So. Much. Nostalgia.

Chat area specifically for CoDJumper

Moderator: Core Staff

_Rush_
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

So. Much. Nostalgia.

Post by _Rush_ » July 7th, 2014, 2:13 am

I don't even remember how I rediscovered Codjumper today but I'm feeling an incredible amount of nostalgia though.
Been quite a few years I've been away, life has changed in many ways and when I was watching those old cod4 videos on the youtube channel today all the memories came floating back.
I have over 50 days of gameplay for CoD4 on the PS3. That was before I bought my gaming pc in 2008 and spent my entire summer on the codjumper servers.
I remember back then, a few of the really popular jumpers, (like the guys you'd see on the servers in the pub maps doing crazy jumps) were I think "!MpC!" and "Matty" one of them maybe "DanTheMan"
Ah those were the days.. I mostly spent a lot of my time on those custom maps trying to make it to the end. Dan's maps always being the hardest but I made it though.
Also the old-school server was so easy but there was always so many more people on that one than the normal servers.
Don't really know what else to say other than my little nostalgia rant, and if this is just pure stupidity and spam then you can delete it and ban me, but hey, long time no see errrrrbody.
:D

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: So. Much. Nostalgia.

Post by Pedsdude » July 7th, 2014, 10:37 am

Glad to see it's brought back so many good memories :)

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: So. Much. Nostalgia.

Post by Rezil » July 8th, 2014, 5:44 pm

I feel the same way every time I decide to go through my old jump map development threads. You can actually see the improvement through the screenshots. It really is hard to believe I started mapping seven and a half years ago(August 28th, 2006) and that I still visit this forum, open Radiant every now and then and once in a blue moon actually finish a jump map.

Old habits die hard I suppose. At this rate I'll beat Nightmares map count by the time I'm 50. :)
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.