Whats your IQ (from IQTest.com)

General chat area for anything whatsoever

Moderator: Core Staff

Coontang
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Re: Whats your IQ (from IQTest.com)

Post by Coontang » February 19th, 2010, 11:54 pm

I wish to take an official test one day....
JDogg: 'I have a video of me pissing, wanna see?'

Azabael
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Azabael » February 20th, 2010, 12:05 am

It's nice to know. But don't overrate it. You're still the same person. :)

Coontang
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Coontang » February 20th, 2010, 12:17 am

Azabael wrote:It's nice to know. But don't overrate it. You're still the same person. :)
:P I don't know, I think it can give a huge morale and confidence boost, knowing intelligence. Makes me want to punch myself in the face for messing around in classes :x
JDogg: 'I have a video of me pissing, wanna see?'

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » February 20th, 2010, 12:34 am

I suppose it is what you value, but the kind of intelligence that will get you far in school is not really something to be proud of in my opinion. If you take a look at the vast majority of the people in the higher level classes they're just as stupid and senseless as the people in the lower levels, the only difference is how much money they are going to end up making. Half of them don't even have a shred of common sense and even more have absolutely no individuality, they're just a bunch of cookie cutter citizens that will spend their life making lots of money, but being dull in every sense of the word. True intelligence comes in the form of common sense, individuality, empathy, the ability to think rationally on things that matter, and the ability to look past the utterly simplistic and disgusting thing that is society. Only when a person has achieved freedom from the majority who follow the latest news story, trend, or religion can they really be deemed intelligent; otherwise, all they have is book smarts.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

Azabael
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Azabael » February 20th, 2010, 12:42 am

jimbojetuk wrote:
Azabael wrote:It's nice to know. But don't overrate it. You're still the same person. :)
:P I don't know, I think it can give a huge morale and confidence boost, knowing intelligence. Makes me want to punch myself in the face for messing around in classes :x
I remember I felt kind of relieved when I got the result of the test. It gives you an insight in yourself so you can know yourself better. It can tell you why you're the way you are. As you say, it can give a huge morale. Beware it doesn't make you arrogant. I have a little confession in that context. I think I possess a slight form of arrogance. But when I look around me, I see more people with the same problem. I'm not arrogant at all, but I do have some form of it in some ways.

Any thoughts/confessions?

On a sidenote, I fully agree with Soviet's post. Well-said.

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » February 20th, 2010, 1:49 am

Soviet wrote:I suppose it is what you value, but the kind of intelligence that will get you far in school is not really something to be proud of in my opinion. If you take a look at the vast majority of the people in the higher level classes they're just as stupid and senseless as the people in the lower levels, the only difference is how much money they are going to end up making. Half of them don't even have a shred of common sense and even more have absolutely no individuality, they're just a bunch of cookie cutter citizens that will spend their life making lots of money, but being dull in every sense of the word. True intelligence comes in the form of common sense, individuality, empathy, the ability to think rationally on things that matter, and the ability to look past the utterly simplistic and disgusting thing that is society. Only when a person has achieved freedom from the majority who follow the latest news story, trend, or religion can they really be deemed intelligent; otherwise, all they have is book smarts.
+1.

This reminds me of the classes which I am in, and how much effort I put into them compared to other people. I believe in the United States there is a "gifted" program for school children (it could be just my state, but I never bothered to look into it), and if you score above a certain level on a test which they give you, you can be put into that program. From what I understand, if you score in the 98th percentile or better (it might depend on the county/state), then you are placed into this gifted program. I took the test in 4th grade, passed, and found out that this "gifted" program put you into separate classrooms to be taught at a "higher level" than the other students. I stayed in it until this year (11th grade), when I decided to drop out of the classes because the people inside of those classes were just horrible. Nearly all of them were people with no lives who studied all the time to get perfect grades, and it was very depressing to watch it happen. Personally, I haven't put any more than 30 minutes a day of effort into school from home (and most days, I don't even look at school work while at home), yet I'm still getting 80%'s and better in my classes (At the moment, I am taking three college level classes, otherwise known as Advanced Placement class, along with 3 "honors" level classes which has a difficulty between regular classes and gifted classes). All of my friends are in the same classes as me (some who were also accepted into the gifted program), and they agree with me when it comes to gifted classes. They are basically for people who aren't too fun to be around. I prefer people who are deemed "less intelligent" by my school system because at least they have fun with their lives. I don't know where I was going with this, but that's all I have to say for now :D.

EDIT: For a better understanding of what I was talking about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gifted_education
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together."
"A still more glorious dawn awaits- not a sun rise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with four hundred billion suns: the rising of The Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: infinate
[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: u r smarter than me

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » February 20th, 2010, 1:56 am

That much dedication then means that much dedication for the rest of your life. I'd rather be middle of the line money-wise and be happy than be some douche bag like Bill Gates with billions of dollars that still isn't happy.
ImageImageImage

Azabael
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Azabael » February 20th, 2010, 2:03 am

Soviet wrote:That much dedication then means that much dedication for the rest of your life. I'd rather be middle of the line money-wise and be happy than be some douche bag like Bill Gates with billions of dollars that still isn't happy.
Once again, I agree.

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » February 20th, 2010, 2:16 am

KillerSam wrote:
Soviet wrote:That much dedication then means that much dedication for the rest of your life.
A lot of people find challenging themselves and achieving well is rewarding however. Anybody can flip burgers for $4 an hour but it doesn't mean it will be any fun or in anyway rewarding.
$4 seems a bit low. Did they lower minimum wage again? :lol:.

