IMPORTANT: SENDING IN YOUR DEMOS

Forum for all kinds of CoD jumps.

Moderator: Core Staff

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

IMPORTANT: SENDING IN YOUR DEMOS

Post by Pedsdude » November 27th, 2005, 2:21 pm

If you would like to send in a demo file for the CoDJumper.com team to upload to the website, then please follow the instructions below:

Record a demo of your find
Make sure you record a demo of your jump/nadejump/nadethrow. Your demo must abide by the rules stated on the website, otherwise there is a chance it may not be uploaded. If you are having any trouble with recording then please read the Demos : All you need to know! topic in the Support forum.

Take a screenshot
To make life much easier for the person who is uploading your demo, we insist that you include a screenshot which roughly shows what the jump is (so if it is a nade throw then take a screenshot of where the grenade exploded, so that people know where on the map it is). You will notice that all the screenshots on the website are small - don't worry about resizing the image, the CoDJumper.com team member can easily do that, so feel free to send it as an 800x600 image file etc (although if you really want to resize it, the size is 150x115 pixels).

Put them together
Once you have got your demo file and your screenshot, please place them in a compressed folder (i.e. .zip, .rar etc) so that they are clearly meant to be together. If you are sending more than one demo at a time then please name the demo and screenshot files the same so that the person accepting your demos knows which image goes with which demo.

Who to send them to
If you want your demo/s on the site, first of all you need to find out who accepts demos. Check the Submit page to see who accepts CoD demos, who accepts CoDUO demos and who accepts CoD2 demos, then e-mail your demo file/s to a relevant person. Please only send your demo/s to one person, don't send it to everyone in the hopes that it will increase your chances of getting on the site.

How to send them
You have 2 choices. You can e-mail the demo/s to a CoDJumper.com team member or you can upload them somewhere, then e-mail the link to a CoDJumper.com team member. Either way is fine, although just e-mailing the demo is probably the easiest option. If you would like to know some places to upload files for free, then read the Wanna upload your demos for free? topic.

Getting credit
If you would like to get credit for your demo then make sure you say your username in the e-mail. Don't expect the person receiving your demo to work out your username from what your e-mail address is.

Hopefully this topic has solved all of your queries on the matter of uploading demos. If you have any further questions then feel free to post in the Support forum.

Ownia
Past/Inactive Team Member
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by Ownia » November 27th, 2005, 9:16 pm

P.S

DO NOT send the demos via MSN or other messenger clients please.

Inferiority of the voice inside made me turn my back on...

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » November 29th, 2005, 2:11 am

Also, please try and send all you jumps in ONE email. If you have more than one jump, as suggested, zip or rar them up and send them.

Multiple emails makes it harder for us to sort through.
and as stated (the biggest problem I hav had so far) - Make sure you tell us what you want your name as!
(I have a folder of about 20 demos, that I will have to try and find names for :/)
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010