Cool online game!

General chat area for anything whatsoever

Moderator: Core Staff

The President
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: Cool online game!

Post by The President » April 14th, 2009, 11:19 pm

Infinite wrote:*sigh* I thought this forum was somewhat intelligent.
Explain your very clever post that didn't mean anything then :?

[23:21] Damselflies<3MyDog: :(, you have no heard!
[23:21] Damselflies<3MyDog: head*
[23:21] Damselflies<3MyDog: heart * !
[23:21] Damselflies<3MyDog: ffs that joke failed
[23:21] Damselflies<3MyDog: fuck you :(

[21:11] Damselflies<3MyDog: indeed!
[21:11] Damselflies<3MyDog: mes gay :(
[21:11] Damselflies<3MyDog: i kissed a boy!

[18:02] Damselflies<3MyDog: as far as i kno, men cant be pregnant

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » April 14th, 2009, 11:37 pm

The President wrote:
Infinite wrote:*sigh* I thought this forum was somewhat intelligent.
Explain your very clever post that didn't mean anything then :?
"making a good game doesn't make that game good."

A common definition of "good" is having desirable or positive qualities especially those suitable for a thing specified i.e. "my report card is good". going with that example, a report card can be good no matter what grades are on it. If you fail every class and are rebelling against school and want to make your parents put you in military school (although I do not know what reason a child would do that) then that is a good thing, but it can go the other way too, obviously. In which case, the word "good" is defined by the user. That's all I'll explain, the rest is extremely simple to comprehend, but I doubt that some of you will understand it due to the fact that no one has even opened their mind to more than one possible explanation for the statement, and all of them have been illogical so far (unless you obviously don't understand definitions and are narrow minded).
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together."
"A still more glorious dawn awaits- not a sun rise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with four hundred billion suns: the rising of The Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: infinate
[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: u r smarter than me

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » April 14th, 2009, 11:44 pm

However, in both uses of the word 'good' in that statement it was being used from the same perspective, and thus, the same perspective of the word 'good' was in effect. Therefore, 'good' is equivalent in both instances within the quote, thereby rendering your statement illogical. Essentially, as Drofder would put it:

Code: Select all

boolean logical;
String good1 = "good as defined by Infinite";
String good2 = "good as defined by Infinite";

if(good1 == good2)
     logical = false;
else
     logical = true;
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » April 14th, 2009, 11:46 pm

Soviet wrote:However, in both uses of the word 'good' in that statement it was being used from the same perspective, and thus, the same perspective of the word 'good' was in effect. Therefore, good is equivalent in both instances within the quote, thereby rendering your statement illogical. Essentially, as Drofder would put it:

boolean logical;

if(good1 == good2)
logical = false;
else
logical = true;
*sigh* still incomprehensible to the meaning of the statement
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together."
"A still more glorious dawn awaits- not a sun rise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with four hundred billion suns: the rising of The Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

BlueDamselfly
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by BlueDamselfly » April 15th, 2009, 12:22 am

If i m right you meant

Paying attention and making the game carefully doesnt make it good.

right?
Codjumper.com's Youtube! - For all your CoDJumping needs!
[18:43] The President: plus i'm downloading a map called <will obviously not quote that>
[18:43] The President: how gay is that
[18:43] Damselflies<3MyDog: almost as much as matty
[18:43] The President: nah not that much
[18:44] Damselflies<3MyDog: rofl

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » April 15th, 2009, 1:57 am

KillerSam wrote:
KillerSam wrote:Unless 'good' was relative to something else, which changed between uses of the word good.
You essentially rewrote that in your post above inifinte. Saying that your meaning for good was relative.
I would've quoted you, but I felt like going more in depth and adding an example.

Nightmare
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Nightmare » April 15th, 2009, 2:11 am

Soviet wrote:However, in both uses of the word 'good' in that statement it was being used from the same perspective, and thus, the same perspective of the word 'good' was in effect. Therefore, 'good' is equivalent in both instances within the quote, thereby rendering your statement illogical. Essentially, as Drofder would put it:

boolean logical;

if(good1 == good2)
     logical = false;
else
     logical = true;
Your code would fail.
Remember that in Java, Strings have to be treated as a comparable.
So in your if statement, you should have said:

if(good1.equals(good2))
:D
Coding is Poetry. Mapping is Art.
"Cause im the sexiest mapper ever...except for nm, that sexy man" - Soviet