What I plan on doing in life is nothing that requires "gifted" education in any way, and if I can get A's in college level classes without too much dedication, then I don't really care. As long as I can get into a half-decent college and eventually major in something to get a mediocre career, then I will be happy and have a sense of accomplishment in my life. I know what I am giving up in order to live this lifestyle, but that's my choice, and I will have to live with the thought of what I could have been for the rest of my life.
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together."
"A still more glorious dawn awaits- not a sun rise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with four hundred billion suns: the rising of The Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: infinate
[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: u r smarter than me

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » February 20th, 2010, 2:33 am

KillerSam wrote:
Soviet wrote:That much dedication then means that much dedication for the rest of your life.
A lot of people find challenging themselves and achieving well is rewarding however. Anybody can flip burgers for $4 an hour but it doesn't mean it will be any fun or in anyway rewarding.
It's rewarding, but it doesn't bring happiness. I would rather live in a one bedroom apartment my entire life having fun and being happy with someone I love than sitting on billions of dollars and never being happy because I always have that craving for a sense of achievement. Success is as addicting as anything else in the world, and it will ruin your life just like any other addiction; even if it doesn't appear that way from the outside. You've already taken the first step down that path in equating someone's life to the job they do. A job is just that, a job.

This is also the fundamental reason I hate capitalism, it creates this philosophy that making money is the ultimate goal. It's something that is bred into all of us as children even more so than religion or political ideology. Unfortunately, that fundamental aspect of capitalistic society will never bring anyone happiness or actual satisfaction.
ImageImageImage

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » February 20th, 2010, 3:00 am

KillerSam wrote:Remember that education doesn't actually take that long compared to the impact it has on the rest on your life. It's better to invest your time into it while you are there anyway, than it would be to muck about and end up earning less money and having to work more hours for the rest of your life.
Is that why you didn't put much effort into your exams? :roll:

BlueDamselfly
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by BlueDamselfly » February 20th, 2010, 5:48 am

KillerSam wrote:In my opinion however, it is better to be one of the "not so fun to be around" people for a few years and get yourself into a good career, than it is to be a "fun person" heading towards a dead end job for the rest of their life.
I honestly fully agree with you.

I had the same discussion with a few friends at school today, honestly, so what if you're not the "fun person" while you're 16 years old, and actually have to waste more than 2-3 hours a day doing homeworks to get some good grades and manage to get your dream job? You'll still be young once you'll be around 21, you'll therefore still be able to be a "fun person", besides you'll be done with university and will also be paid incredibly well. Indeed, money doesnt bring happiness, although it helps it, and studying for something that you really want to will not make you unhappy. I truely fully believe that people with no ambition are simply lazy and do not believe enough in theirselves to actually achieve their dreams. Why wouldn't you get something great that you're able to get anyway? seems rather senseless to me. Let's also not forget that, you'll mostly likely have children once you'll be a bit older, do you really want them to live in poor conditions, as you're career forces you to, or would you prefer to be able to offer them everything they need to grow up safely?
Codjumper.com's Youtube! - For all your CoDJumping needs!
[18:43] The President: plus i'm downloading a map called <will obviously not quote that>
[18:43] The President: how gay is that
[18:43] Damselflies<3MyDog: almost as much as matty
[18:43] The President: nah not that much
[18:44] Damselflies<3MyDog: rofl

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » February 20th, 2010, 7:38 am

Yeah, either laziness or depression :roll: I can promise you, it is more than a simple mindset issue. Like all spiral effects in humans, it is something that builds up over time until it eventually becomes a chronic, inescapable thing that consumes your life and defeats your will to do anything including things you love. Be grateful you don't have to deal with it.

What it comes down to is whether or not you play by the system and to what degree, it's by no means black and white. If you're a "gifted and talented" drone that spends your life in advanced placement classes, your life will be a dull, monotonous, and unloving one. On the opposite end, if you're like a large part of students nowadays, you'll end up flipping burgers and hanging out with your "homees" until you get killed in a drive by. Either way you're unhappy, in fact the rich are typically more unhappy.

While it is true, having money does allow you to get bigger and better things, it also increases lust, greed, selfishness, and many other of the nastiest aspects of human nature. Your ego will become so inflated and your desire for more will become so overpowering that your entire life will be spent trying to be better, even after you can't become any better. It's a vicious cycle that is easily visible throughout the world.

On the opposite end of the spectrum the terrible students will live lives based on instinct. They will (not unlike the rich) fail to think for themselves. They will lead relatively mediocre lives emotionally but have a higher chance of finding happiness (even though their lifespan is decreased).

If you choose either one of those labels for yourself, or any in between for that matter you'll end up being a part of the system, and in doing so your life will be committed to a flawed concept and thus your life will ultimately be flawed and unsatisfying. Of course, you shouldn't be like hippies and totally reject the system either, that really gets you nowhere as it is once again an extreme. Recognize the system, understand the system, take advantage of the system, but never allow yourself to be absorbed in it. This means not becoming an extreme. No person can resist the psychological pull of an extreme situation. If you're always studying you fall into the system and vice versa.

The key to everything is balance, I really can't describe it better than Buddhism can and it is 100% true, the second you fall to an extreme, no matter how good or bad it may be, you begin a spiral towards inescapable ruin in some form or another.
ImageImageImage

Mooselflies
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!
PSN ID: mooselflies

Post by Mooselflies » February 20th, 2010, 9:46 am

right my iq isn't 134 i barely understand what you guys write

+i'm dyselxic

matt101harris
PC Team
PC Team

Post by matt101harris » February 20th, 2010, 11:47 am

i got bored after the 8th question.. (at least i lasted that long tbh).
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: put your cock away, you sick man
Matty@CoDJumper.com: hahaha
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: (while i whip mine out)
Matty@CoDJumper.com: lol
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: just kidding
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: ... i don't have one :(