matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Re: Battlefield 3

Post by F |Madness| U » October 30th, 2011, 10:50 pm

KillerSam wrote:
I like good players to own, and shit players to get raped :lol:
Amen, that's how it should be. Most of the time you're only going to be a good player and own once you've played the game a fair bit, in which case you deserve to own. You shouldn't have to get screwed over by shit players who have handicaps *cough deathstreaks*.
-

<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by <LT>YosemiteSam[NL] » October 30th, 2011, 10:59 pm

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:Besides, you haven't played the MP, the most important aspect of the game.
I disagree, I love the SP more in games than the whole multiplayer. Specialy in this game ..mainly cause of the graphics and feel of it.
But I totaly agree with Drof on forcing the stats stuff on the players, it should be their decision.
Also agree with Killersam .... practise is what MP is all about. If you don't practise you don't win....easy as that.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » October 31st, 2011, 2:29 am

Played MP all day pretty much, SP was a little short and the story a little too similar to every other FPS Modern Shooter but still very nicely done in most places.

MP has its goods and bads.
Some of the maps are causing server lag and some maps are just bottleneck heaven but the are a few gem maps in there also.
Weapons all feel great, RPGs are the current "noob tubes" as they do a lot of damage and you start with a fair amount.

Multiplayer browser is total shit in comparison to CoD4, but at least it isn't forced matchmaking and you actualy get a choice of what you want...

Vehicles seems about right for power, possibly a little weak for jets due to lock on rockets + limited flares.

---
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » October 31st, 2011, 7:53 am

See. Bunch of pussies complaining and then stating they'd like it :D I was expecting it somewhat.

And to Sam: It's all about the MP, what I mean with that is that's where the true game starts. You beat the SP once, maybe twice to find secrets and then you hop to MP. Some people hop to MP first ofc but I like to do the SP first and get used to the controlls.
KillerSam wrote:
[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:I loved BC2 :P
I liked it, it's just a bit of a painful class based game in that the aerial vehicles were made very weak to keep it "balanced" e.t.c. It just meant that it felt too arcade because even the best players were left very vulnerable against other peoples unlocks.

I like good players to own, and shit players to get raped :lol:
Aerial vehicles weren't weak. They are only weak vs good players. But they were horrible at the start due to flares not working on vehicles. But once flares were working me and a friend I used to play with often were raping like crazy (Pop flares, hide and let it recharge ftw). But the AA-gun was OP. The accuracy is range was insane and it pushed your helicopter down, often not dying by the AA-gun but because of the crash.

I also disagree with the OP weapons but again, it was there at the start (M60 springs to mind, everybody used it). But if you hop into BC2 now there's no ZOMG THAT WEAPON IS OP weapon :P

Also I forgot to mention that shotguns can still be used like a sniper rifle which is retarded. It still hasn't been fixed. Is that also around in BF3?

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » November 22nd, 2011, 2:11 am

Well maybe you shouldn't have unlocked it so fast :P
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

Sonic
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Sonic » November 28th, 2011, 8:16 pm

Gulf of Oman was my favorite map on Battlefield 2 :)
Looks good.

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » November 28th, 2011, 8:30 pm

Sad they didn't bring back Valparaiso for BF3. That's one of the best FPS maps I ever played.