Computer help

Have a question you need to ask? Need help? Ask here!

Moderator: Core Staff

iGeNeTiiX
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Computer help

Post by iGeNeTiiX » May 17th, 2013, 4:15 pm

Hey, well basically I have no clue what's going on... My FPS was perfectly fine a little while ago, but now it's really jumpy/jolty. Every second it drops from 250 to about 100 and this is constant, it does this every second all the way through the game.

I've done a speedtest and it comes out as this.

I can also see it jumping on the lagometer, the blue bar should be constantly moving fluently however it's not. It goes fast, then it slows down for like a second, speeds up then slows down and just continues this process...

This affects my gameplay on every game. But this problem doesn't have any effect on my ping; my ping remains at ~35.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to sort this out?

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Re: Computer help

Post by F |Madness| U » May 17th, 2013, 7:15 pm

Does the problem persist if you do it in your own server/a server without punkbuster/both?
-

Sonic
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Sonic » May 17th, 2013, 7:36 pm

Funny that you post this, this is was of the main reasons why I choose to reinstall my windows after getting my SSD.
My FPS would drop to below 100 whilst I should be able to get atleast 700-800 FPS while moving around the map.
It also came to the point where my screen would freeze for a second or so on my desktop later on.

No idea what causes it, I was just as confused as you are now.

iGeNeTiiX
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by iGeNeTiiX » May 18th, 2013, 6:30 am

Sonic wrote:Funny that you post this, this is was of the main reasons why I choose to reinstall my windows after getting my SSD.
My FPS would drop to below 100 whilst I should be able to get atleast 700-800 FPS while moving around the map.
It also came to the point where my screen would freeze for a second or so on my desktop later on.

No idea what causes it, I was just as confused as you are now.
That's exactly what's happening to me! Each time I start the game, the screen would freeze for about 5-10 seconds then it would let me play, but with the lag.

Should I re-install windows then?
F |Madness| U wrote:Does the problem persist if you do it in your own server/a server without punkbuster/both?
Nope it's perfectly fine on a devmap, this is how it should be online, fps is perfect and really smooth play no drops at all. It's just when I'm online.

Sonic
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Sonic » May 18th, 2013, 10:50 am

iGeNeTiiX wrote:Should I re-install windows then?
I never managed to find a solution for it and I was going to buy an SSD anyway so that's what I did and everything is working perfectly for me again. :?

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » May 18th, 2013, 2:01 pm

iGeNeTiiX wrote:
F |Madness| U wrote:Does the problem persist if you do it in your own server/a server without punkbuster/both?
Nope it's perfectly fine on a devmap, this is how it should be online, fps is perfect and really smooth play no drops at all. It's just when I'm online.
Try playing on an online server that has punkbuster disabled, if it works fine then I'd recommend manually updating your punkbuster on http://www.evenbalance.com, (I would try doing this anyway), if that doesn't work I don't know what the problem may be, you might have to try Sonic's solution.
-

iGeNeTiiX
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by iGeNeTiiX » May 18th, 2013, 5:41 pm

F |Madness| U wrote:
iGeNeTiiX wrote:
Try playing on an online server that has punkbuster disabled, if it works fine then I'd recommend manually updating your punkbuster on http://www.evenbalance.com, (I would try doing this anyway), if that doesn't work I don't know what the problem may be, you might have to try Sonic's solution.
Sonic wrote:
iGeNeTiiX wrote:Should I re-install windows then?
I never managed to find a solution for it and I was going to buy an SSD anyway so that's what I did and everything is working perfectly for me again. :?
I've just completely re-installed windows, re-installed cod and downloaded the latest pb and it's still happening.

I contacted my ISP today and they said there is nothing wrong, but I can see it still jolting on the lagometer and it's in sync with the fps drops. Idk what it is.

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » May 18th, 2013, 5:47 pm

When you say re-installed cod, have you just got all the default files (no mods/custom maps, custom textures or any other custom files)? Have you tried playing another game with online servers to see if the problem persists there?
-

iGeNeTiiX
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by iGeNeTiiX » May 19th, 2013, 11:54 am

F |Madness| U wrote:When you say re-installed cod, have you just got all the default files (no mods/custom maps, custom textures or any other custom files)? Have you tried playing another game with online servers to see if the problem persists there?
Yeah it was a fresh install from the disc so the only mod I downloaded was promod.

It happens on DayZ too although it's not as bad there. Just every now and again.

Sonic
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Sonic » May 19th, 2013, 11:52 pm

iGeNeTiiX wrote:It happens on DayZ too although it's not as bad there. Just every now and again.
Also had this, guessing you've got the exact same thing I had before.
Used to get like 10 FPS in a big city whilst I get about 50 now after my re-install.