Modern Warfare 2 (Loads of text!)

Chat area specifically for CoDJumper

Moderator: Core Staff

Louw
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Re: Modern Warfare 2 (Loads of text!)

Post by Louw » January 25th, 2010, 7:05 pm

mwf2 sucks for not having dedicated servers, if cod6 had dedi's and was non steam it would have 3times as much players,

btw perks suck on both games promod ftw!

WorldDomoNation
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by WorldDomoNation » January 25th, 2010, 10:07 pm

tbh i haven't been bothered to read most of the posts in this thread, due to the fact that i simply don't play cod anymore in general, but i would like to disagree with Louw.

Obviously it would be better if MW2 had dedicated servers, but i think you've gone too far when you say it would be better non-steam. Steam is an amazing program, I honestly can't find one disadvantage to steam (although there are probably a handful) and the advantages are countless. One of these advantages is VAC, which is infinitely better than punkbuster.
that's a nice pic and all, but out of all the pictures you could have taken why'd you take a picture of a plant? :P
-Soviet
Because plants have some really small details. If a plant comes out nice in a photo, you have yourself a good camera ;)
-Drofder 2004
Yes, but if boobs come out really well in a photo you have a picture of boobs :wink:
-Soviet
Discussing Marshall's new camera lol^

Quit Humping And Start Jumping!

waywaaaard
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by waywaaaard » January 25th, 2010, 10:28 pm

Nah I like Steam now. It improved a lot and the update options for the games are neat.
THAT HANDS WERE NOT TRACED!
visit my blog: Link
Soviet wrote:Yeah, watch out, Peds will hit you with his +5 D-Battleaxe of homosexuality :roll:

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » January 25th, 2010, 11:34 pm

Steam is quite amazing, any issues with VAC are solely the fault of IW being a bunch of bulbous, seeping genital warts.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » January 26th, 2010, 2:26 pm

I think MW2 is great but i cant beat CoD4.
Im so used to CoD4 now that MW2 looked a bit lame. And many ppl say it sucks. But it actually is a great game, CoD4 is just better.
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » January 26th, 2010, 10:00 pm

I'm pretty sure that if it had dedicated servers many people would like it. But yeh, probably not as good as CoD4 (Which I enjoyed tremendously). That would probably bring the option to remove optional stuff like killstreaks. Although I don't really care anymore since I know how to counter it anyway.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

aicaramba
Past/Inactive Team Member
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by aicaramba » January 26th, 2010, 10:32 pm

Ive been playing CoD:UO a lot lately.. The smoothness, fluency and natural feeling of it just cant be beaten by cod4 (and probably not mw2 either). Less=more.
Come to think of it, since cod1 I havent played any 'good' new games at all.. By good I mean really good, like fun to start with and fun to play it after you've got over 1000 hours on it.. Of course I havent played all games, so may have missed a rare beauty.
P.S.V. Kampioen!

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » January 26th, 2010, 11:01 pm

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:I'm pretty sure that if it had dedicated servers many people would like it. But yeh, probably not as good as CoD4 (Which I enjoyed tremendously). That would probably bring the option to remove optional stuff like killstreaks. Although I don't really care anymore since I know how to counter it anyway.
If it had dedicated servers I would have probably got it.

matt101harris
PC Team
PC Team

Post by matt101harris » January 26th, 2010, 11:05 pm

Ok before i start (don't worry it will be about 10 words :D) im not a strong reader, but i got the just of things. i bought the game the day after it came out, racked up about a days playing time and it is the biggest waste of time ever imo :D. #1 you cant jump (except strafe, but gets boring) #2 everybody camps (like on console) #3 they all use the worst perks (noob 1's like Last stand/noob tubes/uav jammer, all the noobie 1's) #4 it is always laggy, even if you are host, there will always be at least 1 laggy person there that is always impossible to shoot. And #5 the game play absolutely sucks, with a combination of all the above, it just makes the game a terrible game to play :D Thats my opinion anyway and im shore the same as many others :D.
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: put your cock away, you sick man
Matty@CoDJumper.com: hahaha
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: (while i whip mine out)
Matty@CoDJumper.com: lol
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: just kidding
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: ... i don't have one :(

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » January 26th, 2010, 11:15 pm

First of all, it's not a jumping game. It sucks that we can't jump, but that doesn't mean anything for the gameplay.

