Dutch people...

General chat area for anything whatsoever

Moderator: Core Staff

Azabael
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Re: Dutch people...

Post by Azabael » February 22nd, 2010, 5:12 pm

Don't forget the Dutch couldn't DECIDE whether they accept a new mission or not because they couldn't reach an intern agreement. First of all, we will finish the current mission, which is until August. By that time there will be new elections. And who knows who will be in charge by that time.

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » February 22nd, 2010, 11:52 pm

No, they want everybody gone at the end of this year.

And tbh, I think that will happen.

Even though KS understands my point, the MG rush is a bit extreme :P
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Azabael
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Azabael » February 22nd, 2010, 11:57 pm

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:No, they want everybody gone at the end of this year.

And tbh, I think that will happen.

Who is "they"? The current government? It's not up to them to decide anymore.
There will probably be elections in May or June. (Source: NOS)

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » February 22nd, 2010, 11:58 pm

The US probably has the lowest public image of any country in the world right now (obviously less so after the change Presidency) and look what they get, a bunch of other countries like The Netherlands and the UK with much higher public image that do what they say anyway. By refusing to send another force it could mean what you are implying, that they are assholes with no care for the fallen, or it could mean that they are promoting peace over war and are strong enough to stand against other countries who are sending their troops to die and become subject to psychological trauma.

On the second note, I most certainly can label all politicians as douchebags because they are. It is simply in varying degrees, the longer they've been in politics, the more of a douchebag they are. This is why politicians like Obama are less of douchebags than your McCains or Bushes. Obama had only two years as a senator before becoming president, which gave him much less time to be corrupted by it. This isn't opinion or stereotyping, it is common sense. These people are put into an incredibly powerful position in a capitalist society. Due to the indeniably large amount of corruption in government, the first thing that is going to happen is blackmail and attempts to buy them out. While some politicians may be able to resist for one or two terms, eventually they give in so they can be reelected and from there it is a downhill slope. Take a look at Obama, one of his main goals while running was to remove all troops from Iraq by 2010. Look where we are now. Also, it isn't the politicians that keep society in order, it is the police and agencies that do that. I don't know about the UK, but the only positive thing politicians have ever done here (besides some various peace treaties) is help give equal rights to everyone, and that was only after incredible pressure from the populace who is theoretically supposed to be in charge and in one instance a civil war. Bureaucracy, greed, deceit, blackmail, broken promises, and ignorance are the trademarks of the federal government and thus politicians.

As for the machine gun charging statement, I again will have to disagree. While it is true it would be disrespectful to just pull out and recognize defeat, would it really be better to tell another hundred men to charge at the machine gun nest? No, any halfway decent commander would recognize the stupidity in the overarching goal and either approach it at an incredibly different angle or give up hope of taking that machine gun nest for the time being until the situation has changed. While it is true you haven't achieved anything after the first hundred die, will you achieve something after 200? Maybe 1000 will work? Surely by 2000 he'll run out of ammo?

That is the situation we face, it isn't a simple matter of waiting for air support to take it out, lobbing grenades at the position, flanking the nest through a town, or getting your best sniper to take the gunner down. We're in a situation where we are facing incredibly religious revolutionaries, brainwashed from birth, that have lost their holy land because we took it (unrightfully) from them. They will not stop fighting until the very last one is dead and considering the fact that they continue to train these children to kill the people who took the land from them, they won't all die soon. We are facing fanaticism on a scale that exceeds Hitler, it is a fanaticism bred for 2000 years into each child from birth and psychologically speaking, it would be literally impossible to remove that fanaticism. What we are facing is worse than what the US faced in Korea and Vietnam, and if you'll recall we lost both of those wars.

Finally, not only does it not directly affect me as I don't give a shit about anyone in the army, it wouldn't even indirectly affect me had it not been for trigger happy conservatives starting a war with the wrong people at the wrong time for the wrong reasons. All we are doing every day we stay there is perpetuating a gigantic mistake by some of the biggest idiots to ever run the United States.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » February 23rd, 2010, 12:03 am

So tell me then, what would be the solution to stop terrorism ? (Even though we all know it's not going to happen)

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » February 23rd, 2010, 12:06 am

Nukes. I don't agree with it, it isn't morally right, but given our current technology and psychological understanding that is the only way.

Or, if you just want to stop the actions of the terrorists you could patrol all airspace around countries known to harbor terrorists and patrol all borders and make sure no one ever leaves.

Of course, once upon a time it would have also been possible to simply give the Islamic people back their land we stole from them and stop this whole mess, but the fanaticism has progressed way too far for that to be a solution.
ImageImageImage

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » February 23rd, 2010, 12:11 am

A hell of a lot of nukes are needed then.

I just googled a bit and came to 20-23% of the world are Muslim.

Since we all know... 'most terrorists are Muslims'.

I rest my case though since I totally disagree with you :roll:

BlueDamselfly
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by BlueDamselfly » February 23rd, 2010, 12:19 am

Soviet wrote:
BlueDamselfly wrote:
Hoogie wrote:Just a bunch of douchebags, cba to care.
Without those "bunch of douchebags", you would not even be able to get out of your home safely to go to the grocery store.
Ironically they put public image above the safety and well being of their citizens...sounds like a bunch of douchebags to me. Of course, even without those idiotic actions to define them, they would already automatically be douchebags for being politicians.
My bad, I honestly missread and though he was talking about the dead troops.
Codjumper.com's Youtube! - For all your CoDJumping needs!
[18:43] The President: plus i'm downloading a map called <will obviously not quote that>
[18:43] The President: how gay is that
[18:43] Damselflies<3MyDog: almost as much as matty
[18:43] The President: nah not that much
[18:44] Damselflies<3MyDog: rofl

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » February 23rd, 2010, 12:24 am

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:A hell of a lot of nukes are needed then.

Technically it would only be the Middle East that would need to be nuked as they are the fanatical ones. If everyone combined their nukes together we would easily have more than enough to take them out. Also, since you seem to haughtily disagree with me, what is your solution to dealing with this unrivaled fanaticism?
ImageImageImage

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » February 23rd, 2010, 12:40 am

Solution to worlds problems:
Stop giving a shit.

Worked for me.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » February 23rd, 2010, 1:02 am

Soviet wrote:
[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:A hell of a lot of nukes are needed then.

Technically it would only be the Middle East that would need to be nuked as they are the fanatical ones. If everyone combined their nukes together we would easily have more than enough to take them out. Also, since you seem to haughtily disagree with me, what is your solution to dealing with this unrivaled fanaticism?
There isn't any.

Like you said. They keep coming and coming and coming.

The only way to really get rid of it is indeed nuke the hell out of it (And then the innocents suffer). It's the same in Afghanistan/Iraq, LOADS of people value the troops, but a selection of retards fucks it up for every single person in those countries.

matt101harris
PC Team
PC Team

Post by matt101harris » February 23rd, 2010, 1:34 am

PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: put your cock away, you sick man
Matty@CoDJumper.com: hahaha
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: (while i whip mine out)
Matty@CoDJumper.com: lol
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: just kidding
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: ... i don't have one :(

Azabael
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Azabael » February 23rd, 2010, 11:35 am

Nuke the hell out of it? Now that's realistic.

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » February 23rd, 2010, 4:09 pm

Reminds me of the Holocaust tbh. Way too extreme.

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » February 23rd, 2010, 4:42 pm

The countermeasures are extreme because the thing that we are talking about countering is the most extreme thing there is. The idea I proposed is the only one so far that is technically possible because there really is no other solution. I already said I don't support doing it at this stage so unless you have another idea for solving the issue, why debate it further?
ImageImageImage