What do you need to get good FPS COD4

Have a question you need to ask? Need help? Ask here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Danniorn96
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

What do you need to get good FPS COD4

Post by Danniorn96 » February 5th, 2014, 6:22 pm

Hey, i have a question, what do i need to have good fps? i read somewhere that COD4 doesnt need alot of cpu power only gpu.. i upgraeded my gpu and got 20 fps boost but now i can have my game in best quality without fps drop.
So i wonder, isnt it my cpu holding my fps bacK? I would like to be able to get 333+ so far i have 125 most of times but on strike and few other maps i crawl into the 250 when i have everything closed. So what do i need to upgrade?

Motherboard: MSI MS-7309
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ (@ 2.41GHz)
Graphics card: Radeon HD 5750
RAM: 3GB

Please help a noob in need :oops:

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What do you need to get good FPS COD4

Post by Pedsdude » February 6th, 2014, 12:20 am

I would suggest just lowering your graphics settings (resolution has a great impact). You don't really need it in highest quality settings for jumping, or indeed shooting (in fact, I find that much lower graphics settings allows me to see enemies clearer in promod).

Danniorn96
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Danniorn96 » February 6th, 2014, 8:36 am

Pedsdude wrote:I would suggest just lowering your graphics settings (resolution has a great impact). You don't really need it in highest quality settings for jumping, or indeed shooting (in fact, I find that much lower graphics settings allows me to see enemies clearer in promod).
thank you for the reply, but my fps doesnt change if i lower res
when i have everything turend on i get 125-150 all turned off 125-250MAX (only strugglin to get 250 and mosten times BOUT 180-200) so im just wondering if i could improve fps by updating 1 thing in my rig, or would i need to get a better everything.
i was suggested to buy more ram, but i dont see that heæping since cod4 only supports about 2gb max.

Sonic
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Sonic » February 6th, 2014, 11:59 am

Not sure if you're on about CoD4 in general or just CoDJumper, if CoDJumper have you tried disabling some fx and turning on fullbright?

Also what config are you using? have you tried a FPS config such as YITCH ?

Danniorn96
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Danniorn96 » February 6th, 2014, 12:44 pm

im talkin about cod4 in general, in codjumper i can get 333 easilly, but i want can help to boost my fps, ive tried fps config and there is no diffrence in fps (from -20 to +10 fps change) and i want good texture and native res, will rather have that instead of 10fps+ but ive tried everything and i think the next step is buying some hardware, and my baisic question is

what is needed to be upgraded for constant 250 or 333 in normal cod4

i think my self that its the cpu thats bottlenecking cod4 but i heard that cod4 runs mostly on gpu

can i upgrade 1 piece of hardware to get 250-333 fps?

thank you for your answers tough :mrgreen: