This Is My Very First Map Mp_Lawless_v1

Have a jump map that we don't have on our site? Let us know!

Moderator: Core Staff

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: This Is My Very First Map Mp_Lawless_v1

Post by Hoogie » January 28th, 2011, 11:11 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:
Hoogie wrote:A maze is bad indeed. I don't agree on the weapons.
there is a map with flash grenades, I went on the game to see how the mod was fairing and all I could see was a pure white screen from the flash bangs... I was going to add an anti-weapon section to the mod due to that map alone.
Flash bangs are another story but i find it good if theres like a deagle or scope at the end of the map or in a secret room. Stuff like that keeps me in the server after i finished the map and there are 5 more min or something.
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

Lawless
CJ Fan
CJ Fan
Gamertag: x STRAF3Zz v2

Post by Lawless » January 29th, 2011, 1:43 am

Rezil wrote:
Drofder2004 wrote:Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
:mrgreen:

Today has been filled with epic statements, yet another to add to the sig! :D

To be on-topic:

Based on the walkthrough, the map looks like another copy-paste I've seen countless times. How about trying to innovate in any way(via scripting, interesting design, atmosphere, etc.) and not just do the same thing over and over again. Jumping from platform to platform CAN be enjoyable but tends to get boring fast. And based on the quality of maps I've been seeing lately(save for mp_digital and kuwehr naturally) I really can't understand how people enjoy jumping on these kind of maps...
I agree that digital is boring but for my first map i think its a 3/5 for a newbie cmon...
Join my server @ 217.163.22.223:28960

Lawless
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Lawless » January 29th, 2011, 1:49 am

Husker wrote:
Rezil wrote:I really can't understand how people enjoy jumping on these kind of maps...
Textures copied from mp_cleopatra and pretty boring and unnatural jumps... glad to see a new map maker but its pretty obvious its your first map and that you need shitloads of progress :(
I do need alot of progress as it is my first map.
Atm i'm making an bigger map to fit more people with secret rooms, a gold deagle at end for first to finish and no maze as i'll probz get lost in my own lol.

Lawless
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Lawless » January 29th, 2011, 1:51 am

Shinryu wrote:Not bad for a first, but it DOES need improvement on multiple points.

Speeding up the video isn't normally a problem, but in this case, it is. I can barely see what you're doing. :?
1. Watch in 720p
2. Fearless has already updated me k
3. In future I will keep it normal speed
4. What is the best quality screen recorder??

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » January 29th, 2011, 1:58 am

Soviet wrote:
Drofder2004 wrote:Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
#1 If map has a maze, it is an instant 1/5.
#2 If map contains weapons, it is maximum a 2/5.
#3 Floating platforms have a maximum mark of 3/5
#4 Map requires RPG jumps non-stop, maximum 3/5.
Drofder2004 wrote:Peds_Puzzle
Peds_Puzzle violates #1, #2, and #3. Hypocrisy much? :P
Pfft, I wasn't in the team at the time, so my rules didn't exist.
Plus, peds_puzzle is one of the worst maps CoD1 has to offer, but just don't tell Peds that. I am on a mission today to make everyone feel that extra special...
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » January 29th, 2011, 3:37 pm

Lawless wrote:
Rezil wrote:And based on the quality of maps I've been seeing lately(save for mp_digital and kuwehr naturally) I really can't understand how people enjoy jumping on these kind of maps...
I agree that digital is boring but for my first map i think its a 3/5 for a newbie cmon...
I think you misread his post! :) And on a side note, please don't do multiple posts to quote separate people, just stick it in one post!
Drofder2004 wrote:Plus, peds_puzzle is one of the worst maps CoD1 has to offer
To be perfectly honest, I completely agree. It's only as popular as it is/was because it was one of the very first 'easy' CoD1 maps, so many people remember it as the jump map they first learned to jump on. At the time of release I think the only other jump maps out were mp_jump and jm_crispy, which were a reasonable amount more difficult. I have considered making a CoD4 version of peds_puzzle, and actually make it look good, but then I suppose that would ruin the distinct memories people have of the map :P

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » January 29th, 2011, 4:55 pm

Hidden weapons are more of a trend nowadays,and one I really like. But just place them somewhere at the end of the map, you know, a little prize for the one who finished the map first :)
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » January 29th, 2011, 9:15 pm

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:Hidden weapons are more of a trend nowadays,and one I really like. But just place them somewhere at the end of the map, you know, a little prize for the one who finished the map first :)
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

Lawless
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Lawless » January 29th, 2011, 10:33 pm

Pedsdude wrote:
Lawless wrote:
Rezil wrote:And based on the quality of maps I've been seeing lately(save for mp_digital and kuwehr naturally) I really can't understand how people enjoy jumping on these kind of maps...
I think you misread his post! :) And on a side note, please don't do multiple posts to quote separate people, just stick it in one post!
Drofder2004 wrote:Plus, peds_puzzle is one of the worst maps CoD1 has to offer
To be perfectly honest, I completely agree. It's only as popular as it is/was because it was one of the very first 'easy' CoD1 maps, so many people remember it as the jump map they first learned to jump on. At the time of release I think the only other jump maps out were mp_jump and jm_crispy, which were a reasonable amount more difficult. I have considered making a CoD4 version of peds_puzzle, and actually make it look good, but then I suppose that would ruin the distinct memories people have of the map :P
Ok I will post evrything in one post...
And I don't get save for mp_digital but anyways i think its very boring end of...

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » January 29th, 2011, 11:31 pm

Original comeback is original.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » January 30th, 2011, 12:13 am

Original map is original.*

* mp_digital, in this case

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » January 30th, 2011, 12:17 am

Idiot is Peds.

Amidoinitrite?
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » January 30th, 2011, 12:54 am

Pedsdude wrote:Original map is original.*

* mp_digital, in this case
So you are sarcastic too right? :roll:

denzil3009
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe
Gamertag: CW|Denzil

Post by denzil3009 » February 23rd, 2011, 4:13 am

mp_Digital is boring ? :shock:

I love that map :D

As for your map, i found that if you turn on 3D mode you get the red fx showing up.

also you need to use RPG way to much, and i hate using rpg :(

@your video you were struggling to get 70 FPS at parts ? :shock: