General chat area for anything whatsoever

Moderator: Core Staff

cianw1
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper
Gamertag: cianw1

Hackers

Post by cianw1 » February 6th, 2011, 10:11 pm

Whats everyones views on hackers (by this i mean aimbots etc, may not be the correct term) i find them annoying obviously but also quite interesting.

Me: Well, i think the ONLY way to resolve this problem is...KS reseign from site admin and me to take his place, and then commence my plan for world domination...
KS : Done.

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: Hackers

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » February 6th, 2011, 10:13 pm

Cheating = gay. CJ doesn't support cheating in any way. We've kicked/banned a CJ team member in the past (TWICE) so we're pretty serious about it.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » February 6th, 2011, 10:22 pm

Answer this rather, if you use some sort of skin or command to have no smoke, does it mean you're a hacker?
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » February 6th, 2011, 10:25 pm

If it gives you an unfair advantage over other players it's cheating.

Basicly jumping on public servers is cheating too but yeh :P It's a little bit different...

cianw1
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by cianw1 » February 6th, 2011, 10:28 pm

Not really. vheating is cheating. You cant give yourself double standards.

Me: Well, i think the ONLY way to resolve this problem is...KS reseign from site admin and me to take his place, and then commence my plan for world domination...

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » February 6th, 2011, 10:30 pm

IW stated themselves though that some places (Like rooftops) you can jump on are ok, but it depends on what roof. I think that's what they were saying about MW2.

But I rarely jump on public servers.

cianw1
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by cianw1 » February 6th, 2011, 11:21 pm

Its a bug in the game engine, making it a exploit. (lol, have you noticed that i tend to start alot of arguments on this forum??? :P)

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » February 6th, 2011, 11:41 pm

Indeed, everyone can jump if they put the time and effort in. And you could say the same thing about downloading/finding/creating hacks, but that requires actually editing files and potentially running other programs in the background, and is clearly a separate, unacceptable process.

---

Jumping: not cheating, frowned upon if you get out of or under map, or somewhere where you can see through caulk etc.
Editing files/skins to remove smoke: cheating
Aimbots/wallhacks: obviously cheating, unacceptable

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » February 7th, 2011, 12:18 am

Jumping = Jumping. No cheats.
Editing stock files = Cheating.
Using 3rd Party software = Hacking.

The changing of stock files is certainly something I frown upon, but I honestly believe the release of the information regarding it should be public. If it stays private knowledge it will never be fixed and those few people have an unfair advantage always.

Rank hacking = I couldn't care less.

Aimbots, Chams, ESP, Radars, Wallhacks, Recoil... obviously hate with a passion.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

B4.
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by B4. » February 7th, 2011, 1:37 am

I agree that basic/intermediate jumping at a level that does not take away from the game play on our public tdm and snd servers is not a problem, we do frown at advance glitches if abused and out or under map. But on saying that we do if all agreed that no killing and lets all just glitch this public map up, and ppl have fun too.

Elevating: is also frowned upon in normal game as it can push ppl away from the server. (most of the ppl that winge are the 1's that cant do it anyway)

Hacks- aimbot, walls, etc: cheating. And we shame any1 caught by posting their pbss on our website.

Rank hacking: Just dont care either

Just where our clan stands on these issuse on our servers.

Mooselflies
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!
PSN ID: mooselflies

Post by Mooselflies » February 7th, 2011, 10:48 am

KillerSam wrote: It's not cheating if everybody can do it. It's then not an unfair advantage.

well then ur saying hacks isn't cheating coz everyone can google cod4 hacks and download?

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » February 7th, 2011, 1:16 pm

KillerSam wrote:
cianw1 wrote:Not really. vheating is cheating. You cant give yourself double standards.
Dissagree with Zaitsev tbh. Jumping is not cheating as it is possible to every player with the standard game infront of them. There are no rules for standard public servers, and therefore it is allowed if it is possible. It only becomes cheating if you modify your game (with a hack) or break the rules of the ladder / league you are competing in.
Let's word it differently then. Jumping becomes unfair when you can kill people but they can't kill you (Under the map for instance).

cianw1
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by cianw1 » February 7th, 2011, 6:18 pm

What if the host says that no jumping is a rule? :P

cianw1
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by cianw1 » February 7th, 2011, 6:26 pm

So does that mean that elevators/wallbreach are acceptible (and other glitches i only used these as an example)? because theyre not editing files or using 3rd party software and also are availible for everyone to do.

Concito
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe
PSN ID: Concito

Post by Concito » February 8th, 2011, 5:48 am

KillerSam wrote:
cianw1 wrote:Not really. vheating is cheating. You cant give yourself double standards.
Dissagree with Zaitsev tbh. Jumping is not cheating as it is possible to every player with the standard game infront of them. There are no rules for standard public servers, and therefore it is allowed if it is possible. It only becomes cheating if you modify your game (with a hack) or break the rules of the ladder / league you are competing in.
I agree completely.
Creator of Super Noobsâ„¢