Talk about anything related with the servers

Moderator: Core Staff

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Server/Mod help please?

Post by Chucky. » July 2nd, 2012, 2:56 pm

FIXED, THANKS ALL FOR YOUR HELP.

Hi all, I got some problems which my host is convinced it's my fault. Some maps I can upload, some I can't. I've tried every single mod I possibly can with permission but none seem to let me upload any map I like.

I'm limited to the amount of mods I have permission too use, even codjumperv3_12b wont work. The server doesn't have any problems at the moment because I upload one map at a time along with the .IWD file if needed then I test too make sure the server doesn't crash, but for example mp_bouncer_training wont work with the mod I'm using. It's impossible too be able too map new maps with a server that can't have 50% of maps uploaded and 0% of new maps.

The server doesn't come up with errors, the server just wont load at all. It stays offline until I remove the newly uploaded map from the rotation list.

Any helps good, thanks all xD

BTW, I'm talking about CoD4 =)
Last edited by Chucky. on July 3rd, 2012, 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: Server/Mod help please?

Post by <LT>YosemiteSam[NL] » July 2nd, 2012, 3:11 pm

when do people learn.....which CoD game m8 ?

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Chucky. » July 2nd, 2012, 3:31 pm

when do people learn.....which CoD game m8 ?
I would of thought the mod name of yours AND the map name would of indicated I'm talking about COD4. It's okay if you didn't click onto that. :roll: :P

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » July 2nd, 2012, 6:34 pm

Try codjumperv3_1, #1 is running it for exactly this reason.

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Chucky. » July 2nd, 2012, 7:12 pm

Pedsdude wrote:Try codjumperv3_1, #1 is running it for exactly this reason.
I'm beginning to think there is another problem with the new map I made. A friend seems possitive theres an errored brush/trig or origin somewhere in my map. Would be easy to find if I had a error log file. Anyways, I've just tried another mod which is pretty new and the maps that didn't work before seem to work good now. Only my map that wont work, so if anyones good at these sort of things I'd really appreciate your help =)
Last edited by Chucky. on July 3rd, 2012, 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » July 2nd, 2012, 8:58 pm

Hi, I am the developer of v3_12b. I am sorry to hear you are having problem with this version of the mod.
What exactly is the problem you are having because it is the first time I have heard it?

Cheers.

(There is a known issue where maps such as citystreets do not load due to an excessive amount of entities on the map - it is not a mod bug/error, but a CoD4 resource issue. But this error is clear and visible in the logs).
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Chucky. » July 2nd, 2012, 9:18 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:
Hi, I am the developer of v3_12b. I am sorry to hear you are having problem with this version of the mod.
What exactly is the problem you are having because it is the first time I have heard it?

Cheers.

(There is a known issue where maps such as citystreets do not load due to an excessive amount of entities on the map - it is not a mod bug/error, but a CoD4 resource issue. But this error is clear and visible in the logs).
It's just my map, I've made an error, I can't find what the hell it is. Spent a long time on this map to just chuck it away. I thought it was the mod I'm using but it isn't. The map can only be played private. I've tried every mod there is just too see if it works but it doesn't and like I said before I'm stuck with minimal mods with permission. Even if I had permission to use any mod I like, my map still wouldn't work. Does anyone know "alot" about mapping/errors?

Anyways, there isn't any problems with your mod or anyones mod, and the map has like 400 entities, is that too much? It also has around 630 brushes.

Thanks.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » July 2nd, 2012, 9:41 pm

type the following in console:

/developer 2; devmap <mapname>
(change <mapname> to your map)
[Add 'rcon' if the server is dedi]

It will spit out an error, report back.
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Chucky. » July 2nd, 2012, 11:25 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:type the following in console:

/developer 2; devmap <mapname>
(change <mapname> to your map)
[Add 'rcon' if the server is dedi]

It will spit out an error, report back.
http://projumperz.us/wp-content/uploads ... titled.png

http://projumperz.us/wp-content/uploads ... itled1.png

Screenshots of the errors in console. I have no idea what they mean...

Thanks again!

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » July 2nd, 2012, 11:35 pm

To me it looks like "trigger" hasn't been defined - hence it's an undefined object.

Somewhere you need to define what trigger is in relation to your map, i can't remember exactly but I think it is:

trigger = getent("trigger", "targetname");

The "trigger" inside the brackets should have the same targetname as what you gave that object/area in radiant. Eg if you called it platform_trigger in radiant, you could do.

trigger = getent("platform_trigger", "targetname");

Hope it helps.
-

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Chucky. » July 3rd, 2012, 12:38 am

F |Madness| U wrote:To me it looks like "trigger" hasn't been defined - hence it's an undefined object.

Somewhere you need to define what trigger is in relation to your map, i can't remember exactly but I think it is:

trigger = getent("trigger", "targetname");

The "trigger" inside the brackets should have the same targetname as what you gave that object/area in radiant. Eg if you called it platform_trigger in radiant, you could do.

trigger = getent("platform_trigger", "targetname");

Hope it helps.
Thanks man, I have one teleport trigger & 3 hintstring triggers, but they all seem too work. I'll delete them all, do one by one and test. I'll let you guys know, thanks again!

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Chucky. » July 3rd, 2012, 12:49 am

I deleted all triggers & some reflection probes as I think there may of been a little too many. Still no results :(

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » July 3rd, 2012, 1:33 am

You cannot delete the triggers and keep the code.

You either fix them or remove all of it.

1. Check the TARGETNAME values of the trigger in your map file
2. Check the spelling of all keys/value and scripted variables.

Also, it is bad practice to name a trigger "trigger". Use something either more descriptive or shorter (e.g door_trigger / trig).

If you are still struggling, take screenshot of the entity values (select the trigger and press n) and then post the full script inside a 'code' tag and it will be solved quickly.

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Chucky. » July 3rd, 2012, 2:25 am

Drofder2004 wrote:You cannot delete the triggers and keep the code.

Also, it is bad practice to name a trigger "trigger". Use something either more descriptive or shorter (e.g door_trigger / trig).

If you are still struggling, take screenshot of the entity values (select the trigger and press n) and then post the full script inside a 'code' tag and it will be solved quickly.
I deleted all trigs and removed all lines from the GSC and zone. It's too late too try any of that, sorry.

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » July 3rd, 2012, 9:44 am

pjchucky wrote:
Drofder2004 wrote:You cannot delete the triggers and keep the code.

I deleted all trigs and removed all lines from the GSC and zone. It's too late too try any of that, sorry.
Lol, kind of retarded since that would have been the quickest, easiest and obvious thing to do. Anyway so it should work now?
-