Aliens vs Predator 3

Discussion for other PC and console games

Moderator: Core Staff

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: Aliens vs Predator 3

Post by Soviet » February 24th, 2010, 1:08 am

It's worth getting if you've loved the series before this. If not it won't be worth getting, or at least that's what I've gotten from it between what Zait has said and what reviews have said. Check some reviews before you just go out and possibly throw away money
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » February 24th, 2010, 1:18 am

I'll probally get the download as soon its out. Won't be buying it tough.
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

matt101harris
PC Team
PC Team

Post by matt101harris » February 24th, 2010, 10:20 am

Hoogie wrote:I'll probally get the download as soon its out. Won't be buying it tough.
when u do... TELL ME! :D
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: put your cock away, you sick man
Matty@CoDJumper.com: hahaha
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: (while i whip mine out)
Matty@CoDJumper.com: lol
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: just kidding
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: ... i don't have one :(

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » February 24th, 2010, 1:56 pm

matt101harris wrote:
Hoogie wrote:I'll probally get the download as soon its out. Won't be buying it tough.
when u do... TELL ME! :D
Will do.
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » February 24th, 2010, 4:59 pm

Soviet wrote:Really? In the demo 95% of my kills were stealth kills on Marines as an Alien.
Then you must be playing against idiots. I'm constantly on the move.
matt101harris wrote:So worth getting? Maybe there is a download somewhere :P If not, ill buy it tomorrow.
Don't buy it just yet. Can download it to have a go at SP though since that's awesome. But I'm waiting for dedicated servers. Hopefully that will solve some ping issues.
It's already out.

What I don't get is that people bitch at the Predator and Alien campaigns. The Predator campaign was the most awesome one.
People also said that the Marine campaign wasn't scary in any bit. They didn't play it on Nightmare difficulty most likely. In the mission where I had to kill the Queen before even making it to her I had to conserve ammo like crazy, use the exploding canisters on the first few Alien waves. By the time I reached the Queen my heart bounced in my throat because I didn't want to die because I was so close of finishing that crazy hard mission.

One Alien can kill you if you're too rushy. Let alone a whole pack.

Also, I just read this review:
Now, one might think that when you venture into the two alien campaigns things are bound to get cooler and more fun. That's not really the case in AVP due to the poorly constructed mechanics. Both the Alien and Predator campaigns make use of melee attacks. While the Predator has some ranged options in his repertoire, your main attack is still going to be the blades strapped to your right and left hand. As anyone who played Namco's Breakdown knows, first-person melee is tough to pull off. Sadly, AVP is no different. The camera can be entirely too shaky, the pseudo-lock-on function can cause needless deaths, and, to put it frankly, melee attacks with these characters should be more fun.
This guy states that the game (SP) becomes more boring overtime because apparently you receive 'OP' weapons. In order to reach the highest rank in SP (Based on score) you've got to make stealth kills. As a predator I only used my Combi Stick (Spear from the movies) to kill the Androids since they don't always die when you use your Stealth Kill. Also, they are decked out with movement monitors so it's hard to even get behind them. And the Androids only show up on one Predator mission.

The Combi Stick is much harder to use in MP because people are on the move. In order to kill someone with the Spear the other Marines need to stay almost still or you will miss and you break your stealth (In MP, any time you do an action, apart of jumping, it breaks your stealth). You can also use your Plasma Cannon or your boomerang kind of blade (From Predator 2) but they have a targeting lazer, so if you're really fast, you can avoid it (Unless you have your back faced towards the Predator :P).
Thankfully once you do take the time to understand the finer points and frustrations of the melee combat, AVP presents some interesting abilities and play styles -- for better or worse. When playing as the Alien, speed is key. The Alien can move on walls and ceilings at a blinding rate, but sometimes it can be too fast to handle, especially when you click on the left stick to sprint. The Predator is more about stealth. You'll need to stick to tree branches and the tops of buildings to take your prey. All of the sneaking around made me feel a little underpowered when playing as what appeared to be such an impressive creature. Thankfully (or perhaps not) once you get the combi stick combat is greatly simplified, perhaps to the point of being unbalanced thanks to the one-shot kills.
Again, I dunno if these guys actually played the game. When you melee an enemy the game actually helps you. Sort of like an auto-aim. Alien and Predator are very hard to play, but once you know how to play with them, you'll be brutal. The sprinting can be used to flee away because you're under fire, or, in my case, I use it to sprint towards someone, tailswipe at the perfect time and then finish a Marine off (Unless the Marine manages to bash you :P).

Predators are far from overpowered. I've been playing the Predator vs Marines gamemode really often and then you really find out how difficult it is to play as a Predator.

Again, I dunno what some of these guys are talking about, as if they haven't even played the game to its full potential. The only part I agree on is the crap matchmaking system (The MP in itself is good so far) and the AI is not that smart in SP.

I had a killstreak of 10 yesterday as a Predator vs around 6 Marines, and it's fucking hard.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » March 7th, 2010, 2:24 pm

ConnoR
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper
Gamertag: conz0rz

Post by ConnoR » July 30th, 2010, 1:53 pm

hipertogbog wrote:fan-wank
I lol'd

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » July 30th, 2010, 2:16 pm

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
I lold at this too.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol