lotus
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Cod4 elevator montage!

Post by lotus » July 23rd, 2009, 9:30 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z54DifKUi0

tell me what you think and plz subscribe :D

used codjumper mod

i kno the quality sucks idc i recorded with xfire and i used 500fps to get to edge so i didnt want to change back to good quality

EDIT:: ok well the dude wanted a tutorial so ill try my best.... heres how to do it on pc. First you want to find a place where you can't stand up and is above ground and you can crouch in it ( a window or something). Crouch and jump on the place where you want to elevate lets say its a window. There are two ways to elevate, ill only explain what i did and you need the cj mod. Move as much as you can to the edge of that window. You will need to move almost exactly on the edge, to do this i usually look stright down, and turn my crosshairs at an angle and move like one unit at a time to the edge. Once on edge(it can take usually 1-10 mins to do this for me) you press the space bar(stand up) if you don't fly up then that means that you are not on the edge so keep trying. If done right, you will fly up onto the building or along the barrier, if you cant get out when it carrys you up or sideways, just start wiggleing(press w and a and d alot).

....Im sorry im not that great at explaining things but i hope that helped
Last edited by lotus on July 24th, 2009, 2:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

DJKanne
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Re: Cod4 elevator montage!

Post by DJKanne » July 23rd, 2009, 9:45 pm

ähmm nice elevators... but i dont really like this elevators (but it has nothing to do with the topic)

BUT.... the quality suckz o.O you used r_fullbright and r_zfar 1000 on a video??? o.O wasnt really good....

Xpayne
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Xpayne » July 23rd, 2009, 10:08 pm

this shit ruined game again...so if you keep this damn elivator then allowed bounce load because its the same as bounce load old times...i am for deleting this elivator from cj servers because odveously if you look carefuly on video you will see that they just load jump :?
I'll take care of checking whether the music is royalty-free or not

Let's save this post.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » July 23rd, 2009, 10:26 pm

How exactly has this got anything to do with the CJ servers or mod?

Elevators work on the console version of the game. I also didn't notice any "Load" messages appear in the corner, yet I saw the damage being displayed.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

lotus
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by lotus » July 23rd, 2009, 10:30 pm

if you have 500 or 1000 fps you move very slowly so you dont need cj mod to do it on pc with that, but for others that get 500 and lower fps its a WHOLE LOT easier to use load to move to edge i dont mind if you remove it from cj.

Xpayne
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Xpayne » July 23rd, 2009, 11:00 pm

so i just relisted..its impossible delete or somehow fix this elivator...
I'll take care of checking whether the music is royalty-free or not

Let's save this post.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Louw
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Louw » July 23rd, 2009, 11:49 pm

how does it work, i cant seem to do it

what buttons do you need to press? just jump or duck jump tell me plz :P

just makes bounces from new spots possible i supose ;) :p

lotus
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by lotus » July 23rd, 2009, 11:59 pm

Louw wrote:how does it work, i cant seem to do it

what buttons do you need to press? just jump or duck jump tell me plz :P

just makes bounces from new spots possible i supose ;) :p
space bar once u at edge

The Dude
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by The Dude » July 24th, 2009, 12:02 am

with 500 fps or with 1000 fps ???

is it so hard to use some more words for a step by step tutorial ???

if somebody find a glitch, jump or something, he share it with all other jumpers - thats the point of this comunity ... or better it WAS the point :(

Ch4vioN
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Ch4vioN » July 24th, 2009, 12:24 am

The Dude wrote:with 500 fps or with 1000 fps ???

if somebody find a glitch, jump or something, he share it with all other jumpers - thats the point of this comunity ... or better it WAS the point :(
i'm quite sure it's any fps he just means it's easier to position with 500 or 1000

lotus
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by lotus » July 24th, 2009, 2:13 am

Ch4vioN wrote:
The Dude wrote:with 500 fps or with 1000 fps ???

i'm quite sure it's any fps he just means it's easier to position with 500 or 1000
333 is good 500 i great but 1000 is definantly better since it makes you move much slower. you want to move as slow as you can to the edge of the window.

The Dude
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by The Dude » July 24th, 2009, 3:05 am

and then ?

must i press a button or move in a direction and press a button or only jump ???

lotus
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by lotus » July 24th, 2009, 3:10 am

The Dude wrote:and then ?

must i press a button or move in a direction and press a button or only jump ???
when u at edge press space and let it take u where ever the elevator takes u, if u wana stop then wiggle

The Dude
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by The Dude » July 24th, 2009, 3:48 am

ty for the tutorial :D

tried it but it wont work for me :cry:

.xD
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by .xD » July 24th, 2009, 5:44 am

I think Ill give a go at trying to explain it, hopefully it will help.

First, you will need to find something off the ground, and that can only be crouched in. A good way to check if you are on the CJ mod is to crouch and save in the window/spot, then get out and load standing up, if you are shot out, it should work as an elevator. You will also need a side wall, in order to edge out.

Now the very boring/frustrating/time consuming/etc. part. Now normally to get to the edge you lean the opposite direction and move out. This however is not the very edge of that lip. This is where you need an edge of something i.e. a Window's sides. At this point you need to not back up with the default S Key, but you are going to need to "Slide" (for lack of a better word) out along the side-section of that window using the default D Key. You may notice that you keep falling even though you are at the very edge, well chances are, you aren't. This is where all the pixel/angle talk is going to start, so get ready.

Note: For this part, I am assuming you are on the Right side of the window, up against the Right Side wall.

You need to look at the ledge you are on and "line-up" the pixels of that ledge. Now this can be hard to see but what I think a good example of what it looks like can be seen in MS Paint. When you draw a Straight Line in paint, then move one point, the line "breaks up" in a way that its still touching, but it isn't a straight line. One Pixel Up means One Break in the line, and one "break" is what you are going to need. Once you have the line straight as can be, you need to turn your mouse literally THE SMALLEST AMOUNT POSSIBLE (One Break)! This is very irritating to get right, and can take a few tries, but once you have the Line that you Straightened with one Break-Point in it ( This could also be seen as the smallest angle to the Straight Line that you lined up, and the new line that you see, that is Rotated/Broken the smallest amount.)

It's a very hard concept to explain, but I hope you guys understand what Im trying to say, so heres a small overview of what you did:
1. Edged out the way you normally would with Leaning
2. Looked Straight down as far as you can (TIP: It helps to Aim down the sights)
3. While looking straight down, you turned so the line of the window is Completely Straight
4. Turned towards the Side you are on as slightly as possible

Now that you have the Line "Broken" or what ever you want to call it as little as possible, you are going to Tap your D Key (You can hold it down if you have a while to go yet) and should notice that you are slowly moving back. Since you have the Line with the smallest amount of breaks as possible, when you "Slide" back, the *one pressing of the key* or one tap of it RIGHT BEFORE you fall of means you are As far out as Physically Possible. This is where you are going to want to save, as now, you should be in the Elevator, and a Simple Spacebar press (Default for jump...) will trigger it.

Im not sure why Game-wise it does this ( Or if anybody does or ever will) but it Does work and If you just cant seem to get it, start the process over! It is very time consuming at first when you are trying to get the hang of it, but when you get it, its kind of funny :D

This is the best I can try to Explain it, and if you need more help, fell free to contact me (Xfire: lolzwutk)!