Talk about anything related with the servers

Moderator: Core Staff

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Server/Mod help please?

Post by Pedsdude » July 3rd, 2012, 5:52 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:
Pedsdude wrote:Try codjumperv3_1, #1 is running it for exactly this reason.
Hi, I am the developer of v3_12b. I am sorry to hear you are having problem with this version of the mod.
What exactly is the problem you are having because it is the first time I have heard it?

Cheers.

(There is a known issue where maps such as citystreets do not load due to an excessive amount of entities on the map - it is not a mod bug/error, but a CoD4 resource issue. But this error is clear and visible in the logs).
I thought you were aware of this. Happened ages back when I was away for a short period of time and Sam updated the server with the new mod, but he couldn't get it to start despite not having changed the maprotation.

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Chucky. » July 3rd, 2012, 6:12 pm

F |Madness| U wrote:
pjchucky wrote:
Drofder2004 wrote:You cannot delete the triggers and keep the code.

You either fix them or remove all of it.

1. Check the TARGETNAME values of the trigger in your map file
2. Check the spelling of all keys/value and scripted variables.

Also, it is bad practice to name a trigger "trigger". Use something either more descriptive or shorter (e.g door_trigger / trig).

If you are still struggling, take screenshot of the entity values (select the trigger and press n) and then post the full script inside a 'code' tag and it will be solved quickly.
I deleted all trigs and removed all lines from the GSC and zone. It's too late too try any of that, sorry.
Lol, kind of retarded since that would have been the quickest, easiest and obvious thing to do. Anyway so it should work now?
Ah, nice. Now I'm being called "retarded". Well, for all your information it actually had nothing to do with the triggers, origins, probes, errored brush or anything. I left a script code in the GSC and forgot to delete it. (I'm sorry for being retarded). :lol:

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » July 3rd, 2012, 8:07 pm

pjchucky wrote: Ah, nice. Now I'm being called "retarded". Well, for all your information it actually had nothing to do with the triggers, origins, probes, errored brush or anything. I left a script code in the GSC and forgot to delete it. (I'm sorry for being retarded). :lol:
Nobody called you retarded. Glad that you got it sorted.
-

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » July 3rd, 2012, 9:31 pm

Pedsdude wrote: I thought you were aware of this. Happened ages back when I was away for a short period of time and Sam updated the server with the new mod, but he couldn't get it to start despite not having changed the maprotation.
I know this is off topic, but chucky is fixed.. so.

There are only 3 big issues that are mod related, of which all 3 are either unfixable or without enough info to look for a solution.

1. Negative XP [No idea how to fix]
2. Some maps exceeding memory limitations [Cannot be fixed]
3. Too many maps in rotation/mod folder (Call to VA() error) [Solutions available]

I have loaded the mod up on servers running a default config many times without fail.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Chucky. » July 3rd, 2012, 11:49 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:
Pedsdude wrote: I thought you were aware of this. Happened ages back when I was away for a short period of time and Sam updated the server with the new mod, but he couldn't get it to start despite not having changed the maprotation.
I know this is off topic, but chucky is fixed.. so.

There are only 3 big issues that are mod related, of which all 3 are either unfixable or without enough info to look for a solution.

1. Negative XP [No idea how to fix]
2. Some maps exceeding memory limitations [Cannot be fixed]
3. Too many maps in rotation/mod folder (Call to VA() error) [Solutions available]

I have loaded the mod up on servers running a default config many times without fail.
I've never had any of those problems, though XP is bugged on a lot of servers including all three of mine even though 2 are using different Mods. I think it gives four ranks, then the XP gets bugged -999999 or something. But the other two, this is the first I'm hearing about it, never had issues like that before. It'll be cool to add a health_overlay script too your mod though...I know it's not really mod related but it'll be good for people wanting to use your mod/skins.