Help with recording cinematics [COD4]

Have a question you need to ask? Need help? Ask here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Sky
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Re: Help with recording cinematics [COD4]

Post by Sky » January 23rd, 2014, 2:21 pm

Pedsdude wrote:
Sky wrote:I'd be more inclined to use binds than scripts, but does the bind move the camera in increments of 10 degrees? Or does it move it smoothly between those increments?
If you press the key once, it will move once. If you hold the key, it will continue to move until you let go.

I'm fairly sure it's immediate rather than smooth, but if you're doing it quite fast and at 10 degree intervals then I would be surprised if it didn't look smooth anyway. You could always drop the angle increment down until you're satisfied.

As I say, the script would be a better bet if you want it to end up at a specific angle at the end rather than holding the key, letting go, and missing the point at which you wanted it to stop. Also, I made the script at 1 degree intervals, so it should be perfectly smooth.
Awesome! Thanks!

I'll give it a try.

EDIT: Works like a charm :)

One question though, is there a way I can set the distance the camera is away from the character? It seems really far out and I'm looking for a close up, preferably through physical distance rather than making the fov smaller, but I'll see what that looks like too.

Thanks again!

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » January 23rd, 2014, 6:41 pm

Glad (and relieved) it's working!
Sky wrote:One question though, is there a way I can set the distance the camera is away from the character? It seems really far out and I'm looking for a close up, preferably through physical distance rather than making the fov smaller, but I'll see what that looks like too.
As per my earlier post:
/cg_thirdPersonRange (not sure on range of this one, maybe 0 to 1000)

Sky
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Sky » February 9th, 2014, 11:18 pm

Pedsdude wrote:Glad (and relieved) it's working!
Sky wrote:One question though, is there a way I can set the distance the camera is away from the character? It seems really far out and I'm looking for a close up, preferably through physical distance rather than making the fov smaller, but I'll see what that looks like too.
As per my earlier post:
/cg_thirdPersonRange (not sure on range of this one, maybe 0 to 1000)
Ah I keep getting distracted by real life stuff and forget about this thread.

Thank you so much though!