DayZ ?! (Arma 2 + Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead)

Discussion for other PC and console games

Moderator: Core Staff

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DayZ ?! (Arma 2 + Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead)

Post by Pedsdude » February 28th, 2013, 11:08 pm

Have they given an expected release date yet?

Sonic
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Sonic » April 24th, 2013, 8:25 am

Not sure where this is going honestly, some things seem improved although it still looks extremely laggy - and that without any players at all. Also it seems like they're trying to take things way too far as they mentioned at first that they wanted players to be able to create their own underground hide-out and have dogs and such, but now they're talking about being able to trace fingerprints.. being able to craft your own goodies.. and more.

The interface on your inventory or 'pack' is completely changing as well, they are changing it to a similar style as Minecraft has where you can drag your objects down onto a bar and quick access them with key binds (1 to 0).

The only few good improvements I've seen so far is the zombie tracking, they don't look as buggy as they did before and they seem to run a lot smoother. Also the loot spawn positions seem more realistic, you actually need to search for it now. Also, zombies spawn everywhere around the map now and not only if a player is near a building or whatever - which is definitely an improvement to me but it will also have it's negative affect because of lag. And that's pretty much it.

Definitely don't see this being released soon, if it releases end 2013 it should be considered early imo. Not as excited as I were before about this game any more.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » April 24th, 2013, 11:00 pm

Few notes:
- Still seems to have laggy movement
- Textures in the distance have clear "pop-in"
- I hope FX isn't finalised
- Serverside Zombie AI - Cannot be hacked, but can be laggy.
- The "fingerprint" system, I do not believe he meant literally - as in CSI. More likely just a name to say the game acknowledges an items history - who created it/used it.

I assume this is still early alpha and in this condition, I do not expect to see this in 2013.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010