How To Make Movies

Have a question you need to ask? Need help? Ask here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Shadow007
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

How To Make Movies

Post by Shadow007 » February 19th, 2006, 5:44 pm

Does some body know how i can record something in cod and then view it with media player? and especialy so i can edit it first. Couse i see lot of "movies" guys made for cod and i can watch them on media player. How can i make one my self? (Ow, i am not the most clever guy :wink: so hope I can do it easy.

mutch thanks....

Koekie
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by Koekie » February 19th, 2006, 5:46 pm

Shadow007
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Shadow007 » February 22nd, 2006, 1:26 pm

thank you very mutch!!! :D i am soon going to try it and let you know if it works for me :wink:

Koekie

Post by Koekie » February 23rd, 2006, 6:24 pm

ok, good luck and have fun ;)

Nightmare
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Nightmare » February 23rd, 2006, 10:33 pm

Those types of things are way to complicated for me

Shadow007
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Shadow007 » March 4th, 2006, 12:44 pm

um .Koek!e" I just tryed it but i have some problems couse I cant find Vegas Video5.0 (you have to buy it) and I checked the other link you gave me and there we could convert TGA to Jpeg but then we needed to convert them into Avi and he sayed he used this http://www.reasoft.com/products/reaconverter/ but I its same probgrame als making TGA to Jpeg and can't convert them to Avi :( . Also the reaconverter is a trialversion so i can only convert 5 items :? . So could you help me a bit out here :( . Or some body. Couse it doesn't realy work for me...

greetz shad again....

Grom

Post by Grom » March 5th, 2006, 2:39 am

Well, there's two methods (there's more, but these are the most used ones) of record movies in AVI, MPG etc.

The first one is to use the ingame method to record a lots of screenshots (cl_avidemo).

The other one is to use a 3rd-party program to record with. For example Fraps
Using Fraps is very easy and gives a good result. But the filesize gets very big when you are recording with Fraps, so you need to compress it with Divx/Xvid or another codec.

But for the first method (cl_avidemo) you need to spend some more time, but the result is better (I recommend using this method).
When you are watching your demo with this command set to 30, a lot of .TGA files will be saved in your Main/screenshots folder.
You need to convert them to .JPG files. Use Reaconverter Pro for this job. (If you dont want to convert 5 files in a row, PM me and we will sort it out :P )

Then you got a bunch of .JPG files, and you need to put all of them together in a moviefile. Use JPGVideo for this job. After you got the moviefile, you can edit it in whatever edit-program you like, such as Vegas, Premiere, Avid FreeDV etc.

Some useful links:

Avid FreeDV
Sony Vegas trial
Reaconverter Pro
JPGVideo
Fraps

Hope this helps :D

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » March 5th, 2006, 2:44 am

Grom maybe you could tell him of some places where they give away free products. :P (In a pm obviously ;))
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Grom

Post by Grom » March 5th, 2006, 2:51 am

Well, most of this programs is free/free trials. The only program I could think of thats handy to register/buy, is the ReaConverter. And if you want to fix it, just PM me :P

Shadow007
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Shadow007 » March 18th, 2006, 11:04 am

jeeej :D
It works thanks guys :wink:

Post by Guest » April 1st, 2006, 6:12 pm

umm :lol: i have made binds so i can slow down the demo or make screenshots BUT when i press one of those buttons then i get to see the menu :? and i have to press "back to game". if i don't use binds i have to get console down and type every thing and that cost time and you see the console in the demo. Does somebody umm has a idea. (and thanks again for helping me the first time :wink: )

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » April 1st, 2006, 8:46 pm

Grom wrote:And if you want to fix it, just PM me :P
Are you suggesting illegal activity? :roll:

I'd love to make a CoD movie, but my pc sucks so much and has barely any free space :(

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » April 1st, 2006, 9:00 pm

Pedsdude wrote:Are you suggesting illegal activity? :roll:
Of course he isnt... :roll:
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » April 2nd, 2006, 1:43 pm

Ah ok, had me worried for a second there. I think I'll go play around on my $649 version of Adobe Photoshop CS2, which I purchased of course :roll:

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » April 2nd, 2006, 1:45 pm

Pedsdude wrote:Ah ok, had me worried for a second there. I think I'll go play around on my $649 version of Adobe Photoshop CS2, which I purchased of course :roll:
ah, lucky you. Ive only bought photoshop cs. I can't find a good place to buy cs2 :roll:
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude