AND YES! That's what I mean. Aesthetics and themes. They cost no FPS if they are done right and can always incorporate the floating platforms (mp_Sonic) and there is little coding in that map, but it works fabulously. Also, think of Meh and Dungeon. Maybe not the most beatiful, but definitely more fun to play than, for example, Vertigo (not that I dislike the jumps, but I hate the style. It gives me headaches!).

I thank you all for being now so respectful of each other, and myself :D

I may have to turn my hand to mapping soon anyway, as it would help me get to grips with games programming (if only slightly) which is what I wish to do at University in 3 years!

Again, thanks. This is why I love the CJ community ^.^

Vartazian
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Vartazian » November 18th, 2011, 11:09 pm

Hey not to be rude, but i'm just informing the admins that server 1 crashed after it rotated from my map mp_to_the_moon. I thought this was fixed, but apparently it is not. Thankz

-VaRtz

iRaiinyy
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by iRaiinyy » November 21st, 2011, 7:43 pm

iCYsoldier wrote:
Vartazian wrote:This is true in a sense, but some people, such as myself favor skillful jumps and huge bounces over aesthetics.
Just because you favor one over the other, doesn't mean you can't have both. Floating platforms are ok, but you could still make them more creative or themed.
this is true you can have skillful jumps and huge bounces along with quality texturing in your map
AMD Gaming Custom Maps Only CoDJumper Server: 178.32.56.98:28960
Xfire: Wiickedneszzx

The Jumper <3: i know a girl she is 15
The Jumper <3: and have big titts
rB|iRaiinyy*@TuneChii: o.O BREAST IMPLANTS
The Jumper <3: with 15 ?
The Jumper <3: she just take the pills.

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » November 22nd, 2011, 8:40 pm

joeyoh9292 wrote:Hmm, maybe I should invest in CoD2 if it really does have these brilliant maps :D
AND YES! That's what I mean. Aesthetics and themes. They cost no FPS if they are done right and can always incorporate the floating platforms (mp_Sonic) and there is little coding in that map, but it works fabulously. Also, think of Meh and Dungeon. Maybe not the most beatiful, but definitely more fun to play than, for example, Vertigo (not that I dislike the jumps, but I hate the style. It gives me headaches!).
There's lots of coding in mp_sonic, believe me. ;)
The problem stems from one simple fact: It takes TIME and EFFORT to create good maps, as it does with anything in life. I can tell you from personal experience that you cannot make something decent in a few days. It's a shame there are less and less excellent mappers around(waywaaaard, Luke, Dan etc.) to contribute.
If you can find a way to get more people interested in mapping, we're open for suggestions. :)
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

Sonic
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Sonic » November 22nd, 2011, 9:19 pm

Rezil wrote:The problem stems from one simple fact: It takes TIME and EFFORT to create good maps.
I defenitly agree with this.

I've been trying to learn how to map for the last couple of weeks (Making progress :wink: ).
And I can tell it's a lot harder then I expected.

And as you said above, it would be great if more people got inspired, and actually took the time and effort to learn how to map.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » November 22nd, 2011, 11:40 pm

SonicCJ wrote:it would be great if more people got inspired, and actually took the time and effort to learn how to map.
Sadly, this is unlikely to happen (at least not in great numbers), due to the average age/maturity of the community (and consequently their patience in learning something such as mapping).

In some ways I'm glad CoD4 mapping is more difficult because it means we don't have as many terrible maps as we did back in the CoD1 days when almost anybody could make a map.