Need help doing research on FPS and it's impacts to strafes

Forum for all kinds of CoD4 jumps.

Moderator: Core Staff

Echo1337
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Need help doing research on FPS and it's impacts to strafes

Post by Echo1337 » May 9th, 2011, 1:02 am

Essentially what i'm doing is an in-depth analysis of how movement. There is already a similar idea posted on this website, but it's not in depth enough, and i want this to cover every tiny detail, right from the mechanics. I already have figures to show how high you can jump with 20 different FPS values, but i now need to find how FAR you can jump with each value. The only problem is, to do this, i need a standard jump. A jump that will be the exact same no matter what, essentially a script. Now, i know this is a long shot, as scripts are indeed disallowed, but trust me, i'm quite a competent jumper, and do not need it. The reason i need it is so i can load codjumper_training, use a specific fps, and press the bind, the jump will be the same every time i press the button, then i can record the max distance with that FPS, and try a new value.

The project will be about more than just FPS values affecting jumping, but this is the part i am currently stuck on, as without the script, there is no way for me to get a similar jump each time.

When complete, the project will be released in a video format, and so uploaded to youtube and posted here and http://www.tek-9.org
If somebody would be so kind as to PM (Not post publicly so everybody can see and exploit it, but PM) me a script that would perform a 'perfect' or near enough strafe, then i would be very thankful, and i will be sure to thank you in the credits!

Thank you for reading!

Edit: You can also contact me via xfire at: blazingtheory

Also, I understand the releasing of scripts is certainly a bad thing, so if somebody has the script and is willing to help, but not PM it me, please contact me so we can talk! :)

<3 Echo

megazor
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Re: Need help doing research on FPS and it's impacts to stra

Post by megazor » May 9th, 2011, 3:10 am

no script can perform the same jump. I have wrote a script for cod1 which could do jumps up to 268 units long.

regarding 266, it was always able to do it.
regarding 267, it could do it at around half attempts.
and when it came to do 268, my script could do it pretty rarely (like 1 out of 15 goes).

Fuzzmunch
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Fuzzmunch » May 9th, 2011, 4:24 am

Also, scripts can only be used with certain FPS because the wait times are applied based on FPS.

Echo1337
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Echo1337 » May 9th, 2011, 10:06 am

Of course, that makes sense, which leaves me with a problem.

How else could i find the max distance you can jump with a certain FPS? :/

Surely there is some sort of formula that somebody might know, or some method of testing

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » May 9th, 2011, 11:15 am

How do we work out how fast a human can possibly run?
We get many humans and run many races...

The gap records are bound to be within units the furthest possible.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Echo1337
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Echo1337 » May 9th, 2011, 1:35 pm

Of course, but that method is much slower, however, i shall put some time aside and do it :)

Badeendnl
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Badeendnl » May 9th, 2011, 3:31 pm

I think it is impossible to get all that information so accurate. That is because of some reasons: for different kinds of fps you need different kinds of scripts/different strafing. Still at this moment you can think something like 320 is max fps 125fps, but you can never really know that for sure, because of maby there is still a better strafing tactic. So good luck with trying to archieve to get a accurute way to find that all out:)

DeathWishFish
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie
PSN ID: DeathWishFish

Post by DeathWishFish » July 5th, 2011, 10:25 am

Does your keyboard support binds? If so, you can tecnically "record" a strafe with it and push the button. It wont be a perfect one, but at least it will be consistent

Moustache
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Moustache » July 5th, 2011, 4:35 pm

You can create a bind in CoD4 that does a strafe. There should be one around here some where on the forum.

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » July 5th, 2011, 11:37 pm

DeathWishFish wrote:Does your keyboard support binds? If so, you can tecnically "record" a strafe with it and push the button. It wont be a perfect one, but at least it will be consistent
Lol'd at reviving a 2 month old topic with a fail-post. (What do you think a script is..).
-

IzNoGoD
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by IzNoGoD » July 5th, 2011, 11:47 pm

Well, much like the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, you cannot know a persons speed and location at the same time
Therefor, you cannot use some simple formula to calculate max distance. You have to try a more practical approach: look at the gap records perhaps? :P
LMGTFY!

Its not a glitch... Its the future!