Talk about anything related with the servers

Moderator: Core Staff

Rohm
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

fast file for zone 'mod' empty

Post by Rohm » December 8th, 2010, 7:32 pm

hey codjumpers

Since last week I can't join most of your servers... my game just crashes and I get this error^
Can anyone help? Maybe just deleting some iwds/mods will fix this but I would like to be sure before I do it.

-Rohm

think-green
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Re: fast file for zone 'mod' empty

Post by think-green » December 13th, 2010, 9:13 pm

I have exactly the same problem, but only for the 2 german servers CJ #2 and CJ #3.
These servers are running an other version of the cj mod (codjumper and not codjumperv3) so i need the mod from these servers.
But when i connect it looks for the files but just places 0kb files into the folder and connect.
Ofc then the error pops up, "fast file for zone 'mod' empty".

So it would be really nice if u could simply update the server mod or fix the download.

PS: I only wanna play normal maps, because im bored of the custom jump maps, it was a bit annoying to test out every server if it is custom or not so u could maybe add a letter c for custom or n for normal or something like that.

I hope u guys help me.. ty

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » December 13th, 2010, 10:33 pm

sourc3 wrote: PS: I only wanna play normal maps, because im bored of the custom jump maps, it was a bit annoying to test out every server if it is custom or not so u could maybe add a letter c for custom or n for normal or something like that.

I hope u guys help me.. ty
As far as I know, the majority of the CJ jump servers either run stock maps or custom maps, not a mixture. Therefore just see which map the server is currently playing, if its a stock map then its likely to be a server that only provides stock maps for jumping.
-

think-green
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by think-green » December 13th, 2010, 11:37 pm

i dont mean in the server browser, i mean a letter for stock or custom could be added to the main page, where the server ips are listened, because i wanted do jump a bit with some others and first had to add all the ips and in the end there was just one stock maps server with good ping and that server has the fastfile empty error.

IzNoGoD
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by IzNoGoD » December 15th, 2010, 11:12 pm

Are you sure you are running without UAC (user account control) cause it disables writing for many applications into the program files folder, which is exactly what cod wants to do when it downloads a file.
Try executing the program as admin to see if it fixes anything. If it does, disable UAC, its worthless crap anyway.

If this doesnt fix it, just disable UAC for before mentioned reason.
LMGTFY!

Its not a glitch... Its the future!

think-green
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by think-green » December 16th, 2010, 10:10 pm

no i dont use uac and starting the game as admin results in the same error message, should be clear that its not a client side thing because downloading from all the other servers works..
just try server 2 and 3, move ur cojumper folder from mods to any where else and then connect one of these 2 servers, u will get the same error.

Rohm
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Rohm » December 18th, 2010, 12:22 pm

Ty for the help guys.
Deleting the mods didn't work. It looks like a problem with the server to me :S
I even tried pasting the mod.ff and z_cod4jumper.iwd manually, it just downloads 0 kb files everytime I join and gives me the error.
Would be nice if you could update to 3.1 unless someone has another idea how to fix it...

think-green
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by think-green » December 20th, 2010, 1:16 pm

could any admin plz answer to this thread? These were my favorite jumping servers and now i cannot connect to them :(
just update the server files, shouldn't be a big thing...

alex88
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by alex88 » January 6th, 2011, 9:16 pm

It's for sure a server problem, the files cannot be downladed also trying to delete mod folder, profile folder and running as admin!

think-green
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by think-green » January 15th, 2011, 1:32 am

Cmon guys I already explained the problem, if u have already the mod files for the listed servers, u can join.
But if u dont have them the download fails. So plz update the servers ftp files so it is working for those too.
Plz give a statement, the request is already long long time ago