Some little server issues

Talk about anything related with the servers

Moderator: Core Staff

B4.
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Some little server issues

Post by B4. » January 24th, 2011, 1:38 am

Im tring to fine tune the new #13 server and have a couple of little issues.

Ive seen in the forums that you need all the iwd files in the mods folder for the maps to run, with this all of them are being downloaded the first time someone comes on to the server with the mod, is this normal?

Respawn time is set to 9sec, can this be changed? ive got in the cfg "set scr_dm_playerrespawndelay 0" but being a cj server didnt think id needed it so added "set scr_cj_playerrespawndelay 0" with no luck.

On mp_mike_jump2 im have an issue with climbing the wooden walls, need to switch fps down to 60 to be able to climb, It just sits there and shakes. Any1 had this before? and is there a solution. tried redownloading the map and had another player with the same issue so I dont think its just my comp.

Thanks

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Some little server issues

Post by Pedsdude » January 24th, 2011, 3:32 am

If you have the server set to pure (sv_pure "1") then they have to download all files before joining the server. If you set it to 0 then they don't, they only need the files running. It'll probably make them start downloading other files they don't necessarily need, but if they do /reconnect it should be fine.

If you load with the cj gametype (assuming you're using codjumperv3_1) then there shouldn't be any wait time at the start.

The only issues I know of with ladders and FPS are to do with Linux servers. We don't know of any fixes for this, you just have to set your FPS to a certain value to use ladders in some maps, no way of fixing this as far as we know.

B4.
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Re: Some little server issues

Post by B4. » January 24th, 2011, 5:55 am

Ill change the pure setting so ppl join quicker.

Its the current codjumperv3_1 off this server. And the wait time is from changing from spec to player and when you die to respawn.

As far as i know its hosted on a linux server so ill have to put up with the ladder issue, ill just add 60 to my fps toggle bind

Thanks Peds