But as far as gameplay concerns I actually find it moving a lot smoother than on CoD4.

Yes there's plenty of campers. That's why I play intense gamemode CTF only with instant respawns. Had one game of Hardcore. Now that is actually a massive campfest. I ragequitted after 5 minutes because it was so horrible. Campers is not a console thing. That's just bullshit. It happens as much on both versions.

As for perks etc. I agree. I use toob just to level my weapon. But some people have the fucking thing out and camp a doorway. Those suckers are horrible. But when I see people clearing rooms with it (Not walking with the launcher out) then I don't mind.

Last Stand I never understood. That's just annoying.

UAV Jammer is pointless. It's a massice 'I'M CLOSE!!' hint.

matt101harris
PC Team
PC Team

Post by matt101harris » January 27th, 2010, 12:58 am

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:First of all, it's not a jumping game. It sucks that we can't jump, but that doesn't mean anything for the gameplay.

But as far as gameplay concerns I actually find it moving a lot smoother than on CoD4.

Yes there's plenty of campers. That's why I play intense gamemode CTF only with instant respawns. Had one game of Hardcore. Now that is actually a massive campfest. I ragequitted after 5 minutes because it was so horrible. Campers is not a console thing. That's just bullshit. It happens as much on both versions.

As for perks etc. I agree. I use toob just to level my weapon. But some people have the fucking thing out and camp a doorway. Those suckers are horrible. But when I see people clearing rooms with it (Not walking with the launcher out) then I don't mind.

Last Stand I never understood. That's just annoying.

UAV Jammer is pointless. It's a massice 'I'M CLOSE!!' hint.
that is the exact reason why i don't play it :D
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: put your cock away, you sick man
Matty@CoDJumper.com: hahaha
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: (while i whip mine out)
Matty@CoDJumper.com: lol
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: just kidding
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: ... i don't have one :(

runescare
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by runescare » January 27th, 2010, 1:19 pm

I mean its a great game but my heart is just with cod 4. The game doesnt have the hardness of 4. it is way easier to get to lvl 70 then to 55 in four. Also they have the nooby perks like they said. Its just too easy compared to other games. Ive played around 4 days on it before i quit and i got to 3rd prestige. And my friend got to 5th/.
Gaming is the entertainment, glitching provides the action.

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » January 27th, 2010, 1:26 pm

aicaramba wrote:Ive been playing CoD:UO a lot lately.. The smoothness, fluency and natural feeling of it just cant be beaten by cod4 (and probably not mw2 either). Less=more.
Come to think of it, since cod1 I havent played any 'good' new games at all.. By good I mean really good, like fun to start with and fun to play it after you've got over 1000 hours on it.. Of course I havent played all games, so may have missed a rare beauty.
I have nearly 1.4k hours on cod4 and I still love playing it :). I wasn't here for CoD, CoD:UO, or CoD2, but I did buy CoD2 for a fairly cheap price and actually liked it more than CoD4. I would still be playing that now if it were not dead, but I can see how and why many people believe that previous CoD games were better because they were simpler.
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together."
"A still more glorious dawn awaits- not a sun rise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with four hundred billion suns: the rising of The Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: infinate
[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: u r smarter than me

ultralala
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!
Steam: ultralala

Post by ultralala » January 27th, 2010, 3:18 pm

I give MW2 a try again when Teknogods finished their work on Dedi servers.

Our TODO-list is pretty short now! Currently we’re working on:

* Master server code (for server list)
* No-render mode for dedicated server
* LAN host info socket
* Rendering server browser window as overlay (it’s a separate window at the moment)

"Release is sooner then u might think"

http://teknogods.com/?p=376
I've been watching you
A lalalala long
A lalalala long long lee long long long

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » January 27th, 2010, 5:41 pm

I rather not get banned.