-=[CoDJumper.com Movies]=-
[Ambush] || [Backlot] || [Bloc] || [Bog] || [Broadcast] || [Chinatown] || [Countdown]
[Crash] || [Creek] || [Crossfire] || [District] || [Downpour] || [Killhouse] || [Overgrown]
[Pipeline] || [Shipment & Wetwork] || [Showdown] || [Strike] || [Vacant]

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » April 15th, 2009, 3:14 am

Nightmare wrote:
Soviet wrote:However, in both uses of the word 'good' in that statement it was being used from the same perspective, and thus, the same perspective of the word 'good' was in effect. Therefore, 'good' is equivalent in both instances within the quote, thereby rendering your statement illogical. Essentially, as Drofder would put it:

boolean logical;

if(good1 == good2)
     logical = false;
else
     logical = true;
Your code would fail.

if(good1.equals(good2))
true, but he probably isn't using java since he didn't put brackets on his if/else statements

Nightmare
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Nightmare » April 15th, 2009, 3:18 am

Infinite wrote:
Nightmare wrote:

boolean logical;

if(good1 == good2)
     logical = false;
else
     logical = true;
Your code would fail.

if(good1.equals(good2))
true, but he probably isn't using java since he didn't put brackets on his if/else statements
Java doesn't need brackets to work. :)

[Ambush] || [Backlot] || [Bloc] || [Bog] || [Broadcast] || [Chinatown] || [Countdown]
[Crash] || [Creek] || [Crossfire] || [District] || [Downpour] || [Killhouse] || [Overgrown]

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » April 15th, 2009, 3:20 am

Nightmare wrote:
Infinite wrote:
Nightmare wrote: Your code would fail.

if(good1.equals(good2))
Java doesn't need brackets to work. :)
wow, what. If that's true, then I have preformed the most epic fail that I have ever heard of.

EDIT: wow.... I've been taught to use brackets for the whole 7ish months that I've been learning it and I've never seen anyone not use brackets and now I just found out that you don't even need them, EPIC FAIL.
Last edited by Infinite on April 15th, 2009, 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » April 15th, 2009, 3:21 am

Actually, since Droffy got all pissy last time for me using Java on a CoD forum, I used the proper scripting syntax. So, I am right :mrgreen:

And Infinite, yes, a word can mean two different things, however, you failed to designate a difference in any way at all, therefore, one would logically conclude both goods mean the same thing. Therefore, your statement is illogical.

edit: You only need brackets if you use more than one line of code in your loop Infinite.
ImageImageImage

Nightmare
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Nightmare » April 15th, 2009, 3:25 am

You can avoid putting brackets in Java only if the action that happens afterwards is one line, which Soviet did.

Now if it were

if(1<0)
   System.out.println("BlaBla");
   System.out.println("BlaBla2");
In this case, "BlaBla2" would be printed, but if you use brackets

if(1<0){
   System.out.println("BlaBla");
   System.out.println("BlaBla2");
}
Nothing will be printed.

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » April 15th, 2009, 3:27 am

Soviet wrote:Actually, since Droffy got all pissy last time for me using Java on a CoD forum, I used the proper scripting syntax. So, I am right :mrgreen:

And Infinite, yes, a word can mean two different things, however, you failed to designate a difference in any way at all, therefore, one would logically conclude both goods mean the same thing. Therefore, your statement is illogical.

edit: You only need brackets if you use more than one line of code in your loop Infinite.
I find using your brain more logical than using "code" if you understand what I mean, which I doubt anyone understand the deeper meaning within that statement.

+1 to the first statement, and i never knew that last bit :s.

to NM: That's quite interesting.

Nightmare
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Nightmare » April 15th, 2009, 3:31 am

Soviet wrote:Actually, since Droffy got all pissy last time for me using Java on a CoD forum, I used the proper scripting syntax. So, I am right :mrgreen:

If this is the case, then you can simplify, because CoD scripting is awesome like that:

good1 = "good as defined by Infinite";
good2 = "good as defined by Infinite";

if(good1 == good2)
     logical = false;
else
     logical = true;

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » April 15th, 2009, 3:34 am

That's not at all true. Even the most logical brain is plagued with emotion. Droffy will undoubtedly agree with me that programming is, for lack of a better word, logic. It is why computers and machines are always considered the perfect logical entities in any movie or book you've ever seen or read. Interpretation of input is divided into two subcategories, logic and emotion. Considering that computers lack all emotion, all that is left is logic. Therefore, a computational view of a statement would present the most logical solution. Therefore, one can accurately state that your statement is illogical because a computer would find it as such.

And nm, if you keep pestering me like this you won't be getting any foreplay tonight.
ImageImageImage